Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Good Pass Rushing DE!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Come on now...

    How does an "average" back rack up nearly 1,000 yards and 8 td's in a TWO BACK SYSTEM?

    He is what he is though, I agree. Until he can prove he can carry the ball 20 times a game, he'll only be the league's best home-run threat.

    Numbers are average

    971 yards #20 on the list

    http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...10&_4:col_2=12

    8 tds BTW 3 of which were in one game (@ the SAN meltdown) two against PHL and WAS, 1 against NE.

    High of 29 low of 4 in this group of 30.

    http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...12&_4:col_2=10

    Receptions 23 not even on the first page high of 70 low of 29.

    http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...13&_4:col_2=11


    And of course blitz blocking is not listed on that he flunks.

    Oh BTW if he can't even beat out MA a journeyman RB for the top spot, well that in its self is the final straw.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by topscribe
      JR was not talking about Tater's running ability. And I agree with JR regarding what he was talking about: blocking and pass-catching. I'm not going the "average" route because we have not defined "average" as it applies to Tater's position. But he does need to become better where he is weak.

      That point being, is Tater a good running back, or just a good runner? There is a difference. And we need a good running back.

      -----
      Why not TOP average can be defined in the stats area.

      But he is a decent runner for the few times he can, till his YPC drops off after the 12th run of the game they are stats out in the forum showing this.

      But his blocking and receiving just don't cut it.

      Until he major improvements in in blocking, pass catching and more than 12 carries a game. Maybe not even average.

      Everyone is blinded by speed!

      ashley is fast, tater is fast, some of the fastest in the league. BUT they suck because they do not produce all the time, they are not starters they are role players.

      Speed does no one good, if they do not use it. Hopefully they will grow up and decide that they have to work for their roster spots just like Rod does everyday.

      I'd love to have a Ferrari to drive but if I can't open it up on the highway why bother?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by HolyDiver
        I'm glad someone else looks at it like that....................Bell is a good runner but he isn't really the type of Runningback we want if you ask me. But, I'm hoping he really comes through this season. 5:00.................time to clock out..............later

        I'd love to have him gain 1500 yards and be an everydown back, someone who can do it all and is fast to boot.

        Do you see him doing this?

        Comment


        • #64
          kenard Lang

          I think this guy will have success again playing with his 02 d-line . He posted his best numbers with this same line up and he Brown and Ekuban will beneifit from Elvis being in the building. SUPER BOWL!!!!
          [

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by dogfish
            BFI, i don't think anyone is saying that our defense as a whole is gonna suck, or anything close to it. . . . but the pass rush was definitely the achilles heel of an otherwise very good unit last year, and a lot of us think that we didn't do near enough to address it. . . . .
            yea, I saw all those threads.
            The pass rush was a weakness...but it glared during the AFCG....and I think a lot of people focus on that game only and saying what needs to be improved. As the last game played, that makes sense....but I also remember a lot of people saying we were the #1 team in pressures, which seemed to work pretty darn well through the playoffs.
            And yes, while a weakness, I think it was addressed through FA and the draft. We were out-coached and out-played in that game. I think a tweak in game planning and a kick ass camp will go a long ways to improving our pass rush.
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

            "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by JRWIZ
              Why not TOP average can be defined in the stats area.

              But he is a decent runner for the few times he can, till his YPC drops off after the 12th run of the game they are stats out in the forum showing this.

              But his blocking and receiving just don't cut it.

              Until he major improvements in in blocking, pass catching and more than 12 carries a game. Maybe not even average.

              Everyone is blinded by speed!

              ashley is fast, tater is fast, some of the fastest in the league. BUT they suck because they do not produce all the time, they are not starters they are role players.

              Speed does no one good, if they do not use it. Hopefully they will grow up and decide that they have to work for their roster spots just like Rod does everyday.

              I'd love to have a Ferrari to drive but if I can't open it up on the highway why bother?
              ok-- so i'm still waiting to have someone explain to me what exactly is wrong with having extremely productive role players on your team. . . . . not everyone is a superstar. . . .

              i agree that it would be nice to see tater improve his catching and blocking, but let's not get carried away-- running the ball is still a pretty important thing for a running back to do, too. . . . .


              you keep saying that tater doesn't want to work for his role, and that's fine if you want to believe that-- it may even be true, but we don't know that for sure. . . i've never heard anyone from the team breathe a word about being unhappy with tater's work ethic. . . . maybe i've missed it, but i'd love to see some documentation. . . . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

              rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by JRWIZ
                Numbers are average

                971 yards #20 on the list

                http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...10&_4:col_2=12

                8 tds BTW 3 of which were in one game (@ the SAN meltdown) two against PHL and WAS, 1 against NE.

                High of 29 low of 4 in this group of 30.

                http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...12&_4:col_2=10

                Receptions 23 not even on the first page high of 70 low of 29.

                http://tdgr.football.sportsline.com/...13&_4:col_2=11


                And of course blitz blocking is not listed on that he flunks.

                Oh BTW if he can't even beat out MA a journeyman RB for the top spot, well that in its self is the final straw.
                <Snobby English Accent on>

                Yes, quite average...now time for some tea. Tee hee..

