X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    there is no end we have that can play DT, the only player that might be able to switch positions is Veal, but players who switch are usually ineffective ala pryce

i do agree. there was talk about shanny saying he might use dumervil on the inside, but i'll wait to actually see it on the field first. veal is a possibility, but we dont exactly have a lot of depth at the DT position to begin with. im more thinking that if we had a DE that could play inside, we could keep 6 ends and 3 tackles and still have a little depth on the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    well, i think we always have 4 DTs on the roster, with one usually being inactive. the 6 DEs does seem a little heavy, but if everyone impresses, shanny might do it. especially if one of them can play some DT as well.

but we have other players that can give depth to multiple positions (eg sapp fb/rb; cox corner/safety), so that might allow us the luxury of carrying 10 lineman. id be surprised to see it, but not flabbergasted.
    there is no end we have that can play DT, the only player that might be able to switch positions is Veal, but players who switch are usually ineffective ala pryce

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    This is all wrong, Ekuban and Brown are gonna start at end, Lang and 1 other end (Maybe Jackson) will man the backup slots, Dumerville will probably be the one that makes the team, but is inactive a lot.

No way we keep 6 DE's and 4 DT's on the roster.

5 De's and 3 DT's is more like it

well, i think we always have 4 DTs on the roster, with one usually being inactive. the 6 DEs does seem a little heavy, but if everyone impresses, shanny might do it. especially if one of them can play some DT as well.

but we have other players that can give depth to multiple positions (eg sapp fb/rb; cox corner/safety), so that might allow us the luxury of carrying 10 lineman. id be surprised to see it, but not flabbergasted.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    This is all wrong, Ekuban and Brown are gonna start at end, Lang and 1 other end (Maybe Jackson) will man the backup slots, Dumerville will probably be the one that makes the team, but is inactive a lot.

No way we keep 6 DE's and 4 DT's on the roster.

5 De's and 3 DT's is more like it

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish
    wow, lots of agreeing in this thread!

i almost feel like i should start bashing someone so things fill feel like normal around here . . . . . .
    Kumbayah my Lord, Kumbayah...

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    not sure, but if i remember correctly, engelberger was inactive for most of our games last year after brown came back. . . . obviously we'll have a better idea what the depth chart is gonna look like after camp, but if i had to guess right now i'd bet that either jackson or dumerville would be the inactive unless they can both beat out engelberger, which i would call a lon shot, at least initially. . . .

something i just thought of in regards to the initial question-- i think we almost have to keep 5 if not six DEs on the 53 man roster because of courtney brown's injury history. . . . i hate to say it (types with fingers crossed) but he hasn't played a full 16 game season since his rookie year . . . . .

*knocks on wood*
    I just went back and checked Engelberger's bio and he was active for 14 out the 16 games. The only games he was deactivated for were Jets and the Cowboys games.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied

i almost feel like i should start bashing someone so things fill feel like normal around here . . . . . .
    Lol, I don't know about you guys, but I've had my fill of bashing...enough to last me 'til August at least.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Yea, I'd bet that either Jackson or Dumervil get that honor...early in the season anyways.

i almost feel like i should start bashing someone so things will feel like normal around here . . . . . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 05-16-2006, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Ok new question. All six DEs in the poll make the roster, are all of them activated for every game or does Shanahan deactivate one or two of most games? If so which one(s) seem to be the most likely.

not sure, but if i remember correctly, engelberger was inactive for most of our games last year after brown came back. . . . obviously we'll have a better idea what the depth chart is gonna look like after camp, but if i had to guess right now i'd bet that either jackson or dumerville would be the inactive unless they can both beat out engelberger, which i would call a lon shot, at least initially. . . .

something i just thought of in regards to the initial question-- i think we almost have to keep 5 if not six DEs on the 53 man roster because of courtney brown's injury history. . . . i hate to say it (types with fingers crossed) but he hasn't played a full 16 game season since his rookie year . . . . .

*knocks on wood*

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Ok new question. All six DEs in the poll make the roster, are all of them activated for every game or does Shanahan deactivate one or two of most games? If so which one(s) seem to be the most likely.
    Yea, I'd bet that either Jackson or Dumervil get that honor...early in the season anyways.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    ohnokoolaid said that gordon could possibly be a decent player for us, and i trust his judgement. . . . i really don't know anything about him myself though. . . .
    I made a super-deluxe post about him when we signed him...I'll see if I can find it.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...1&postcount=13

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Amon Gordon....the latest Brownco. He was seen as an athletic penetrator type coming out of Stanford, and I believe he was an early day two pick. I think he has the best shot because of the "Andre Patterson effect." Unless someone like Majondo-Mwamba or Antwon Burton can really show something in camp, he really has no competition for that 4th spot.

ohnokoolaid said that gordon could possibly be a decent player for us, and i trust his judgement. . . . i really don't know anything about him myself though. . . .

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    i agree with lancane, we'll probably keep six DEs. . . let's see, that would be brown, ekuban, lang, engelberger, and probably corey jackson and dumervil. . . . did i forget anybody?
    That's the list I'd LOVE to see come out of preseason. I don't want anyone to get axed, but if someone has to go I'd pick Engelberger (only because of the supposed pass rush prowess of Jackson).

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    DTs that would be Warren, Veal, Myer, and???

DEs would be, Ekuban, Brown, Engelberger, Dumervil, Jackson and Lang.

What do you think? I just can't think who would be the 4th DT.
    Amon Gordon....the latest Brownco. He was seen as an athletic penetrator type coming out of Stanford, and I believe he was an early day two pick. I think he has the best shot because of the "Andre Patterson effect." Unless someone like Majondo-Mwamba or Antwon Burton can really show something in camp, he really has no competition for that 4th spot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X