Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Lelie (merged)

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...663949,00.html

I would have gladly traded Lelie for a 3rd round pick (or for a 2007 3rd round pick plus a late round 2007 pick). While Lelie is being blamed for being against the addition of Javon Walker, I'm curious to see who else thinks Ashley should have been traded (if there actually was a 3rd rd. pick offered for him)................
    Yes. This would have removed a potential distraction.
    55.00%
    No. Nothing less than a 2nd round pick should be accepted in trade for Lelie.
    45.00%
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

I used to think a 3rd rounder would've been way too low for someone with the talent of Lelie.

However I'm quickly learning he isn't highly looked upon throughout the league.

I guess I would have traded him for a 3rd rounder, if that was the best you were going to get.

I guess we still feel we can get something better for him?
    sigpic

Comment

I was curious to see how Ash was going to react, can't say that I blame him for being bitter, but i thought he would still try and prove that he's a No. 1 reciever instead of [email protected]#$*ing and moaning about how unfair the Offensive playcalling was and talking about sitting out the whole season, way to market yourself stupid!!! JW had the talent to back a move like he did , but if AL thinks he's going to sit out the whole season and get a big contract, the faiders have a better shot at making the playoffs this year than that happening. Hey Ash don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
        I used to think a 3rd rounder would've been way too low for someone with the talent of Lelie.

However I'm quickly learning he isn't highly looked upon throughout the league.

I guess I would have traded him for a 3rd rounder, if that was the best you were going to get.

I guess we still feel we can get something better for him?
        I would have liked to get a low 2nd round pick, but feel the depth of this year's draft would have made a 3rd round pick acceptable...... especially with DT's like Gabe Watson, Babatunde Oshinowo, Rodrique Wright and Orien Harris available.
        I'd prefer getting a 2007 draft pick for Lelie to keeping an unhappy player.
        Last edited by keithbishop; 05-01-2006, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
          I would have liked to get a low 2nd round pick, but feel the depth of this year's draft would have made a 3rd round pick acceptable...... especially with DT's like Babatunde Oshinowo, Rodrique Wright and Orien Harris available.
          I'd prefer getting a 2007 draft pick for Lelie to keeping an unhappy player.
          Yeah, same here.

I was a big fan of his until lately when he started crying about this and that.

If anything, he should be looking forward to this coming year.

You'd be battling a 35 year old man and a WR coming off an ACL injury. And if you happened to work as hard as much as you cried, you'd prove alot of people wrong.

And then after this season you'd have a chance to do whatever you wanted to do.

But if he wants out, I say just work on a trade and try to get something back for him.

I'd rather have guys who are here and ready to work and let their talking on the field speak for them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
            Yeah, same here.

I was a big fan of his until lately when he started crying about this and that.

If anything, he should be looking forward to this coming year.

You'd be battling a 35 year old man and a WR coming off an ACL injury. And if you happened to work as hard as much as you cried, you'd prove alot of people wrong.

And then after this season you'd have a chance to do whatever you wanted to do.

But if he wants out, I say just work on a trade and try to get something back for him.

I'd rather have guys who are here and ready to work and let their talking on the field speak for them.
            I agree. My preference would have been for Lelie to train with the team and fight for a job. That could still take place...... Lelie made no comments until reports surfaced about a 6-year deal for Walker..... and I can understand his frustration, though I still don't think he should have spoken to the press.

Just as Green Bay would have opened up a can of worms with Walker by refusing to deal him for less than a 1st round pick, Denver made a mistake by not dealing Lelie for a 3rd round pick, IMO. The main position of need that wasn't addressed in the draft was DT..... Watson or Oshinowo would be nice to have in Orange and Blue......

Comment

Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE
              I was curious to see how Ash was going to react, can't say that I blame him for being bitter, but i thought he would still try and prove that he's a No. 1 reciever instead of [email protected]#$*ing and moaning about how unfair the Offensive playcalling was and talking about sitting out the whole season, way to market yourself stupid!!! JW had the talent to back a move like he did , but if AL thinks he's going to sit out the whole season and get a big contract, the faiders have a better shot at making the playoffs this year than that happening. Hey Ash don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!!
              Lelie should realize when he's being baited by the press......... imagine the phone calls and questions he's received the past week or so. I blame both Lelie and Shanahan for what has taken place. Once again..... why not trade him for a 3rd round pick???