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by dogfish
                  ok-- so i'm still waiting to have someone explain to me what exactly is wrong with having extremely productive role players on your team. . . . . not everyone is a superstar. . . .

                  i agree that it would be nice to see tater improve his catching and blocking, but let's not get carried away-- running the ball is still a pretty important thing for a running back to do, too. . . . .


                  you keep saying that tater doesn't want to work for his role, and that's fine if you want to believe that-- it may even be true, but we don't know that for sure. . . i've never heard anyone from the team breathe a word about being unhappy with tater's work ethic. . . . maybe i've missed it, but i'd love to see some documentation. . . . .
                  If only my brain had half the power of yours dogfish...

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by dogfish
                    ok-- so i'm still waiting to have someone explain to me what exactly is wrong with having extremely productive role players on your team. . . . . not everyone is a superstar. . . .

                    i agree that it would be nice to see tater improve his catching and blocking, but let's not get carried away-- running the ball is still a pretty important thing for a running back to do, too. . . . .


                    you keep saying that tater doesn't want to work for his role, and that's fine if you want to believe that-- it may even be true, but we don't know that for sure. . . i've never heard anyone from the team breathe a word about being unhappy with tater's work ethic. . . . maybe i've missed it, but i'd love to see some documentation. . . . .

                    Exactly their is no foundation for saying that Bell doesn't want to work its just JR's conception since we drafted him.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I voted for no one, we'll have to wait and see if any of the players listed will be worth thier pay. I hope someone steps up, it would be nice to see quality pass rusher again. There's nothing like seeing the opposing teams QB digging grass from his helmet! LOL

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by JRWIZ
                        Why not TOP average can be defined in the stats area.

                        But he is a decent runner for the few times he can, till his YPC drops off after the 12th run of the game they are stats out in the forum showing this.

                        But his blocking and receiving just don't cut it.

                        Until he major improvements in in blocking, pass catching and more than 12 carries a game. Maybe not even average.

                        Everyone is blinded by speed!

                        ashley is fast, tater is fast, some of the fastest in the league. BUT they suck because they do not produce all the time, they are not starters they are role players.

                        Speed does no one good, if they do not use it. Hopefully they will grow up and decide that they have to work for their roster spots just like Rod does everyday.

                        I'd love to have a Ferrari to drive but if I can't open it up on the highway why bother?
                        Of course, "average" can be defined through stats.

                        I was saying only that we had not done it, that I know of.

                        You want to do it? I did it for QBs. I don't want to do the RBs.

                        -----

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by dogfish
                          ok-- so i'm still waiting to have someone explain to me what exactly is wrong with having extremely productive role players on your team. . . . . not everyone is a superstar. . . .

                          i agree that it would be nice to see tater improve his catching and blocking, but let's not get carried away-- running the ball is still a pretty important thing for a running back to do, too. . . . .


                          you keep saying that tater doesn't want to work for his role, and that's fine if you want to believe that-- it may even be true, but we don't know that for sure. . . i've never heard anyone from the team breathe a word about being unhappy with tater's work ethic. . . . maybe i've missed it, but i'd love to see some documentation. . . . .

                          I have no problems with a role player, just don't want to hear the slobbering a gushing that goes on here about how great some of these role players are.

                          He is not a super star as some folks would have be known. Nor is ashley.


                          Until they step up and play to their potential or even close to it as a complete player they are not starters just average players on a good team.

                          Listen to Mikey's press conferences about some of these players and or positions.

                          If tater was as good as lots of folks want him to be he'd be the hands down starter.
                          We all know that in 2004 he was beat out by a 4th round Draft choice and then a journeyman RB.

                          Last year MA a 32+year old journeyman RB took his spot. On desire alone.

                          If he becomes a super star great cause we need it. But I'm not holding my breath, nor should you.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by topscribe
                            Of course, "average" can be defined through stats.

                            I was saying only that we had not done it, that I know of.

                            You want to do it? I did it for QBs. I don't want to do the RBs.

                            -----
                            Naw I think I've proved my point.

                            Until tater and ashley crack the staring lineup this coming year they'd have to be rated even below average on a good team.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by WABronco
                              <Snobby English Accent on>

                              Yes, quite average...now time for some tea. Tee hee..

                              Glad we finnally agree.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by JRWIZ
                                I see we agree in this area also.

                                I have very small expectations in this area.
                                I hope that Mikey will some day get off the cheap in this area Although cheap is really not the term I'd use for our DL. Way to many FA's and do nothing first rounder browncos.

                                We need to take a DL guy in the first round at least every third year. Every other year for a couple would get us back to where the good teams are today.
                                The problem is that unless you DRAFT DL you can't get them for cheap -- or what Clinton Portis used to call "getting me for the low-low" in reference to his rookie contract.

                                The problem is that you need to sign FAs if you don't have good young players being developed every year. And FAs cost a lot.

                                Shanahan always tries to develop undrafted FAs. He's even had some success at it with other positions, but NEVER with DL. He's picked up some FAs who were cut by other teams (Bert Berry was the best) but even when they pan out he's not willing to pay them enough to keep them.

                                He wouldn't have to pay the Browncos so much $ if he'd signed Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward BEFORE they became FAs!

                                Oh, well, he'll never change and the DL will seemingly always be a problem with the Broncos every year!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X