Another new Bronco fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new Bronco fan...

:wave: As a Vanderbilt alum and fan, I am extremely happy to finally have an NFL team to pull for. For some strange reason, I became a Jets fans in 1981 only because I enjoyed watching the first freak, Gastineau. Gave that up when he retired and have not had a team since. However, with Cutler going to your beloved Broncos, I now have a team to hang my hat with and be proud of.

I was once, a couple of decades ago, one of those pathetic Commodore players you have all heard are so bad. It's pretty much true, so you can see what a big deal it is for us to have a guy go in the first round, especially a QB! We are all very proud of Jay and though we have a small fan base, most I've talked to are new Bronco fans. I will do my best to make it out to your wonderful part of the country for a game as soon as Cutler is taking some meaningful snaps.

Of course I have no idea if Jay will be a bust or a hall of famer. Hopefully he takes us (hope I can say that now) to a couple of Super Bowl wins. I know Jay personally and can attest that he will be a great ambassador for the organization. If he can be 90% the QB Elway was, we'll all be happy. Others have touched on this, but I feel I need to also. Just because the guy didn't win big at VU, he did all he could. For three years he was WASTED, running a stupid option offense. When we finally let the guy throw the ball his last year, all he did was lead the league in passing and helped our offense score 28 points a game. I'm sure you don't know, but those kind of scoring numbers haven't been seen at VU in 25 years, if ever.

We would have won nine games this year if we had any kind of defense at all...and if Jay would have been asked to play free safety also, he would have gladly done it. And he would have had a few interceptions. He's that good of an athlete...and that kind of unselfish team player. The kid is a winner, playing in a losing program. But, losing is not part of his nature now, as some would lead you to believe.

You guys are probably tired of these threads, I just wanted to throw in my two cents as a new fan. I wish the Broncos the best of luck this year and far into the future. Hopefully Plummer leads the Broncos to a Super Bowl win this year, but I believe you have a quality QB for the future. I look forward to talking with you all.

happy coming and good posting here at broncomania

Comment

Originally posted by solo2000
      :wave: As a Vanderbilt alum and fan, I am extremely happy to finally have an NFL team to pull for. For some strange reason, I became a Jets fans in 1981 only because I enjoyed watching the first freak, Gastineau. Gave that up when he retired and have not had a team since. However, with Cutler going to your beloved Broncos, I now have a team to hang my hat with and be proud of.

I was once, a couple of decades ago, one of those pathetic Commodore players you have all heard are so bad. It's pretty much true, so you can see what a big deal it is for us to have a guy go in the first round, especially a QB! We are all very proud of Jay and though we have a small fan base, most I've talked to are new Bronco fans. I will do my best to make it out to your wonderful part of the country for a game as soon as Cutler is taking some meaningful snaps.

Of course I have no idea if Jay will be a bust or a hall of famer. Hopefully he takes us (hope I can say that now) to a couple of Super Bowl wins. I know Jay personally and can attest that he will be a great ambassador for the organization. If he can be 90% the QB Elway was, we'll all be happy. Others have touched on this, but I feel I need to also. Just because the guy didn't win big at VU, he did all he could. For three years he was WASTED, running a stupid option offense. When we finally let the guy throw the ball his last year, all he did was lead the league in passing and helped our offense score 28 points a game. I'm sure you don't know, but those kind of scoring numbers haven't been seen at VU in 25 years, if ever.

We would have won nine games this year if we had any kind of defense at all...and if Jay would have been asked to play free safety also, he would have gladly done it. And he would have had a few interceptions. He's that good of an athlete...and that kind of unselfish team player. The kid is a winner, playing in a losing program. But, losing is not part of his nature now, as some would lead you to believe.

You guys are probably tired of these threads, I just wanted to throw in my two cents as a new fan. I wish the Broncos the best of luck this year and far into the future. Hopefully Plummer leads the Broncos to a Super Bowl win this year, but I believe you have a quality QB for the future. I look forward to talking with you all.

Welcome to the forum hopefully he will be all that fans want him to be.

Comment

Hello and welcome. :wave:

Comment

I don't welcome bandwagon fans.

