Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD#30
    replied
    i ahve to go w/ Elvis, he has good speed and decent moves to get to the qb. teh rest of our DEs are mainly run stoppers

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Well, thing about it, TX, the year Ekuban got his eight sacks he was playing with an injured wheel and an injured shoulder. What I don't understand is the drop in his production and that of Engelberger's since coming to the Broncos. Makes me suspicious of what they are doing with them.

-----
    Good point Top, I spaced that, but he was banged up and did well. And for Engleberger, he was brought back because he will be in the hunt for the speed rotation. Engleberger, Jackson, Dumerville and Lang are all light and more speed then bulk. They are all better suited for pass rushing, remember Top I said Denver would be best to add some lighter and faster ends, and they have done that.

Problem is now we have so many ends, that we will likely cut some talent and I think Gause and Engleberger, even possibly Veal will all be fighting for spots. Tackle is sured up with Myers, Warren, Amon and Mwamba. Kenard Lang could be penciled in as a LB/DE transitional for roster space, but either way we are looking good for speed, lets hope it produces and that Ekuban and Brown will do well.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Well, thing about it, TX, the year Ekuban got his eight sacks he was playing with an injured wheel and an injured shoulder. What I don't understand is the drop in his production and that of Engelberger's since coming to the Broncos. Makes me suspicious of what they are doing with them.

-----

Really? I didn't know that Ekuban had been banged up when he got his eight sacks. Same here, I'm leary of what's going to happen with him and Engelberger.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I don't know Lava. Ekuban has never been in double digit sacks and I wouldn't say he played sparringly either. Without checking I would guess he was in on at least 40% of the defensive snaps last season.

-----

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    So if we are asking when we will have the next sack master in Denver? That is easy, if Lelie stays it will be next years #1 pick, if he is gone it will be the following draft! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    Hellooooo

Ekuban will be close if not in double digits in sacks.

How in the world is he tied for last with Engleberger?

Didnt he tie for the team lead while only playing sparringly last year?

HIs career high is 8 i think he will match or better that this year (better if he starts as much as i think he should).

I don't know Lava. Ekuban has never been in double digit sacks and I wouldn't say he played sparringly either. Without checking I would guess he was in on at least 40% of the defensive snaps last season.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Hellooooo

Ekuban will be close if not in double digits in sacks.

How in the world is he tied for last with Engleberger?

Didnt he tie for the team lead while only playing sparringly last year?

HIs career high is 8 i think he will match or better that this year (better if he starts as much as i think he should).
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 05-16-2006, 04:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JRWIZ
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    i voted corey jackson. he has as much chance as anyone of becoming a double digit sack guy.

i think the bottom line is we have guys that can be solid pass rushers, but it is dependant upon coyer opening up the system a little bit. the guys we have all have the talent to put up 5-8 sacks(well, maybe not dummervil or jackson; hard to say anything about them until we see them play a bit). we dont necessarily need any one guy to be a double digit qb getter (although it would be nice) if we can get some contribution from everyone.

come on coyer, unshackle the boys every now and then.
    Dreamer

Leave a comment:

• broncos74310
    replied
    they all suck, a lot with pass rushing. dumervil is what 5' 11''? thats the height of a running back. his arms are too shoprt, and will just get run over. the others are jus bumbs who were all big time busts.

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    i voted corey jackson. he has as much chance as anyone of becoming a double digit sack guy.

i think the bottom line is we have guys that can be solid pass rushers, but it is dependant upon coyer opening up the system a little bit. the guys we have all have the talent to put up 5-8 sacks(well, maybe not dummervil or jackson; hard to say anything about them until we see them play a bit). we dont necessarily need any one guy to be a double digit qb getter (although it would be nice) if we can get some contribution from everyone.

come on coyer, unshackle the boys every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by JRWIZ
    Naw I think I've proved my point.

Until tater and ashley crack the staring lineup this coming year they'd have to be rated even below average on a good team.

you're so clueless it makes my head hurt.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    The problem is that unless you DRAFT DL you can't get them for cheap -- or what Clinton Portis used to call "getting me for the low-low" in reference to his rookie contract.

The problem is that you need to sign FAs if you don't have good young players being developed every year. And FAs cost a lot.

Shanahan always tries to develop undrafted FAs. He's even had some success at it with other positions, but NEVER with DL. He's picked up some FAs who were cut by other teams (Bert Berry was the best) but even when they pan out he's not willing to pay them enough to keep them.

He wouldn't have to pay the Browncos so much $ if he'd signed Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward BEFORE they became FAs!

Oh, well, he'll never change and the DL will seemingly always be a problem with the Broncos every year!
    In my opinion, both the offense and defense should start with the lines. You make those your strengths and then look to fortify the other areas.

And I'm fine with picking up good free agents on the defensive line, assuming we also invest some higher draft picks now and then. JR says a 1st round pick every 3rd year, but my philosophy would be at least a 2nd rounder every other year. And I think that's feasible considering we don't really need to spend high draft picks on our offensive line.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure any of us with this philosophy are ever going to be happy about this since Shanny & Co. just don't seem to agree. And they're not asking our opinions.

But before the next draft I'm sure I'll be hoping just as much as ever...

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by JRWIZ
    I see we agree in this area also.

I have very small expectations in this area.
    I hope that Mikey will some day get off the cheap in this area Although cheap is really not the term I'd use for our DL. Way to many FA's and do nothing first rounder browncos.

We need to take a DL guy in the first round at least every third year. Every other year for a couple would get us back to where the good teams are today.
    The problem is that unless you DRAFT DL you can't get them for cheap -- or what Clinton Portis used to call "getting me for the low-low" in reference to his rookie contract.

The problem is that you need to sign FAs if you don't have good young players being developed every year. And FAs cost a lot.

Shanahan always tries to develop undrafted FAs. He's even had some success at it with other positions, but NEVER with DL. He's picked up some FAs who were cut by other teams (Bert Berry was the best) but even when they pan out he's not willing to pay them enough to keep them.

He wouldn't have to pay the Browncos so much $ if he'd signed Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward BEFORE they became FAs!

Oh, well, he'll never change and the DL will seemingly always be a problem with the Broncos every year!

Leave a comment:

• JRWIZ
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    <Snobby English Accent on>

Yes, quite average...now time for some tea. Tee hee..

Glad we finnally agree.

Leave a comment:

• JRWIZ
    replied
    Of course, "average" can be defined through stats.

I was saying only that we had not done it, that I know of.

You want to do it? I did it for QBs. I don't want to do the RBs.

-----
    Naw I think I've proved my point.

Until tater and ashley crack the staring lineup this coming year they'd have to be rated even below average on a good team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X