Welcome back Willie Middlebrooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lancane
    Great we re-sign a failed number one again... We are starting to look like Oakland!
    you sure do take the negative aspect of everything, i think you need a hug or somethin.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
      you sure do take the negative aspect of everything, i think you need a hug or somethin.
      Negative? Who me never... Try and hug me and you will be eating out of a straw, I do not live on Brokeback Mountain! Hahahaha....

I am negative about very little, I am realistic though! Truth is I am not big on Plummer, but I am big on Cutler. I am not all behind the trade of Walker, but I think he could do good, in the same turn I am not all about letting Lelie go, right now he is one of the best young receivers in the league. I am not about to say either halfback we have is the next all-pro, and our D-Line will in the end have issues. I am not being negative, but realistic... I want all the fans that think we will win the SuperBowl this year to give me some of what they are smoking, because not even Madden could play out that way!

I do believe we will go to the playoffs, but I do see Plummer falling short once agaon and that will be all she wrote.

Other then that, I am a very happy person. (Or act like one!)

Comment

Negative? Who me never... Try and hug me and you will be eating out of a straw, I do not live on Brokeback Mountain! Hahahaha....

I am negative about very little, I am realistic though! Truth is I am not big on Plummer, but I am big on Cutler. I am not all behind the trade of Walker, but I think he could do good, in the same turn I am not all about letting Lelie go, right now he is one of the best young receivers in the league. I am not about to say either halfback we have is the next all-pro, and our D-Line will in the end have issues. I am not being negative, but realistic... I want all the fans that think we will win the SuperBowl this year to give me some of what they are smoking, because not even Madden could play out that way!

I do believe we will go to the playoffs, but I do see Plummer falling short once agaon and that will be all she wrote.

Other then that, I am a very happy person. (Or act like one!)
        Well last year we had the exact same problems for the most part. No star RB, problems on the d-line, plummer and so on. I liek lelie too, im sure you seen my other threads, but walker says he will come back from his injury and i really have no reason to not believe him, so there is lelie's replacement as the starter. I think the other receivers are decent enough to contribute as #3 WR's there are a lot of them competing for that spot, Terrell Adams Devoe Hixon and Marshall are the front runners I have to believe at least one of them will stand out and be good.

Its easy to predict Plummer will fail in the playoffs, but it takes a true fan to believe. Makes the actual winning all the more enjoyable. Now you are setting yourself up to be one of the ones who they have to prove wrong, and why would you want to be in that position?
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

He will get a shot, then a tag and then a bus ticket. Quick easy and painless! Hehehe...
          Wrong!

Shanahan wouldn't have bothered to bring him in if he didn't think he could make the final roster. He knows all about Willie.

I believe Middlebrooks was a ST captain his final year here and he will be an upgrade at ST.

Obviously, there's not currently a need at CB unless the Broncos are thinking about cutting Roc Alexander, which could happen. In that case he'd be behind Champ, Foxworth, D. Williams and Paymah, which would make him the 5th CB. The 5th CB doesn't get to dress much, Roc Alexander who had that spot last year didn't get to play 1 down at CB last year. He was exclusively a ST player and ran back kicks. That will be Willie's role this year unless he converts to safety.

He could conceivably beat out Carl Paymah for the 4th CB spot, but more likely he'll be a backup safety.

Aside from Brandon, Lynch and Ferguson there are really no safeties on the team who are worthy of starting positions. Brandon Browner might be converted to safety, but he's a project.

Middlebrooks would add speed at that position, and could be useful as an extra DB in passing situations and to provide depth.

Just because he's not good enough to be a starting CB doesn't mean he's not valuable.

You think he can't beat out the likes of Abdul Hamza? Chris Young? Everett Tyler? Curome Cox? Not exactly a "dream team" lineup!

It's a cheap and good pickup for the team. He already knows the system and can fit right in if he's willing to work at it and be a role player.

