Wwkd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwkd??

The members of the LionsRedZone Fan Forum have been wondering your opinions and thoughts on the recent aquisition of one of our prized possessions, Mr. David Kircus. Additionally, we would like to know:

What Would Kircus Do?????
    Last edited by GreatNorthwest; 05-17-2006, 02:13 PM.

If he is good he will compete for a job that he most likely wont get. Other than that probably help out our practice squad. I personally have no idea who he is so I really couldn't tell you.

Comment

As for me he is a unkown.. so i cannot tell ya much .. maybe you could shed more light on this subject more then us
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

wasn't he like the leader of all major passing categories in Div 1AA? I think he is white to if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
          wasn't he like the leader of all major passing categories in Div 1AA? I think he is white to if i'm not mistaken.
          What do the two things have to do with each other?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

To me, right now he is camp garbage...nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

He played for Grand Valley State which is up in Michigan.
              They are one of the most dominant teams in D-II and I think won like 3 straight championships or something like that.

I don't think he has much of a chance at making the roster either. He was on the practice squad in Detroit for like 2 years wasn't he, which would make him ineligible to be on it again wouldn't it?

We have plenty pf Good talented WRs

Rod Smith
              Javon Walker
              Darius Watts
              Brandon Marshall
              Todd Devoe
              Domenik Hixon
              Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                They are one of the most dominant teams in D-II and I think won like 3 straight championships or something like that.

I don't think he has much of a chance at making the roster either. He was on the practice squad in Detroit for like 2 years wasn't he, which would make him ineligible to be on it again wouldn't it?

Rod Smith
                Javon Walker
                Darius Watts
                Brandon Marshall
                Todd Devoe
                Domenik Hixon
                What about a fired up David Terrel

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye

Rod Smith
                  Javon Walker
                  Darius Watts
                  Brandon Marshall
                  Todd Devoe
                  Domenik Hixon
                  Rod
                  Javon
                  David
                  ?????
                  --------
                  PS:
                  Marshall
                  Hixon
                  ??????

Devoe is valued as a ST'er also....so he COULD be kept....but he doesn't have anymore PS eligibility, so it's either/or for him.
                  Watts' chance is NOW. He either shows his skills, or lack thereof......
                  Marshall/Hixon, if either wants to stay on the sidelines, has to show what else they bring....ST, unforseen skills....etc....or they are on the PS.
                  Kircus is in the same boat as Devoe.....either he's the next eddymac, or he's camp fodder......
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

If Marshall doesn't make Denver's final roster I think they will lose him for good.

He has alot of upside and there will be teams looking for WR's that will likely take a chance on him come season time.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                      If Marshall doesn't make Denver's final roster I think they will lose him for good.

He has alot of upside and there will be teams looking for WR's that will likely take a chance on him come season time.
                      I was thinking the same thing. I don't think the Broncos will be able to sneak Marshall through waivers. Last year Wesley Duke had to be carried on the 53 man roster for the same reason. Another team was lurking and waiting to grab him in waivers.

Perhaps they might be able to do it at some point in the season, but he is very likely to be on the Broncos 53 man roster.

It probably wouldn't help for either Watts or Devoe to be better than Marshall at this pont. Unless the team figures he's a total bust like Marcus Nash, then Marshall will be given a year to develop -- as Watts was before he was inactivated last year.

So. . . Marshall makes the 53 man roster.
                      In addition, since Darren Williams is starting at CB he won't be running back kicks.

That's confirmed by the Broncos trying to draft a KR/PR in the draft and coming up with Hixon. Adams or Hixon will make the roster as a KR/PR but not both -- unless one of them emerged as the #3 WR == don't hold your breath.

That means:

If Lelie doesn't return, them probably :
                      Possibility One: Terrell Doesn't Suck:
                      1. Rod
                      2. Javon
                      3. David Terrell
                      4. Marshall (or Adams or Hixon)*
                      5. Adams or Hixon (whoever the Broncos like as PR/KR) (or Marshall).

In this scenario Watts and Devoe are dead meat.

*Guys in the parenthesis are competing against each other not against the other guy: i.e. Marshall will be on the roster, but Either Adams OR Hixon, but not both will be).

Possibility Two: Terrell Sucks: Devoe or Watts now have a chance to make it, but they would probably have to beat out either Terrell or be cut since neither can return kicks.

1. Rod
                      2. Javon
                      3. Marshall OR (Watts OR Devoe).
                      4. Adams OR Hixon (whoever is better KR/PR)
                      5. If the Broncos like Hixon that means good-bye Charlie Adams -- unless he somehow manages to win the #3 WR job that Shanahan was touting Terrell for as of now.

If Charlie Adams emerges as the better KR/PR, then Hixon might make the practice squad. He's probably not likely to be picked up on waivers by another team the way Marshall would be.

If Lelie comes back that's Syonara for a couple of these guys. Lelie doesn't play special teams though, so Marshall probably makes the 53 man roster and plays special teams. Devoe & Adams probably get the kiss of death unless the Broncos decided to carry 6 WRs because of the need to hold onto Marshall!

But, that's unlikely.

Everybody clear now?
                      Last edited by Cugel; 05-17-2006, 06:44 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think any of our 4th round picks would make it to the PS. Marshall clearly has a lot of upside...especially in a west coast scheme. Dumervil shouldn't be cut if only because he's probably already one of our better pass rushers (maybe, maybe not). I read a report on another board that said Hixon was being looked at as high as the late third round, and he was a very fast riser. But, once teams learned of his foot injury, he dropped. I think he's also got the inside track on returner, so...

Comment

Degrading comment.....

"To me, right now he is camp garbage...nothing more, nothing less." I understand the meaning of the comment, but to come from someone with no where near the same talent is a bit rediculous. Any player being considered for a position on any NFL team is hardly camp garbage. I wish I had the opportunity to make a living playing a game. We fans should respect the athletic abilities of all the players. Something tells me you probably called Rod Smith "camp garbage" a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69
                            "To me, right now he is camp garbage...nothing more, nothing less." I understand the meaning of the comment, but to come from someone with no where near the same talent is a bit rediculous. Any player being considered for a position on any NFL team is hardly camp garbage. I wish I had the opportunity to make a living playing a game. We fans should respect the athletic abilities of all the players. Something tells me you probably called Rod Smith "camp garbage" a few years ago.
                            Lol, well, that's my opinion. He's camp fodder...camp garbage. You wasted your time typing that up, cuz I really don't care about calling him camp garbage. Thanks for trying though...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatNorthwest
                              The members of the LionsRedZone Fan Forum have been wondering your opinions and thoughts on the recent aquisition of one of our prized possessions, Mr. David Kircus. Additionally, we would like to know:

What Would Kircus Do?????
                              Detroit fans were really high on him and I've read some amazing stuff on him also (a lot of it being Bronco propaganda, but its still a fun read ).

Bottomline, if Kircus performs in training camp, he'll earn his spot on the team. Shanahan is pretty good when it comes to deciding who gets to play once the players are actually in camp. (It was Shanny's decision to play Tim Brown over Al Davis favorite Willie Gault).
                              You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Working...
                              X