If you don't know what the heart, the spirit, and the pride of the Bronco traditions, and what Bronco football is about, then you can't become a fan of this team overnight.

Just because you're favorite college player gets drafted by a team, doesn't mean you should become a fan. Sure, you can follow that team, but you can't put it #1 on your favorite team list. It just doesn't work that way.

If you're a Jets fan, then why are you here? Just because they had a 4-12 season, you're going to move on? What's the point of being a true fan if you're going to do that? And if you were truly a fan since 1981, then you wouldn't be able to just change your team overnight. You shouldn't EVER be able to change your favorite team at that rate.

I've been a Bronco fan all my life, and I can't see me ever changing my team, I can't ever see myself wearing any other jerseys than the Orange and Blue ones. I can't see my pride, my love, and my passion for this game goto another team, just because a player from my favorite college went to a pro team. In that case, I should be a Browns fan for Braylon Edwards.

You will never know the passion, the spirit, and what Bronco football is all about. You will never be a diehard fan, because in 3 years when you're next favorite college player comes to the NFL and if the Broncos go 4-12, and that team goes 13-3, you'll jump on that bandwagon.

We(True Bronco fans) don't and never will need you.

And when you say "us", talking about the Broncos. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach
          Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 05-22-2006, 06:55 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7

If you don't know what the heart, the spirit, and the pride of the Bronco traditions, and what Bronco football is about, then you can't become a fan of this team overnight.

Just because you're favorite college player gets drafted by a team, doesn't mean you should become a fan. Sure, you can follow that team, but you can't put it #1 on your favorite team list. It just doesn't work that way.

If you're a Jets fan, then why are you here? Just because they had a 4-12 season, you're going to move on? What's the point of being a true fan if you're going to do that? And if you were truly a fan since 1981, then you wouldn't be able to just change your team overnight. You shouldn't EVER be able to change your favorite team at that rate.

I've been a Bronco fan all my life, and I can't see me ever changing my team, I can't ever see myself wearing any other jerseys than the Orange and Blue ones. I can't see my pride, my love, and my passion for this game goto another team, just because a player from my favorite college went to a pro team. In that case, I should be a Browns fan for Braylon Edwards.

You will never know the passion, the spirit, and what Bronco football is all about. You will never be a diehard fan, because in 3 years when you're next favorite college player comes to the NFL and if the Broncos go 4-12, and that team goes 13-3, you'll jump on that bandwagon.

And when you say "us", talking about the Broncos. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach

Speak for yourself, converts where ever they come from are welcome.

Some folk do not have the luxury of living in a NFL city.

Comment

That wasn't necessary or fair, RTB. So you have been a Bronco fan all your life. I have ever since they played their first game . . . I WATCHED that game. So what? We have scores of fans here who became fans for one reason or another, and it doesn't have to be for the same reason you and I are fans. You don't know whether a certain individual will become a permanent fan or "jump the bandwagon." You just don't know.

Solo2000, welcome to the boards! Come in for any reason you want, and you will fall in love with the Broncos. Guaranteed.

P.S. You will soon learn what CP points are. When you do, you will find some there from me.

-----
              Last edited by topscribe; 05-22-2006, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                That wasn't necessary or fair, RTB. So you have been a Bronco fan all your life. I have ever since they played their first game . . . I WATCHED that game. So what? We have scores of fans here who became fans for one reason or another, and it doesn't have to be for the same reason you and I are fans. You don't know whether a certain individual will become a permanent fan or "jump the bandwagon." You just don't know.

Solo2000, welcome to the boards! Come in for any reason you want, and you will fall in love with the Broncos. Guaranteed.

-----
                Sorry if I sounded bitter, I didn't mean too. My bad.

But if someone is a fan of a team for 25 years, why would you just change after a 4-12 season and your favorite college player going to a team that's about to make a huge run for the superbowl? Seems bandwagonish to me, VERY bandwagonish... And I just don't like fans that won't be apart of the Bronco community, and be there through thick or thin, I despise fans like that.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but, all I know is that no one can feel the passion and pride for a team unless they grew up with that passion and pride. Or, if you become a fan later in your life. Either way, the first team you pick should be the ONLY team you pick.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisKamanowns
                  happy coming and good posting here at broncomania
                  Chris, I must have missed you somehow.

