No announcement yet.

Next Good Pass Rushing DE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok new question. All six DEs in the poll make the roster, are all of them activated for every game or does Shanahan deactivate one or two of most games? If so which one(s) seem to be the most likely.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by dogfish
      ohnokoolaid said that gordon could possibly be a decent player for us, and i trust his judgement. . . . i really don't know anything about him myself though. . . .
      I made a super-deluxe post about him when we signed him...I'll see if I can find it.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...1&postcount=13

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
        Ok new question. All six DEs in the poll make the roster, are all of them activated for every game or does Shanahan deactivate one or two of most games? If so which one(s) seem to be the most likely.
        Yea, I'd bet that either Jackson or Dumervil get that honor...early in the season anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
          Ok new question. All six DEs in the poll make the roster, are all of them activated for every game or does Shanahan deactivate one or two of most games? If so which one(s) seem to be the most likely.

not sure, but if i remember correctly, engelberger was inactive for most of our games last year after brown came back. . . . obviously we'll have a better idea what the depth chart is gonna look like after camp, but if i had to guess right now i'd bet that either jackson or dumerville would be the inactive unless they can both beat out engelberger, which i would call a lon shot, at least initially. . . .

something i just thought of in regards to the initial question-- i think we almost have to keep 5 if not six DEs on the 53 man roster because of courtney brown's injury history. . . . i hate to say it (types with fingers crossed) but he hasn't played a full 16 game season since his rookie year . . . . .

*knocks on wood*
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WABronco
            Yea, I'd bet that either Jackson or Dumervil get that honor...early in the season anyways.

wow, lots of agreeing in this thread!

i almost feel like i should start bashing someone so things will feel like normal around here . . . . . .
            Last edited by dogfish; 05-16-2006, 05:08 PM.
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

i almost feel like i should start bashing someone so things fill feel like normal around here . . . . . .
              Lol, I don't know about you guys, but I've had my fill of bashing...enough to last me 'til August at least.

Comment

not sure, but if i remember correctly, engelberger was inactive for most of our games last year after brown came back. . . . obviously we'll have a better idea what the depth chart is gonna look like after camp, but if i had to guess right now i'd bet that either jackson or dumerville would be the inactive unless they can both beat out engelberger, which i would call a lon shot, at least initially. . . .

something i just thought of in regards to the initial question-- i think we almost have to keep 5 if not six DEs on the 53 man roster because of courtney brown's injury history. . . . i hate to say it (types with fingers crossed) but he hasn't played a full 16 game season since his rookie year . . . . .

*knocks on wood*
                I just went back and checked Engelberger's bio and he was active for 14 out the 16 games. The only games he was deactivated for were Jets and the Cowboys games.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i almost feel like i should start bashing someone so things fill feel like normal around here . . . . . .
                  Kumbayah my Lord, Kumbayah...

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• This is all wrong, Ekuban and Brown are gonna start at end, Lang and 1 other end (Maybe Jackson) will man the backup slots, Dumerville will probably be the one that makes the team, but is inactive a lot.

No way we keep 6 DE's and 4 DT's on the roster.

5 De's and 3 DT's is more like it
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava
                      This is all wrong, Ekuban and Brown are gonna start at end, Lang and 1 other end (Maybe Jackson) will man the backup slots, Dumerville will probably be the one that makes the team, but is inactive a lot.

well, i think we always have 4 DTs on the roster, with one usually being inactive. the 6 DEs does seem a little heavy, but if everyone impresses, shanny might do it. especially if one of them can play some DT as well.

but we have other players that can give depth to multiple positions (eg sapp fb/rb; cox corner/safety), so that might allow us the luxury of carrying 10 lineman. id be surprised to see it, but not flabbergasted.
                      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

• Originally posted by bcbronc
                        well, i think we always have 4 DTs on the roster, with one usually being inactive. the 6 DEs does seem a little heavy, but if everyone impresses, shanny might do it. especially if one of them can play some DT as well.

but we have other players that can give depth to multiple positions (eg sapp fb/rb; cox corner/safety), so that might allow us the luxury of carrying 10 lineman. id be surprised to see it, but not flabbergasted.
                        there is no end we have that can play DT, the only player that might be able to switch positions is Veal, but players who switch are usually ineffective ala pryce
                        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

there is no end we have that can play DT, the only player that might be able to switch positions is Veal, but players who switch are usually ineffective ala pryce

i do agree. there was talk about shanny saying he might use dumervil on the inside, but i'll wait to actually see it on the field first. veal is a possibility, but we dont exactly have a lot of depth at the DT position to begin with. im more thinking that if we had a DE that could play inside, we could keep 6 ends and 3 tackles and still have a little depth on the inside.
                          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

• Originally posted by bcbronc
                            i do agree. there was talk about shanny saying he might use dumervil on the inside, but i'll wait to actually see it on the field first. veal is a possibility, but we dont exactly have a lot of depth at the DT position to begin with. im more thinking that if we had a DE that could play inside, we could keep 6 ends and 3 tackles and still have a little depth on the inside.
                            At this very moment, Veal is our second our third tackle (dependant on camp play). He is locked in as a DT...

Comment

I'd like 5 DE's and 4 DT's.

I've seen what a good DT rotation can do up here in Seattle. 4 guys who are ALWAYS fresh usually are more effective.

I'm not sure about cutting one of the DE's, since many of them just got new deals or had existing ones re-worked. And, according to some, they were given roster spot assurances during that process...

Comment

This is all wrong, Ekuban and Brown are gonna start at end, Lang and 1 other end (Maybe Jackson) will man the backup slots, Dumerville will probably be the one that makes the team, but is inactive a lot.

Opinions vary as do other things, obviously!

Comment

Working...
                                X