Remember!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WABronco
    Well, seeing how he's only played three years, I'd say he has to start somewhere, right? His '03 year was above average (only his soph year), and he continued that PROGRESSION into '04 with a top 5 year.
    Right, and now he has 3 years AND a bum knee.

At some point, you also have to put a degree of confidence in a player's physical talent rather than focusing solely on the stats. To say that Walker's size/speed, strength, and leaping ability is a product of Brett Favre...that's going a little too far IMO.
    Lelie also has less strength, but same size and MORE speed, leaping ability. Lelie also has had 1 good year. IMO, we're letting go of Lelie, for a slower, stronger Lelie with a bad knee.

Antonio Chatman had Pro Bowl numbers? Wow, I'll have to check that...

Antonio Freeman was the guy I was thinking off, and he is joined with people like Bill Schroeder, Donald Driver, and Robert Brooks.

Products of Brett Favre.

Donald Driver 86rec 1221yds 14.2avg 5td's

Javon Walker 89rec 1382yds 15.5avg 12td's
    Donald Driver 84rec 1208yds 14.4avg 9td's

Donald Driver 52rec 621yds 11.9avg 2tds
    Ahman Green 50rec 367yds 7.3avg 5tds
    Javon Walker 41rec 716yds 17.5avg 9tds

Donald Driver 70rec 1064yds 15.2avg 9tds

Ahman Green 62rec 594yds 9.6avg 2tds
    Bill Schroeder 53rec 918yds 17.3avg 9tds
    Antonio Freeman 52rec 818yds 15.7avg 6tds

Ahman Green 73rec 559yds 7.7avg 3tds
    Bill Schroeder 65rec 999yds 15.4avg 4tds
    Antonio Freeman 62rec 912yds 14.7avg 9tds

Antonio Freeman 74rec 1074yds 14.5avg 6tds
    Bill Schroeder 74rec 1051yds 14.2avg 5tds
    Dorsey Levens 71rec 573yds 8.1avg 1tds

Antonio Freeman 84rec 1424yds 17.0avg 14tds

Antonio Freeman 81rec 1243yds 15.3avg 12tds
    Robert Brooks 60rec 1010yds 16.8avg 7tds

Antonio Freeman 56rec 933yds 16.7avg 9tds

None of those guys did anything when they left. Schroeder couldn't even hack it with the hapless Lions. Freeman couldn't even make final rosters outside of Green bay.

It is IMHO, that if Walker was in Denver and Lelie was in GB, considering their wide open passing game and Denver's conservative passing game, the stats for the players would be reversed, and Lelie would be the one coming to Denver and Walker would be on his way out.

There's no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
      Lelie also has less strength, but same size and MORE speed, leaping ability. Lelie also has had 1 good year. IMO, we're letting go of Lelie, for a slower, stronger Lelie with a bad knee.
      Wow, not even close.

Javon Walker is a complete receiver...there's no doubt in my mind. He produces on slants, across the middle, on deep balls, and on jump balls. He posseses a toughness or physical nature that Lelie simply doesn't.

Lelie's the same size as Walker? Check again. Walker's at least 220...and built like TO.

As far as the Favre-made-receiver thing, I agree to some point. Bill Schroeder is an obvious choice. But, Antonio Freeman just got old when he left Green Bay IMO. But, like I said, you have to put stock in the physical talent...at some point.

Comment

Wow, not even close.

Javon Walker is a complete receiver...there's no doubt in my mind. He produces on slants, across the middle, on deep balls, and on jump balls. He posseses a toughness or physical nature that Lelie simply doesn't.

Lelie's the same size as Walker? Check again. Walker's at least 220...and built like TO.

As far as the Favre-made-receiver thing, I agree to some point. Bill Schroeder is an obvious choice. But, Antonio Freeman just got old when he left Green Bay IMO. But, like I said, you have to put stock in the physical talent...at some point.

Lelie's height makes him a force in jump balls though, that's where I was going with size.

I truly believe, with Lelie's explosiveness and downfield speed, we would put up mad numbers if he had a gunslinger like Favre throwing to him.

But for the sake of the future of Denver's wr's, I really hope you're right about Walker being a complete WR, because he will be more of a focus in Denver for defenses, something that wasn't the case in Green bay because of Driver, Ferguson, and the plethora of TE and FB/RB recieving options.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
          Lelie's height makes him a force in jump balls though, that's where I was going with size.

I truly believe, with Lelie's explosiveness and downfield speed, we would put up mad numbers if he had a gunslinger like Favre throwing to him.
          Fair enough. I don't disagree...

Comment

Working...
          X