Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you make the trade ED Reed for LELIE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topscribe
    replied
    You're right . . .

Originally posted by Javalon
    Hell, no!

That Reed guy is like overrated or something. He sucks and stuff. Lelie is a much better receiver than Reed is a safety and stuff or something.

Now, maybe if they offered Reed and a first-round draft choice for Lelie . . .

-----

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    They are both in the last year of their contracts...I would jump all over this deal if it was true I still think saftey is a weak spot unless Browner or one of others step up and take Nick's spot. this year I believe for the Broncos to make and Win to the Super Bowl someone will have to be more talented than a over-achieving Nick Ferguson.

Sure, I'd trade a solid second reciever for a probowl safety. It would be a steal.

I disagree with you regarding Nick Ferguson, however.

I think that his play is way underrated. The difference in our pass defense between when we replaced Kennedy with him shouldn't be understated. Sure, part of our statistics could be accounted for from our rookie corners, but Nick Ferguson played fantastic last year. He pulled in five picks and was part of one of the better secondaries in the league. Safety is not a weak spot at this point. In a year or two, yes, we'll have to address it, but Nick has shown that he can play at a high level.

Also, I really like our depth at safety. It isn't an imminent need, but if we could snag a player like that in exchange for Lelie, I'd be stoked. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.

The thing is that Ed Reed is the soul of that Ravens defense. They will franchise him if they can't sign him, but they can't afford to lose him. And it wouldn't make sense to dump him off in exchange for a solid, but not elite reciever.

Leave a comment:

• P-NUT33
    replied
    Hell yeah man look the man stats!!
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302218
    He is fast too, If i can remember right he got the longest int return for a td i think 109.

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    erm........lets think about this

long and hard.................................

this is a hard one

um...........................duh? of course i would make a move for Reed, Lelie is a whiney baby and we could use help in the Safety Position

Leave a comment:

• Tatum26Bell
    replied
    An all pro in a position we need...or a greedy grumpy holdout in a position we now have some depth in?

Hmmm...

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Hmmmm...interesting. I'd like to see Chan deliver a roundhouse kick to the face of...say...Peyton Manning. That'd be cool...
    That would teach him to be so smug!

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by Prodigal19
    And why would the Ravens trade one of the best safeties in the league for an average receiver?
    Ever see his picture in Madden? He looks plastic! Hes a machine! Literally! They must be wanting to dump him off before the NFL catches on!

We would probably have to package some picks with Lelie for Reed.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    We need Jackie Chan...
    Hmmmm...interesting. I'd like to see Chan deliver a roundhouse kick to the face of...say...Peyton Manning. That'd be cool...

Leave a comment:

• Prodigal19
    replied
    And why would the Ravens trade one of the best safeties in the league for an average receiver?

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Unless Reed can do reverse cartwheels through blockers, I'm not buyin'...
    We need Jackie Chan...

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    Hell, no!

That Reed guy is like overrated or something. He sucks and stuff. Lelie is a much better receiver than Reed is a safety and stuff or something.

Unless Reed can do reverse cartwheels through blockers, I'm not buyin'...

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Hell, no!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    The Ravens...
    heh.. Touche'

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    They are both in the last year of their contracts...I would jump all over this deal if it was true I still think saftey is a weak spot unless Browner or one of others step up and take Nick's spot. this year I believe for the Broncos to make and Win to the Super Bowl someone will have to be more talented than a over-achieving Nick Ferguson.

Ummm, hell yeah.

One is the best at his position and the other has a girls name.

That's kind of a silly question.

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Who in the NFL, MLB, and NBA wouldn't make that trade?????

The Ravens...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X