Jake Plummer = Drew Brees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Plummer = Drew Brees?

is this gonna be the same kind of thing that hjappened to Brees when Rivers was drafted. Brees was not an elite qb always making mistakes and then right when he had pressure on his starting job he brought his game up a few notches to play very good efficient quarterback. What do you think? Similarities here?

The Future

NBA's Greatest Player Ever

Very possible...

But Jake is nearing his twilight years anyways. Granted, you can't peg the exact time when a player starts to decline. But, teams are always trying to upgrade with talent or youth, so...

Comment

For the Broncos in 2006 sake, I sure hope so.

Cutler was a good pick, its been mentioned a million times before, but Denver doesen't get a shot at a franchise QB in the draft very often (as long as Shanny is our coach). I'm glad they did.
      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Snake=Superbowl
        is this gonna be the same kind of thing that hjappened to Brees when Rivers was drafted. Brees was not an elite qb always making mistakes and then right when he had pressure on his starting job he brought his game up a few notches to play very good efficient quarterback. What do you think? Similarities here?
        I dont think so because he had his best seaosn before Gay I mean Jay was even thought to have been drafted. I dont expect the SNAKE to get worse, I expect him to take us to the superbowl.
        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          But Jake is nearing his twilight years anyways. Granted, you can't peg the exact time when a player starts to decline. But, teams are always trying to upgrade with talent or youth, so...

exactly what i thought-- brees was still in his developmental stages, but plummer is like a ten year vet. . . i'd love to see it happen, but we'll see. . . .
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
            I dont think so because he had his best seaosn before Gay I mean Jay was even thought to have been drafted. I dont expect the SNAKE to get worse, I expect him to take us to the superbowl.

a homophobic insult to our new QB-- wow, how underwhelmingly clever!! how long did it take you to think that one up? i hope you didn't hurt yourself. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
              I thought you hated Jake Plummer...

Oh wait, that must be one of the 256 other people with "MileHigh" in their screen-name...my bad.

Comment

Oh wait, that must be one of the 256 other people with "MileHigh" in their screen-name...my bad.

that would be "mile high magic" yer thinkin' of. . . . .

Comment

Definitely makes sense Snake=Superbowl. I certainly hope that does happen!

I stand by Jake the Snake and expect him to play better than last year, because he agrees with me.

Comment

I think the Culter Will push Jake, one way or the other. He will either motivate Jake and push him to the next level, or Jake will crack. Either way it will be fun to watch this season witch way it will go.

Funny thing is either way you know their will be people on this board who will say they saw it comming all the way, but wont say so untill after it happens
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                      a homophobic insult to our new QB-- wow, how underwhelmingly clever!! how long did it take you to think that one up? i hope you didn't hurt yourself. . . .

I apologize if I offended you. Thank you for your concern, though I never hurt myself thinking up such jokes. And by the way he is not our new QB (Cutler).

Comment

No Sir! I am a loyal supporter of the SNAKE.

Comment

I don't really think Plummer = Brees.

Brees had been in the league 3 years and had just led the Chargers to a 4-12 season when Manning/Rivers was drafted. It looked like Brees wasn't going to become a good NFL quarterback.

Plummer has been with the Broncos for 3 years and just led them to a 13-3 season in which they made it to the AFCCG. Plummer has improved every year without a QB on his heels like Brees did.

IMO, the Chargers made the right move at that time. The Broncos didn't. The only similarity between the two is that Brees got ****ed by the Chargers, and Plummer is going to get ****ed by the Broncos.

Comment

Jake has been a pretty good qb, so if drafting Cutler pushes him to be better we will win the SB this year
                            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

No way it's the same.

Brees is a much better QB than St. Jake.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X