Deltha O'neil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deltha O'neil

Has there been any news on Deltha O'neil being traded. How much cap room would that free up for the Broncos. It is not likely that Deltha would get much playing time next season.

"I drank what?!?"

No one wants him. Maybe NFL Europe or else CFL might be good bets for him

Comment

Maybe we should try him at RB...he has the pace but the vision shown in his punt returns was poor...maybe we should make him a punter. He surely can't be worse than Knorr...
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

We should take anything for him even a sixth or seventh draft pick. It could free up some cap room.

"I drank what?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by kwanzi
          We should take anything for him even a sixth or seventh draft pick. It could free up some cap room.
          I think we'll end up taking our losses and cutting him. We're not going to keep a guy on our roster that won't see any playing time this year. Other teams know this and anyone who is interested in him will just wait until we cut him instead of giving up a valuable draft pick.

The only way I see getting anything for him is on draft day to possibly help us move up somewhere.
          Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Deltha

I think everyone is too hard on Deltha. His cap number is so small right now, there'd be no point in cutting him. I really believe that he is a good Punt Returner and has potential to be a great CB. Keep him around next year and see what happens. I definitely don't want Rod Smith returning punts, if he got hurt, what would we do?

Comment

Re: Deltha

Originally posted by gaucho
              I think everyone is too hard on Deltha. His cap number is so small right now, there'd be no point in cutting him. I really believe that he is a good Punt Returner and has potential to be a great CB. Keep him around next year and see what happens. I definitely don't want Rod Smith returning punts, if he got hurt, what would we do?
              We have lots of guys that can return kicks/punts. We will not keep a guy on the roster who won't play. Denver has already said he won't play CB again, and O'Neil dosen't want to play WR. I also think it's too bad, because Deltha has an ass load of athletic ability, but his days in Denver are done. I wish him well wherever else he ends up.

Comment

who on the team can return punts better than deltha?

Comment

Dump Deltha, he can't cover a bed. He lost us the game last year against NE. Trade him To Washington, they will take anyone.

Comment

Rod Smith return a punt last year for a TD, the same amount as Deltha

Comment

MarTay Jenkins
                      sigpic

Comment

Smith, Jenkins, Maidse, Q, Galloway.... I could go on. We have a lot of capable guys who can return. Unless you have a guy like Dante Hall, you don't keep someone on your roster just to return punts. It's not feasable to do anymore.

I also think Bailey could do a good job of returning punts/kickoffs.

Comment

I disagree, I think it's a bad idea to have one of our marquee players on special teams (that's how we lost gold this year). I don't want to see Champ or Rod or even Q returning punts. Remember when Sehorn was in his prime and they decided to let him return kicks? Bad idea. If you really think Galloway can return punts better than Deltha, I'd like you to explain why.

Comment

If O'Neal played like he did in 2001 there'd be a case for him playing. But he's absolute bollocks now. He should play a different sport.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                              If O'Neal played like he did in 2001 there'd be a case for him playing. But he's absolute bollocks now. He should play a different sport.
                              Maybe its to cold for deltha in denver, not enough sun like in sunny CA.

Comment

Working...
                              X