Brandon Marshall - A STEAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshall - A STEAL!

Wud up Bronco fans... I am a Fin fan and I go to UCF. I came here to tell you that you guys got an absolute steal . I have watched him play almost every game of his career... and Brandon Marshall is a stud. I wrote this on a couple of message boards before the draft:

Originally posted by FinNasty
    Brandon Marshall - WR - UCF

6'4" & 5/8ths - 230lbs - 4.45 40 yard dash

He will be the steal of this draft. I dont know if you guys know much about him, because UCF doesnt exactly get alot of national coverage... but the guy is a stud. He is huge and can physically dominate CBs. He is almost impossible to press... especially for smaller CBs. He is a short strider, so he is much quicker than most his size... and it allows him to get in and out of his cuts faster. Marshall is agressive when the ball is in the air and catches it with his hands and doesnt allow it to get into his body often... And he is great at using his big body to shield the ball from defenders. Also, he is fearless across the middle.

One thing hurting him is the fact that he didnt play WR his junior year. After the defense was devistated by injuries... B-Marsh was moved to safety in a "Troy Brown" type situation to help out. However, he led the defense that year in tackles.

Also, the scouts at the combine nicknamed him "Baby T.O." because of his similar size, quickness, and playing style. (Not to worry... Marshall is a great guy, it had nothing to do with off the field issues)

The guy is an animal. In the Hawaii Bowl(UCF's Bowl game), on the biggest stage he has ever been on... he had 11rec for 210 yards and 3TDs!

And then followed it up with a 130 yards and a TD in the Hula Bowl(like the Senior Bowl). Throughout that week, scouts and coaches loved him in practice. He was the best and most dominant player all week in practice and in the game as well...
    Great pick for you guys! I wish you guys luck this season, and I will probably come around here more to keep track of B-Marsh...

If you guys have any questions about him... I could probably answer them too...

EDIT: 2 more things about Marshall...

1) He will NOT be playing TE anytime soon. The only thing about him that translates to a TE is his size. Nothing else... His skill set is not that of a TE. He can block for a WR... but he wont be blocking any DEs...

2) Marshall is a little raw because of his time spent playing safety. He will need a year to develop... but his time spent at safety will end up paying off big time. He has said himself, that playing safety for a year gave him a much better understanding of coverages and improved his ability to read them...
    Last edited by FinNasty; 05-01-2006, 02:28 PM.

Wud up Bronco fans... I am a Fin fan and I go to UCF. I came here to tell you that you guys got an absolute steal . I have watched him play almost every game of his career... and Brandon Marshall is a stud. I wrote this on a couple of message boards before the draft:

Great pick for you guys! I wish you guys luck this season, and I will probably come around here more to keep track of B-Marsh...

Hey welcome aboard.

I do have one question tho, the kid was suspended for something. I remember reading about it, but I don't remember what it was. Care to shine some light?

Comment

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for the input on "B-Marsh". Honestly, I've never heard of him until yesterday, but I can't wait to see him in action

Comment

I have heard some about this guy and I hope he can step up and be a #2 or 3 guy in the next couple of seasons. He seems like he would be nice for going over the middle for us. We are also about to lose 2 of our 3 good receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
          Hey welcome aboard.

I do have one question tho, the kid was suspended for something. I remember reading about it, but I don't remember what it was. Care to shine some light?
          Thanks... :wave:

I dont remember what it was... but it wasnt anything to serious from what I can remember. It was earlier in his college career with the old coaching regime.

Ever since George O'Leary and the new regime took over... he has been fine.

Comment

Hell yeah...shoutout to a fellow UCF'er

Go Knights!
            My other love...
            sigpic
            305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

I've been saying it all along. the guy is like a Mushin Muhammed. I love the kid. He will start and comtribute this year. Believe that . the kid is physical and mean plus he is humble and coachable. My favorite pick in the entire draft.
              Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker
                Hell yeah...shoutout to a fellow UCF'er

Go Knights!
                Hell ya!! Represent playa!

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks for the insight Fin.

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaGorilla
                    Sounds good. Thanks for the insight Fin.
                    No problem bro...

Comment

y should u have an opinion???ur a dolphin fan???????trust me broncos fans no that they got a steal,or atleast i do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatted Bronco
                        y should u have an opinion???ur a dolphin fan???????trust me broncos fans no that they got a steal,or atleast i do!!!

I gotta give u props. You'd been calling for this guy. Great call man. Maybe u could take over for flashlie lelie when he is gone. Cause u know more about the Wr position than that bum does
                        Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Oh... I dont know if I mentioned this.... but he is a BEAST in the red zone... There is pretty much nothing a smaller CB can do to stop him... He has 1/2 a foot and 30-40 lbs on them...

Comment

Originally posted by Tatted Bronco
                            I have an opinion because he was my favorite player in this draft. I have watched him play his entire career... and know more about him than most...

BTW... this is an even better pic of him if you want one for your sig... Hes an animal!

Last edited by FinNasty; 05-01-2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I have an opinion because he was my favorite player in this draft. I have watched him play his entire career... and know more about him than most...

BTW... this is an even better pic of him if you want one for your sig... Hes an animal!

Don't mind Tatted_Bronco/JakesBeard/other aliases he's used.

You and your opinion are welcome here. Hopefully you will see the light someday and become a broncos fan tho ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X