aussies in the nfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aussies in the nfl

i am aussie and aspire to play nfl. i am a rb, and is there any good aussie player in us colleges?
    100% devoted Bronco fan in Australia

Originally posted by gluva1989
    i am aussie and aspire to play nfl. i am a rb, and is there any good aussie player in us colleges?
    I'm sure there are, its just its not something that is publiciced in a big way.
    Its also not something that is distinguishable in pictures.

Good luck!

oh, you should call my aussie friend and tell him to play more football!

Comment

Originally posted by gluva1989
      dnno any aussies in the college ranks
      but there is ben graham who recently signed a new deal with the jets, hes a punter and apparently played aussie rules back in the oz
      Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
      http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Most of the Aussies that play in teh NFL come from an AFL background, simply because of their kicking ability.

They're usually punters.

That isn't to say other's couldn't make it if they wanted to.

I think a lot of the NRL guys would be well suited to play Fullback and Linebacker (just because the way they are built, low to the ground and tough as hell) especially. Some of the quicker guys, may even be able to make it at RB, I think though that most of them have plenty of speed (without the pads), but would become slower and much less "shifty" once they put the pads on.

I think the entire NFL could learn a thing or two about TACKLING from the NRL. Where they actually grab and bring you down. Our game has started to lean more to hitting. They would rather plow into you with a shoulder than grab you and not let go.

BTW, I moved to Brisbane 3 years ago, from Colorado... where are you?
        Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 05-23-2006, 04:56 PM.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Do you play rugby? if so what position, I play both and I can translate almost any position or skill set from one to the other.

Comment

i think the jets punter is an aussie

Comment

Darren Bennett is the most famous... there are a few of them around

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

The Aussies are holding out to play until the NFL gets rid of pads & helmets and requires all beer to be served in oil cans.

T777
                "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Working...
                X