Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you make the trade ED Reed for LELIE??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pipes
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    I write whats on my mind..Non-sense maybe..But what is the point of having a general discussion about a topic I create? We are free the writing is free. i think the comment Lelie has no trade Value is wack. He produced last year but made some bad professional decessions this off-season. He took the ***** route instead of competing for his position like rod has said he does every year regardless. But mistakes aside on the field he is a threat, issues with the intermediate routes some drops, but some very great plays. If he had kept his mouth shut in a other year he would of had the position anyway next year and it wasnt like he wasnt Jakes first read anyway last year on mos plays... but not enough to keep him happy I guess. Last years of contracts are very un predictable and just about anything could happen but yea this post and thought is almost 75% never gonna happen the other 25% could be just unpredictable. Lelie and Reed are in last years of thier contracts with a maybe a seconnd rounder next year it makes the Ravens give lelie a shot..who are the ravens wide-outs anyway??

    Just seems like there are a handful of guys on here that take themselves WAY too serious. Most of us realize that it is frieking May...what in the hell are we supposed to talk about.

    So what if this guy is daydreaming out loud...it is his right. Why the namecalling?

    I don't see any harm in this post, just somebody who is prolly wanting to discuss something other than Denver's lack of a pass rush or Javon Walker's knee.

    Lighten up folks...its just football...and its May!

    Leave a comment:


  • dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    what does thaat mean??

    well, if you're responding to my post, which i assume you are-- it means that derrick mason and mark clayton are the ravens' top receivers. . . . . i thought it was fairly self-explanatory. . . . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • DENVER_LOYAL
    replied
    what??

    what does thaat mean??

    Leave a comment:


  • dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    I write whats on my mind..Non-sense maybe..But what is the point of having a general discussion about a topic I create? We are free the writing is free. i think the comment Lelie has no trade Value is wack. He produced last year but made some bad professional decessions this off-season. He took the ***** route instead of competing for his position like rod has said he does every year regardless. But mistakes aside on the field he is a threat, issues with the intermediate routes some drops, but some very great plays. If he had kept his mouth shut in a other year he would of had the position anyway next year and it wasnt like he wasnt Jakes first read anyway last year on mos plays... but not enough to keep him happy I guess. Last years of contracts are very un predictable and just about anything could happen but yea this post and thought is almost 75% never gonna happen the other 25% could be just unpredictable. Lelie and Reed are in last years of thier contracts with a maybe a seconnd rounder next year it makes the Ravens give lelie a shot..who are the ravens wide-outs anyway??

    derrick mason and mark clayton. . . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • DENVER_LOYAL
    replied
    Most of the time

    I write whats on my mind..Non-sense maybe..But what is the point of having a general discussion about a topic I create? We are free the writing is free. i think the comment Lelie has no trade Value is wack. He produced last year but made some bad professional decessions this off-season. He took the ***** route instead of competing for his position like rod has said he does every year regardless. But mistakes aside on the field he is a threat, issues with the intermediate routes some drops, but some very great plays. If he had kept his mouth shut in a other year he would of had the position anyway next year and it wasnt like he wasnt Jakes first read anyway last year on mos plays... but not enough to keep him happy I guess. Last years of contracts are very un predictable and just about anything could happen but yea this post and thought is almost 75% never gonna happen the other 25% could be just unpredictable. Lelie and Reed are in last years of thier contracts with a maybe a seconnd rounder next year it makes the Ravens give lelie a shot..who are the ravens wide-outs anyway??

    Leave a comment:


  • dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenaline
    No, I would keep Lelie for his last year under contract and slot him in at DT.

    ......yupp, two can play the crazy story game

    nah, we should play him at DE-- he's fast, he should be a killer pass rusher right?


    either that or convert him to TE. . . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrenaline
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    Would you make the trade ED Reed for LELIE??
    No, I would keep Lelie for his last year under contract and slot him in at DT.

