stupid question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question...

I know this is a VERY stupid question, but Ive been wondering...

What the hell is turf toe? is it like athletes foot or what?

I know, I know.... Im an idiot.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Re: stupid question...

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
    I know this is a VERY stupid question, but Ive been wondering...

What the hell is turf toe? is it like athletes foot or what?

I know, I know.... Im an idiot.
    No stupid questions just stupid answers. So I won't give one here, I'm sure someone has the answer though.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Turf Toe

Good question .... maybe this will help.

Turf toe describes a sprain of the ball of the foot at the great toe. A sprain means that the ligaments (tissues connecting two bones) are stretched or torn. This injury most commonly affects football athletes playing on artificial turf with "turf shoes." When the athlete tries to stop quickly, the shoe grabs the turf. As the great toe slides over the insole and hits the inside of the shoe, it is sprained.

The great toe can also be injured when it is forced to extend more than it normally can. For example, turf toe can occur when the athlete is standing on the balls of the feet and another athlete pushes him or her forward, hyperextending the great toe.

A doctor needs to examine the athlete who may have turf toe. Treatment consists of applying ice, heat, and tape or stiff-soled inserts in the shoe to restrict movement of the great toe. The athlete must follow the prescribed treatment to alleviate this disabling condition and to return to his or her normal level of function.
      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Good explanation, thanks reasonable chief.
        Last edited by Broncofan-13; 11-13-2003, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Re: Turf Toe

Originally posted by ReasonableChief

Turf toe describes a sprain of the ball of the foot at the great toe. A sprain means that the ligaments (tissues connecting two bones) are stretched or torn. This injury most commonly affects football athletes playing on artificial turf with "turf shoes." When the athlete tries to stop quickly, the shoe grabs the turf. As the great toe slides over the insole and hits the inside of the shoe, it is sprained.

The great toe can also be injured when it is forced to extend more than it normally can. For example, turf toe can occur when the athlete is standing on the balls of the feet and another athlete pushes him or her forward, hyperextending the great toe.

A doctor needs to examine the athlete who may have turf toe. Treatment consists of applying ice, heat, and tape or stiff-soled inserts in the shoe to restrict movement of the great toe. The athlete must follow the prescribed treatment to alleviate this disabling condition and to return to his or her normal level of function.
          I am sure you are aware that this kind of explanation from a chiefs fan leaves you wide open to all kinds of slams and abuse. I however will leave it alone. Very good Explanation though.
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

How is it caused? Like "stubbing" your foot?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Or small dog toe.
              I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

Ok, ok, here is mine

What about second hand toe?

Ack! seconds too late.
                Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

nah your all wrong.

Its sofa Hemi's and beertab thumb.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                    nah your all wrong.

Its sofa Hemi's and beertab thumb.
                    I think that is how Jake got hurt...
                    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Re: Turf Toe

/// could you tell me how to do a quadrupill bye pass now
                      Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

quadruple bye pass.... is that the one for the heart or the expressway...
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Turf Toe

Originally posted by broncos0707
                          /// could you tell me how to do a quadrupill bye pass now
                          I could probably do it . It is much like highway work, but you can't afford delays like I remember on I-25.
                          Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Turf Toe

I could probably do it . It is much like highway work, but you can't afford delays like I remember on I-25.
                            you a doctor reasonable chief? can you explain to me the enigma that is HMO?

Comment

Not a doctor ...
                              Just a man with a computer and search engine.

As for HMOs, I think they were designed to be confusing in order to keep people from seeking medical treatment.

Comment

Working...
                              X