Another new Bronco fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solo2000
    He or she doesn't know me...so to throw the phrase "bandwagon fan" to a guy who has been a Vanderbilt Commodore fan since birth, is in a word, laughable. RTB, if you want to know what a true fan is, come sit with me at a Vanderbilt game and hang out with the people I run with. I dare say, if the Broncos had only had ONE winning season in your lifetime and you still owned anything with "Broncos" on it, I would be impressed.

If I wanted to be a "bandwagon" fan, I could have jumped on the Big Orange caravan out of Knoxville. You have no idea the abuse I took as a Commodore player and fan in this state, where we are outnumbered at least 1000 to 1. Believe me, I know bandwagon fans, I see them daily in this state...the ones who said they were UT football fans, but Vanderbilt basketball fans...you know, the real died in the wool people...the fans who are jumping off the UT bandwagon in droves now after the first losing season in 18 years....after the first loss to lowly Vanderbilt in 23 years....the same fans who "no showed" the last game of this year by the thousands because they had lost to Florida, Georgia and Alabama in the same year.

You have no idea what it is like to go from store to store in your home city of Nashville and only be able to find clearance racks of Vandy merchandise, while both walls are full of UT crap. It would be like you driving to every sports store in Denver only to find the walls and shelves full of Raider gear. Chew on that for a while.

I know what it is to be a fan. I had the opportunity to play at any number of schools in the Southeastern Conference, but I chose "my team". I have already stated I have not been a fan of any NFL team since 1988, I do not give my loyalty easily. If I say I'm now a fan, no matter what the reason, I'm a fan.

Say what you want about me, I don't sweat you, I can see there are plenty of fans on here with enough class to make up for your lack of it. And who the hell are you to put a picture of Cutler on all of your posts? Have you met him? Has he been to your house for dinner, played catch with your kid? Have you seen him play in every home game for the last 4 years? Were you there for the rip off in the Swamp this year? Did you see Cutler's face during the overtime coin toss versus Florida? Have you been to all of his away games, but for one, in the last 4 years? Have you every supported your team through 23 losing seasons? Well, I have, so don't begin to tell me what it takes to be a Broncos fan. I know how to be a fan, and if I choose the Broncos, people like you better not say anything to me about how to be a "RTB" Bronco fan when I do show up for a game.

I do appreciate all the supportive posts, all the rest of you guys remember when you first became fans of the Broncos...and you didn't need some loud mouth, back woods inbred telling you that you were not welcome.
    When you are talking about Bandwagon fan in regards to Vandy. Is there really that many UT fans there??

I seen a lot of Cutler since the end of his junior year and looked back on some older videos..

What happens if Vandy brings out a great back? What happens if he goes to the Raiders? Will you be a raiders fan to... or just follow him or even if it is another QB in 4 years?

Sorry for any comments I have made if it offends you in any way.. It just sounds like you are a huge Vandy and Cutler fan (I have been really high on this kid for about a year)

It is great to have you a Broncos fan... if you are seriously going to be going for the Broncos. Even though Cutler is most likely not going to play next year (unless injury to jake) are you still going to watch the games? are you going to cheer for the other players? If so welcome.

Again I really see how much you like Vandy.. I speculated that you were a fan of Cutler not the Broncos

Comment

Welcome aboard, Solo. :wave:
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

He or she doesn't know me...so to throw the phrase "bandwagon fan" to a guy who has been a Vanderbilt Commodore fan since birth, is in a word, laughable. RTB, if you want to know what a true fan is, come sit with me at a Vanderbilt game and hang out with the people I run with. I dare say, if the Broncos had only had ONE winning season in your lifetime and you still owned anything with "Broncos" on it, I would be impressed.

If I wanted to be a "bandwagon" fan, I could have jumped on the Big Orange caravan out of Knoxville. You have no idea the abuse I took as a Commodore player and fan in this state, where we are outnumbered at least 1000 to 1. Believe me, I know bandwagon fans, I see them daily in this state...the ones who said they were UT football fans, but Vanderbilt basketball fans...you know, the real died in the wool people...the fans who are jumping off the UT bandwagon in droves now after the first losing season in 18 years....after the first loss to lowly Vanderbilt in 23 years....the same fans who "no showed" the last game of this year by the thousands because they had lost to Florida, Georgia and Alabama in the same year.