    ......yupp, two can play the crazy story game

    Leave a comment:


  • TDforTatum26
    replied
    We wouldnt even have to be talking about this "never-gonna happen" trade if we didnt pass Reed in the draft to take Lelie in the first place

    Leave a comment:


  • topscribe
    replied
    Is it the lawyer in you, Cug?

    Originally posted by Cugel
    Why is it always the same story on these boards?

    Some fool proposes a ridiculous trade that would never in a 1000 years happen. Then everybody jumps up and down and posts: "Hell, yes, that would be great!"

    Then somebody else says "NO! I don't like it."

    And then there's 4 or 5 pages of posts arguing back and forth about how good the players are and whether it's a good trade or not.

    The whole thing is NONSENSE FROM THE BEGINNING!

    Lelie right now has ZERO trade value. None whatever. Zip. Nada.

    Couldn't trade him for a used tooth-brush, let alone Ed Reed, former defensive MVP of the entire league.


    They tried and couldn't trade him. Now, Lelie is holding out and will be a FA at the end of the year. His trade value declined to nothing. Who wants a whinny problem underachiever at WR? Rather who wants to pay anything for him now when they can sign him later to a FA contract after the Broncos are forced to cut him or let him walk in 2007?

    The Ravens aren't going to trade Reed for him.

    So all this stuff is utterly pointless.
    If you will go back and read with a little sense of humor, most of the posts treated the topic as nonsense.

    The recognition of sarcasm should be fundamental to someone such as you.

    -----

    Leave a comment:


  • smittyjs
    replied
    hell yeah Ed Reed is one of the TOP 3 Defenses players in the NFL right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cugel
    replied
    Why is it always the same story on these boards?

    Some fool proposes a ridiculous trade that would never in a 1000 years happen. Then everybody jumps up and down and posts: "Hell, yes, that would be great!"

    Then somebody else says "NO! I don't like it."

    And then there's 4 or 5 pages of posts arguing back and forth about how good the players are and whether it's a good trade or not.

    The whole thing is NONSENSE FROM THE BEGINNING!

    Lelie right now has ZERO trade value. None whatever. Zip. Nada.

    Couldn't trade him for a used tooth-brush, let alone Ed Reed, former defensive MVP of the entire league.


    They tried and couldn't trade him. Now, Lelie is holding out and will be a FA at the end of the year. His trade value declined to nothing. Who wants a whinny problem underachiever at WR? Rather who wants to pay anything for him now when they can sign him later to a FA contract after the Broncos are forced to cut him or let him walk in 2007?

    The Ravens aren't going to trade Reed for him.

    So all this stuff is utterly pointless. Whatever Ed Reed is worth right now, he's worth more than Lelie who is worth NOTHING.

    Leave a comment:


  • Superchop7
    replied
    Uh...............yeah.

    Leave a comment:


  • topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    True. That might be a good deal for the Broncos. I hope they broach it with the Ravens.
    Well, I hear things have been so dour around Baltimore's camp lately . . .

    They really need a good laugh to cheer them up.

































    I love doing good deeds, don't you?

    -----

    Leave a comment:


  • WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl

    I disagree with you regarding Nick Ferguson, however.

    I think that his play is way underrated. The difference in our pass defense between when we replaced Kennedy with him shouldn't be understated. Sure, part of our statistics could be accounted for from our rookie corners, but Nick Ferguson played fantastic last year. He pulled in five picks and was part of one of the better secondaries in the league. Safety is not a weak spot at this point. In a year or two, yes, we'll have to address it, but Nick has shown that he can play at a high level.
    Yea, Nick gets bashed a lot for his 6" vert, but he supports the run well, has toughness, and has plus intangibles...which is what our scheme calls for IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Now, maybe if they offered Reed and a first-round draft choice for Lelie . . .

    -----
    True. That might be a good deal for the Broncos. I hope they broach it with the Ravens.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X