Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should Denver do with Lelie?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Superchop7
    I would do four things, (providing his attitude doesn't change)

    1) Make him face the mess he created.

    2) De-activate him for every game.

    3) Wait until mid-season to trade him to a team that has an injured wide receiver and is willing to pay what we want.

    4) Let him run slants in practice.
    you forgot one...

    5) Ashley can run laps, until he sees the err of his ways. RUN ASHLEY RUN!


    [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

    Comment


    • #32
      why don't we trade him for a couple of pilons and a football or two... they would be of more use to the team than he is

      Comment


      • #33
        I have been a proponet of trading Lelie because I would like to see him go to another team and show us he is a #1 receiver.

        I also though know that Shanahan is going to want to get something out of a #1 draft pick that has been an average receiver for us, but does have some speed, even though he is inconsistent as a player.

        So why not make him come to training camp and if he is going to sit out the season then yes make an example of him and as one poster said trade him to a team that needs a wide receiver because of injury and get a decent draft choice for him.

        From what it sounds like Mike has pretty much written off Lelie anyway.
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

        Comment


        • #34
          I think the broncos should do their best on trying to keep lelie, rod is aging and when he retires we will need walker and lelie (lelie being #1 receiver) I think if we let him go it will be a mistake in the future.

          Comment


          • #35
            Denver should restructure his deal. He is our fastest man as a wide receiver and is able to make the long and hard catches like all of last years when he made some unbelievable catches switching side to side or keeping his feet in bounds just perfectly and keeping possesion. I dont see Lelie being the starter after rod retires but the number 2 guy and javon being number one. Lelie has time to develope and learn a lot more technique and possibly be one of the best in the NFL. I say Denver gives him a great deal and try to keep him happy and as long as they can keep him there Denver will be better off.

            Comment


            • #36
              I say practice team. Who cares what he wants. He signed a contract and should follow through with it until it expires. I am getting real tired of these rich guys whining and crying and throwing their little baby fits. If you going to sit out fine go ahead. It's only money and experience you will be losing. Your value will tank. Sit out Lelie there are plenty of other average recievers out there who can fill the void you leave behind. Be a man of your word and abide by the contract you signed.
              Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by 16milehigh87
                I say practice team. Who cares what he wants. He signed a contract and should follow through with it until it expires. I am getting real tired of these rich guys whining and crying and throwing their little baby fits. If you going to sit out fine go ahead. It's only money and experience you will be losing. Your value will tank. Sit out Lelie there are plenty of other average recievers out there who can fill the void you leave behind. Be a man of your word and abide by the contract you signed.
                David Terrell, Darius Watts (who iis WONDERFUL at getting open, just can't hang on to the ball,) or the new "BIGG AND STRONG" Brandon Marshall (will fill the role nicely)

                (PS - I had to put that in there, everytime JakesFacialHair posts that, I have to laugh.)


                [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by broncocountry
                  I think the broncos should do their best on trying to keep lelie, rod is aging and when he retires we will need walker and lelie (lelie being #1 receiver) I think if we let him go it will be a mistake in the future.
                  Lelie #1?

                  To be a #1 wr, you need to be:
                  1. consistent
                  2. team player

                  Lelie is NEITHER of those!

                  Walker is the more a #1 than Lelie will EVER be.....imo.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

                  -- Samuel Adams

                  sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by trevorlovesthed
                    Denver should restructure his deal. He is our fastest man as a wide receiver and is able to make the long and hard catches like all of last years when he made some unbelievable catches switching side to side or keeping his feet in bounds just perfectly and keeping possesion. I dont see Lelie being the starter after rod retires but the number 2 guy and javon being number one. Lelie has time to develope and learn a lot more technique and possibly be one of the best in the NFL. I say Denver gives him a great deal and try to keep him happy and as long as they can keep him there Denver will be better off.
                    Lelie doesnt want money, he wants to be #1 without working for it

                    B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

                    Mock Draft:

                    **If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

                    1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                    2) Devin Thomas
                    4) Frank Okam
                    4) Beau Bell

                    **If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

                    1) Desean Jackson
                    2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                    4) Frank Okam
                    4) Beau Bell

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by broncs2bowl
                      Lelie doesnt want money, he wants to be #1 without working for it
                      Offer him a big extension with a pretty bonus, and we will see if your right!



                      I bet he will be like I have a six year deal, I can keep my house, Smith is gone soon and my partner will be my close friend Walker! - He would stick it out, especially knowing a real gunslinger is in the waiting in Cutler!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by lancane
                        Offer him a big extension with a pretty bonus, and we will see if your right!



                        I bet he will be like I have a six year deal, I can keep my house, Smith is gone soon and my partner will be my close friend Walker! - He would stick it out, especially knowing a real gunslinger is in the waiting in Cutler!

                        With so much upside in staying, it makes you wonder "WTH is he thinking?!?!?!?!"


                        [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by broncs2bowl
                          Lelie doesnt want money, he wants to be #1 without working for it
                          ....and Shanahan wasn't shy to tell the media that it's going to be kinda hard to compete for the #1 when you don't even show up to camp.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            There's a standoff in Denver. Wide receiver Ashley Lelie has gone the route Javon Walker once did in Green Bay, telling those close to him that under no condition will he play in Denver this season. The Broncos, meanwhile, have allowed Lelie's agent, Peter Schaffer, to shop for a trade.


                            Ashley Lelie is hoping for a trade soon, while the market is still warm.
                            There now are at least four interested teams -- Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Philadelphia and San Francisco. But there is no deal because no team is willing to give up what Denver wants -- either a first-day pick or a player of commensurate value.

                            The longer the situation lingers, the more ugly it could become. But interest in Lelie now appears to be picking up after it had died down after the draft, and that is the receiver's best hope for now. The Broncos are prepared to deactivate him for the entire season unless they get what they want in return for him.

                            While Tampa would like to land Lelie, it is coming up with backup plans in the event it can't. On Thursday, the team worked out former first-round pick David Boston, whom Miami had no interest in re-signing. Boston recently had surgery on each of his knees but has resumed running. He always has been a talent, but an enigma as well. But Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden always has been fascinated with veteran receivers, and now Boston has caught his attention.

                            And there was a flurry of wide receiver workouts in Florida on Thursday. Jacksonville, which lost wide receiver Jimmy Smith to retirement last week, worked out three veteran wide receivers: former Jaguar Troy Edwards, former Bear Dez White and former Raven Randy Hymes.
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

                            -- Samuel Adams

                            sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by rcsodak
                              There's a standoff in Denver. Wide receiver Ashley Lelie has gone the route Javon Walker once did in Green Bay, telling those close to him that under no condition will he play in Denver this season. The Broncos, meanwhile, have allowed Lelie's agent, Peter Schaffer, to shop for a trade.
                              If there is a standoff in Denver, then my money is on Shanahan and Bowlen.
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X