Welcome to you, too!

-----

Comment

I agree 110% ... except instead of the Broncos put the Browns. I especially hate a lot of these younger fans that want to change the Browns tradition. That is the uniform, stadium, et cetera. The Browns have certain traditions you DO NOT mess with and bandwagon fans want to change them. Over at the Browns forum I see bandwagon fans join every day. They go off about how they are a fan of so and so and that they are now Browns fans because those players are Browns. I don't know how many joined when Ted Washington and McGinest joined.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

But if someone is a fan of a team for 25 years, why would you just change after a 4-12 season and your favorite college player going to a team that's about to make a huge run for the superbowl? Seems bandwagonish to me, VERY bandwagonish... And I just don't like fans that won't be apart of the Bronco community, and be there through thick or thin, I despise fans like that.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but, all I know is that no one can feel the passion and pride for a team unless they grew up with that passion and pride. Or, if you become a fan later in your life. Either way, the first team you pick should be the ONLY team you pick.
                      he has not been a fan of another team for 25 years. He said that he was a jets fan for a few years but only because of a player. However, he has been looking for a new team to root for ever since that player retired. What is so bad about that? Why do you have to be a broncos fan for life in order to ever be one? And its not like hes going to be a broncos fan because they are a good team and he just wants to be rooting for the winning teams. He appearantly really likes Cutler and since he went to the broncos he wants to give the broncos a chance.

Anyways, welcome solo and if you ever have any questions about the broncos or these boards or anything dont hesitate to private message me
                      Last edited by Prodigal19; 05-22-2006, 07:35 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
                        Why do you have to be a broncos fan for life in order to ever be one?
                        Because you will never know about the tradition, passion, and love of the Broncos unless you grow up and learn about that.

And if he only liked the Jets for a player, and he only likes the Broncos for Cutler, then he'll move to the next team because of a single player.

If we wants to support the Broncos, then fine. But I feel for him because he'll never know how being a TRUE Bronco fan feels. If he wants to support the Broncos, then do so, but don't jump to another bandwagon in 3 years. Stay a Bronco fan for life
                        sigpic

Comment

Knocked you earlied but...

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          Speak for yourself, converts where ever they come from are welcome.

Some folk do not have the luxury of living in a NFL city.
                          You are right on the money here. Bronco fans are always welcome, whether they became one yesterday or not. According to RTB's logic, you can never change teams even if you move, a family member got drafted or you bought the team.

Welcome to the boards and realize that being a Cutler faithful means you'll have to watch him carry a clipboard for a year.

Go Broncos!

Comment

Beast, as another new Bronco fan with a Vandy background, but one that has never really had a favorite nfl team, I can understand where you're coming from in a lot of ways. But I think probably what you and a lot of others don't realize yet is just how strongly a lot of us longsuffering vandy fans feel about Cutler and what that young man has meant to the school, the football program, and a lot of us individually. So while no, I doubt that I for one will have the same perspective on being a Bronco fan as you do, I don't doubt that I now bring just as much intensity or passion for it as you do, and for better or worse Jay has a lot to do with that... and truthfully I don't think any of what i'm saying is gonna mean much until, through the natural course of time, you guys are able to get to know him like a lot of us know him...and then I think you'll understand how so many of us can now become overnight Bronco fans. Jay makes me proud to be a new, and still learning, Bronco fan...just like Jay made me proud again to be a Vandy fan.

Comment

Actually...

Because you will never know about the tradition, passion, and love of the Broncos unless you grow up and learn about that.

And if he only liked the Jets for a player, and he only likes the Broncos for Cutler, then he'll move to the next team because of a single player.

If we wants to support the Broncos, then fine. But I feel for him because he'll never know how being a TRUE Bronco fan feels. If he wants to support the Broncos, then do so, but don't jump to another bandwagon in 3 years. Stay a Bronco fan for life
                              You can just read the trivia threads and learn the heart and history of the Bronco faithful. (Or pay topscribe for a one-on-one Bronco-fandome lesson) The only downside will be never sitting in old Mile-high

Comment

Working...
                              X