Obviously his off-field problems contributed a lot to his demise here in Denver. But presumably he's put that behind him and he still has some talent.
          sigpic

Comment

I would agree Cugel. I don't see him being a cornerback but a safety and I think he can be a backup safety no problem. He was the captain of the Special Teams when Burns was not here.

Willie in fact did fantastic on special teams and he also has good veteran experience and that is why he will make the final roster. Special teams is really important any more to Mike S. and he is bringing in people that can play those positions.

Backup Safety along with Sam Brandon and he will stay.

One of the biggest problems he had was staying healthy so my one caveat would be he will be on the team if he is healthy if not then I am not so positive then.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
              That's a lie. He's brought SOOOOOOOOO much to the table that he's had a horrible career with Denver.

He brings SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to the table that the lowly 49ers who barely have a secondary cut him.

Stop Dreaming...

Middlebrooks played pretty well for us the last year he was in Denver........................Some of you guys really have me smh.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDiver
                Middlebrooks played pretty well for us the last year he was in Denver........................Some of you guys really have me smh.
                Thank you. He was actually coming around the in his final year here!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
                  I have never laughed so hard in my life. Thanks!

I think D. Foxworth has more interceptions and game changing plays in his one year than Middlebrooks had in his three or four too. Just a point.
                  You laugh, while i'm laughing right back in your face when Willie proves all of you wrong.

Comment

Why not??

He sure does get injured a lot and he has had some character issues, but he has enough talent to contribute and he won't be coming at a high price.

He was playing decently well before he left us, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him make our roster. I don't think that he looks as good as Foxworth or Williams, but he could fill a roster spot as one of our Safety/Corners and he would be able to play special teams. In other words, he's versatile and knows our system. Those features of his give him an advantage to make the roster.

I'd love to see him make the roster and have an impact on special teams, but I doubt he'll see the field all that much. Only when a starter is tired.
                    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                    . Post Your Artwork .
                    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                      Why not??

He sure does get injured a lot and he has had some character issues, but he has enough talent to contribute and he won't be coming at a high price.

He was playing decently well before he left us, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him make our roster. I don't think that he looks as good as Foxworth or Williams, but he could fill a roster spot as one of our Safety/Corners and he would be able to play special teams. In other words, he's versatile and knows our system. Those features of his give him an advantage to make the roster.

I'd love to see him make the roster and have an impact on special teams, but I doubt he'll see the field all that much. Only when a starter is tired.
                      In all honestly Darrent Williams has character issues too. ........................ But neither guy concerns me in that way. Middlebrooks could be the guy we've been looking for to play Safety. He's big enough at 6'1'' and 200 pounds. Fast enough at 4.4 in the fourty. And He's a pretty good cover guy. Like I've said, we didn't cut the guy, we traded him. He's got a ton of talent. Not to mention he's a GREAT special teams player. This is a very, very good pick-up for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                        That's a lie. He's brought SOOOOOOOOO much to the table that he's had a horrible career with Denver.

He brings SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to the table that the lowly 49ers who barely have a secondary cut him.

Stop Dreaming...
                        Middlebrooks will make the final roster, we don't exactly have superstar talent in the secondary. Champs the best thign we have back there Lynch is a good SS, but isn't a FS, Ferguson is servicable and we can upgrade at his position to field a true FS and the other corner spot is kind of locked between WIlliams & Foxworth.

Behind Lynch and Ferugson the only proven person we have at safety is Brandon, he started for us back in 2003 and had lapses. Curome Cox is another player that will make the final roster from the safety position. Cox, Brandon & Middlebrooks all can play safety and corner which gives us versatilty because they can play multiple positions. Also Middlebrooks and Cox can play special teams and if I'm not mistaken Brandon does as well.
                        sigpic
                        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

We really have Burns to play Special teams only. Even though he's a backup Linebacker, his skill is on Special teams and he's going to be a Special teams assistant after this year. Middlebrooks will strengthen our Special teams as well as give us a player that can play both Corner and Safety. He will easily beat out Roc Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                          X