Comment

One more thing that's just eating at me, with Smith and his age, he's not what he used to be (no offense Rod's a true player)AL showing his true colors here. He's pretty much telling the entire league that he would rather sit and cry about a position, that if he was determined enough to get might of had a shot or at least maybe the #2 position, and could of made an impact. Walker's not a guarantee to start and imo, just gave up on giving himself a legitimate chance to prove to everyone hes whining to now to put his money where his mouth is!!!!!! Man I have lost respect for him, and he says it's not about the money, don't worry AL, your cheese is on the way with all your whining. Chump.

Comment

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...663949,00.html

I would have gladly traded Lelie for a 3rd round pick (or for a 2007 3rd round pick plus a late round 2007 pick). While Lelie is being blamed for being against the addition of Javon Walker, I'm curious to see who else thinks Ashley should have been traded (if there actually was a 3rd rd. pick offered for him)................

Shanahan would have taken a 3rd round pick, from what I have gathered from the DP this morning about the only thing that was being offered was a 2nd day pick and Shanahan sees that Lelie has more value than a 2nd day pick. I like Lelie, he may not be as good he as he should be but he's still a better quality receiver than Devoe, Adams, or Watts.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Lelie should realize when he's being baited by the press......... imagine the phone calls and questions he's received the past week or so. I blame both Lelie and Shanahan for what has taken place. Once again..... why not trade him for a 3rd round pick???
                    Maybe Shanny was sincere in what he said about him wanting AL to compete for the position, I can see that. I don't see that happening now though, it's kinda hard to do that when the bridge you need to cross is the one you just burnt.

Comment

Lelie is worth a low 2nd pick.

The fact that Lelie has come out and said he wants to play for a team he can fairly competed for the #1 spot is fine by me. I wish him the best.

Lelie is absolutely right. Javon is a big time WR and can definitely be a #1 WR when healthy. Denver didn't do a big contract with Javon to come to Denver to sit on the bench.

I understand that. Lelie was also right when he said our system isn't designed for multiple WRs to have huge numbers. I know you are saying what about Eddie Mac and Rod Smith. Well that was before Shanny tighten the reigns on Jake and Jake can has to look at only one WR on a given play. The real ability to drop back go throw progressions have really limited our passing offense.

I don't blame Lelie for wanting to get out of this situation. Unless you are the #1 in the current system with Jake Plummer your production will go down.

This is a business for teams and players. If a team wants to move on we say it is a business. If a player wants to move on we say they are selfish. Well I think Ashley Lelie is smart to recognize the writing on the wall. For him he wants to compete on the field for the #1 spot. Hope his next home gives him that opportunity.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                        Lelie is worth a low 2nd pick.

The fact that Lelie has come out and said he wants to play for a team he can fairly competed for the #1 spot is fine by me. I wish him the best.

Lelie is absolutely right. Javon is a big time WR and can definitely be a #1 WR when healthy. Denver didn't do a big contract with Javon to come to Denver to sit on the bench.

I understand that. Lelie was also right when he said our system isn't designed for multiple WRs to have huge numbers. I know you are saying what about Eddie Mac and Rod Smith. Well that was before Shanny tighten the reigns on Jake and Jake can has to look at only one WR on a given play. The real ability to drop back go throw progressions have really limited our passing offense.

I don't blame Lelie for wanting to get out of this situation. Unless you are the #1 in the current system with Jake Plummer your production will go down.

This is a business for teams and players. If a team wants to move on we say it is a business. If a player wants to move on we say they are selfish. Well I think Ashley Lelie is smart to recognize the writing on the wall. For him he wants to compete on the field for the #1 spot. Hope his next home gives him that opportunity.
                        While you have some valid points in your post the bottom line is AL obviously wanted out before JW came into the picture then because the Broncos "system" did'nt fit his talent, or lack there of. Good for him, he realized that he could'nt compete for the #1 position against an aging yet talented Smith, and JW whose recovering from a serious injury. Is he being selfish, not really, more like understanding that mediocre play and talent has no place on the roster of the Broncos.

Comment

I would have said no to trading him period. He's worth much more than a freaking 3rd rounder. He's great!
                          MMA News
                          MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                            I would have said no to trading him period. He's worth much more than a freaking 3rd rounder. He's great!
                            I liked him/still do, but if he chooses to sit on his hands the whole season I'll definatly have no respect for him. I thought Ash and JW were a good fit especially if Cutler gets that gun going. I guess I 'm more disappointed in the way he is handling the situation, I was looking forward to finally having 3 legitimate targets all at once again, oh well.

Comment

A third round pick would be great. I think we'd be lucky to get even that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X