Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should Denver do with Lelie?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Should Denver do with Lelie?

    lelie clearly wants out, and probably wont play in denver uniform unless hes the #1 receiver, which wont happen. so, what can we do with him? we could trade him, but for what? another receiver, draft picks? i say for a 4th or 3rd rounder if we can get it. what do you guys think?

  • #2
    Originally posted by broncos74310
    lelie clearly wants out, and probably wont play in denver uniform unless hes the #1 receiver, which wont happen. so, what can we do with him? we could trade him, but for what? another receiver, draft picks? i say for a 4th or 3rd rounder if we can get it. what do you guys think?
    That is easy, we can either restructure his contract with an extension and Denver can tell him they want him in the organization. (Which is what I would like to see).

    They could restructure his contract for less and then cut him, loose out and be without a speed receiver.

    And they could offer him up as trade material, like Denver's 3rd round pick next season and Lelie for a player or for a higher pick.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
      They way it looks right now there are 2 options:
      1. Lelie come back to camp and join our WRs core.
      2. Denver will try to trade him for the highest bidder (probably a 5th round or so) or just cut him June 1st.
      i hope they dont trade them for something like a 5th... thats terrible... dont realease him either... keep him and keep fining his ass everytime he misses something.. force him to show up
      Canadian broncos fan for life

      Comment


      • #4
        Hell trade his ass. He is whining about not being a starter with Walker coming in, HE HASN'T DO ANYTHING TO BE CONSIDERED A STARTER!! If he wants out, let him out. Heck, even open the door for him.


        i hope they dont trade them for something like a 5th... thats terrible...
        Why? That is generous for Lelie. He hasn't done anything to even be worth a higher round pick.








        Comment


        • #5
          I think they should trade lelie to the saints for stallworth. Stallworth is fast and if healthy can be a major threat. Try stopping Smith, Walker, and Stallworth.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think we should try to get some trades going like in madden. We could get a full new team all young and way better. Or if that doesn't work we could just cut everyone and let Lelie play by himself since he seems to think he is the man.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jhns
              I think we should try to get some trades going like in madden. We could get a full new team all young and way better. Or if that doesn't work we could just cut everyone and let Lelie play by himself since he seems to think he is the man.
              That's it, manage the team like you do in Madden!


              Love the humor!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                They way it looks right now there are 2 options:
                1. Lelie come back to camp and join our WRs core.
                2. Denver will try to trade him for the highest bidder (probably a 5th round or so) or just cut him June 1st.
                I think Lelie is worth a little more than a 5th.
                Trade him to a team that needs a WR or is rebuilding and do it before the season starts so he has more value.
                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever


                "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

                Comment


                • #9
                  Waterboy?????

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                    I think Lelie is worth a little more than a 5th.
                    Trade him to a team that needs a WR or is rebuilding and do it before the season starts so he has more value.
                    What has he done to be worth anything more than that?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by West
                      Hell trade his ass. He is whining about not being a starter with Walker coming in, HE HASN'T DO ANYTHING TO BE CONSIDERED A STARTER!! If he wants out, let him out. Heck, even open the door for him.
                      Why? That is generous for Lelie. He hasn't done anything to even be worth a higher round pick.
                      Weren't you the one bad-mouthing Walker right after the draft?



                      And I thought you were leaving......







                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

                      -- Samuel Adams

                      sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rcsodak
                        Weren't you the one bad-mouthing Walker right after the draft?



                        And I thought you were leaving......







                        I was bad-mouthing Walker, that is correct. But I do not see the reason for the statement, I do not like either WR but you know, I have to deal with it.




                        Next week



                        :wave:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Give him a teeshirt & button that say "I'm the #1 receiver!", pat him on the head & smile.

                          Then slot him as #3 and get on with life.

                          T777
                          "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Keep him for this year.

                            Is Lelie holds out, his next contract will be marginal at best.

                            I say we keep hi8m in his contract year where he will have no choice bu to play hard and make a run for the SuperBowl for one year rather then trading him for a 4th, or 5th rounder who likely won't even make the team anyways.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JlgIII
                              I think they should trade lelie to the saints for stallworth. Stallworth is fast and if healthy can be a major threat. Try stopping Smith, Walker, and Stallworth.

                              First off, Welcome!

                              Second, Stallworth had a pretty good year. We would have to give Lelie plus a pick probably. Then there is also the fact that since Donte is better than Lelie, would he mind being a third wide-out?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X