Plummer forced to prove himself again in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I don't recall seeing Cutler rise that but I believe I he could have gone around the 9th spot on. I wonder if Williams and Bush flip flopping was one of the reason were able to get him?
    I would doubt it. I'm pretty sure if Bush had gone #1 then Williams would have gone #2 and the rest of the round would pretty much have gone the same way.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Originally posted by Javalon
      Actually, I still like D.J. Williams. Although I feel he's being wasted a bit on the strongside.

Wilfork had big questions (so to speak) about his weight problems. I didn't mind passing him up at the time, although he looks good in hindsight. I was actually leaning toward Smith or Udezi.

Although the guy I really wanted, despite our continual success with lower drafted running backs, was Steven Jackson. I think he's being wasted in St. Louis and would have been a perfect fit for our offense.

But that's all old news. I'm still disappoined about our neglect of the defensive line, once again, in this most recent draft. It's nothing against Cutler, I'm hopeful he'll become a great QB for us for a long time. But I felt the defensive line could have been well served this year and wasn't.
      I still like DJ. I dont care for Stephen Jackson. I live in St. Louis and see him play SOFT quite a bit. The rams arent doing a good job of using him either.

If I had it my way this off season. We would have signed Harrington to back up Plummer. Drafted Maroney in the first and then draft Chad Jackson in the second.

Ben Watson is another player I really wished we would have draftd.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
        Originally posted by bleedbluorange
        I still like DJ. I dont care for Stephen Jackson. I live in St. Louis and see him play SOFT quite a bit. The rams arent doing a good job of using him either.
        Yeah I guess the Rams were thinking they could use Jackson in the same manner that they have used Faulk. But they don't seem to be the same stylistically speaking.

If I had it my way this off season. We would have signed Harrington to back up Plummer. Drafted Maroney in the first and then draft Chad Jackson in the second.
        Harrington didn't want to be a back up he wants a chance start immediately that's why we couldn't sign him.

Ben Watson is another player I really wished we would have draftd.
        I like Watson too but hopefully Sheffler can be molded into a solid TE for us.
        Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-23-2006, 12:39 PM.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• [QUOTE=TXBRONC]

Yeah I guess the Rams were thinking they could use Jackson in the same manner that they have used Faulk. But don't seem to be the same stylistically speaking.

Harrington didn't want to be a back up he wants a chance start immediately that's why we couldn't sign him.

I like Watson too but hopefully Sheffler can be molded into a solid TE for us.
          Yep, yep and yep.

Harrington is a chump and will flame in Miami (I hope).

I have been into the draft over the last couple of years more than ever. It has alot to do with this board. Anyway, I am starting to see players all over the league I wish we would have drafted.

Comment

I would doubt it. I'm pretty sure if Bush had gone #1 then Williams would have gone #2 and the rest of the round would pretty much have gone the same way.
            I guess so. Anyway I'm comfortable with how are draft went overall.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

That's true of any position. But higher rated DTs are generally rated higher for a reason; and that means they'll have a better shot at panning out. In the Shanahan era, how many DTs have the Broncos successfully drafted late in the draft? Not many. But who was our only Pro Bowler at the position? Trevor Pryce, 1st round pick.

You can't compare the athleticism of those players because they are different positions and have different requirements for their type of athleticism.

Errr... what? I think there was nothing even resembling a consensus on Cutler being top 5 caliber. In fact, I'm not sure I can remember anybody seriously projecting him that high.

I'm not sure you fully appreciate the power of the dark side... I mean defensive tackle. DT is not a glamour position but that doesn't mean it isn't extremely important.

DTs don't often rack up the huge stats. But when they do their jobs right, they make the rest of the defense's jobs easier, and you shouldn't understimate how important that is. When you look at great defenses, they usually have really good DTs toiling away in relative anonymity.

Once Plummer has clearly lost the starting job, there is no way he'll be sticking around. He simply makes too much money to keep as a backup.

Just a point Mikey has never drafted a DT in the first round. reagor in the second in 1999. an 1 in the 3rd davis (who) 1 in the 4th and 1 in the 7th in 11 years.

When we drafted reagor we had to many DT and he left without really playing for 4 years. Then they all got old fast and we had squat.
              http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/DEN

The reason so few DT are drafted are they are at such a premium only 24 have been draft in the first round since 1995. None by us although 2 top choice have been broncs. Warren and gardner.
              http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/DT
              GREAT DT's are worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Working...
              X