You have no idea what it is like to go from store to store in your home city of Nashville and only be able to find clearance racks of Vandy merchandise, while both walls are full of UT crap. It would be like you driving to every sports store in Denver only to find the walls and shelves full of Raider gear. Chew on that for a while.

I know what it is to be a fan. I had the opportunity to play at any number of schools in the Southeastern Conference, but I chose "my team". I have already stated I have not been a fan of any NFL team since 1988, I do not give my loyalty easily. If I say I'm now a fan, no matter what the reason, I'm a fan.

Say what you want about me, I don't sweat you, I can see there are plenty of fans on here with enough class to make up for your lack of it. And who the hell are you to put a picture of Cutler on all of your posts? Have you met him? Has he been to your house for dinner, played catch with your kid? Have you seen him play in every home game for the last 4 years? Were you there for the rip off in the Swamp this year? Did you see Cutler's face during the overtime coin toss versus Florida? Have you been to all of his away games, but for one, in the last 4 years? Have you every supported your team through 23 losing seasons? Well, I have, so don't begin to tell me what it takes to be a Broncos fan. I know how to be a fan, and if I choose the Broncos, people like you better not say anything to me about how to be a "RTB" Bronco fan when I do show up for a game.

I do appreciate all the supportive posts, all the rest of you guys remember when you first became fans of the Broncos...and you didn't need some loud mouth, back woods inbred telling you that you were not welcome.
        you my friend (hopefully I can call you that.) are a sight for sore eyes. Welcome to the boards.

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

First of all there is a difference between someone that starts being a fan of a particular team because they are successful and someone that follows the team because of a particular player.I will also follow the Broncos because I have watched Jay Cutler play football since he was in high school playing for Heritage hills and I will also follow Buffalo for the same reason Fullback Jon Goldsberry also played at Heritage Hills that doesn't mean those teams will automatically become my favorite teams but I will root for them and spend the money to watch a game or two.
          Most sports I support only one team the Reds in Baseball and Pacers in basketball but in football I have been a fan of Miami, Cincinnati and Tampa Bay for over 25 years and added the Colts when they moved to my home state of Indiana and with the exception of Miami most of the NFL teams I follow have had more disappointing seasons then successful ones but I support them regardless of the record.
          I'm just happy Cutler didn't end up at a team I really dislike like Oakland or Dallas.

Comment

Nice response solo and right on the money.

That RTB post was in my opinion - basically selfish and rather childish. I refused to post about it until I tried to understand his perception. Anyways, my opinion has not changed.

Basically, solo has a a vested interest in the Broncos. Nobody can tell him he's not allowed to call himself a fan.

I remember trying to get some people to become Broncos fans as I wanted to share my enthusiasm; but, not everybody likes the Broncos and not everybody liked Elway. So you just root for your team and share with others who are fans at the time.

Solo sounds like he really enjoys football and is diehard true fan.

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

Nice post man, I think im gonna like reading all your posts. Welcome to the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                When you are talking about Bandwagon fan in regards to Vandy. Is there really that many UT fans there??

I seen a lot of Cutler since the end of his junior year and looked back on some older videos..

What happens if Vandy brings out a great back? What happens if he goes to the Raiders? Will you be a raiders fan to... or just follow him or even if it is another QB in 4 years?

Sorry for any comments I have made if it offends you in any way.. It just sounds like you are a huge Vandy and Cutler fan (I have been really high on this kid for about a year)

It is great to have you a Broncos fan... if you are seriously going to be going for the Broncos. Even though Cutler is most likely not going to play next year (unless injury to jake) are you still going to watch the games? are you going to cheer for the other players? If so welcome.

Again I really see how much you like Vandy.. I speculated that you were a fan of Cutler not the Broncos
                Yes there are alot of UT fans in Tennessee and I'm one of them, I agree with solo alot, I have been to stores where shelves of vandy stuff are marked down, and UT vols stuff is Expensive, dont go asking if there arent alot of UT fans here, because there are TONS.

Comment

Working...
                X