Bronco Favorites of the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Favorites of the Past

I have enjoyed watching many different Bronco players of the past and present, but I do have a few favorites for various reasons. Other than Elway, name some of your favorite players from Bronco teams of the past.

Defense- Dennis Smith & Steve Atwater were both two of my favorites for the same reasons. They could rattle the teeth on any RB or WR in the game.

Offense-Ed McCaffrey is one of my favorites because he could have gotten hit by Atwater or Smith and still hang onto the ball. I also loved to watch Gerald Wilhite. He wasn't the most talented, but seemed to always get the yards needed on 3rd down.

These are a few of my favorites...

Ashley Lelie because of his big play ability and the best deep reciever we have had, in my time

TD because I loved to hear: "TD with the ball, cutback!, TD for TD!"

Elway will always have a special place in my heart, right next to cranberry sauce! (what?! I love that stuff! the jellied kind though)

and Mike Anderson because he rocked!

Comment

Steve Atwater by far on D, but my favorite on Offense has to be Eddie Mac, just because he was one of the most dependable recievers in the game back in his day

Comment

Randy Gradishar!!! The most deserving HOF eligible player who hasn't been voted in. I can't figure out why he doesn't get more consideration.
        "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSince77
          I have enjoyed watching many different Bronco players of the past and present, but I do have a few favorites for various reasons. Other than Elway, name some of your favorite players from Bronco teams of the past.

Defense- Dennis Smith & Steve Atwater were both two of my favorites for the same reasons. They could rattle the teeth on any RB or WR in the game.

Offense-Ed McCaffrey is one of my favorites because he could have gotten hit by Atwater or Smith and still hang onto the ball. I also loved to watch Gerald Wilhite. He wasn't the most talented, but seemed to always get the yards needed on 3rd down.

These are a few of my favorites...
          Great names of the past orange1977

Some of my favs were also McCaffery as he was the hardest worker I ever saw.

Obviously John Elway as I speak for most here. I also liked Craig Morton as he led us to the magical season of 77

Sammy Winder was hard nosed and good

Vance Johnson was fun in the 80s

Dennis Smith and Louie Wright
          Simon Fletcher and Alfred Williams
          and the underrated
          Howard Griffith at FB

and the more current players of Lynch and Bailey and Rod Smith

great thread
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

I just realized I put Lelie down as a player of the past!

NOOOOO!! I jinxed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
              Great names of the past orange1977

Some of my favs were also McCaffery as he was the hardest worker I ever saw.

Obviously John Elway as I speak for most here. I also liked Craig Morton as he led us to the magical season of 77

Sammy Winder was hard nosed and good

Vance Johnson was fun in the 80s

Dennis Smith and Louie Wright
              Simon Fletcher and Alfred Williams
              and the underrated
              Howard Griffith at FB

and the more current players of Lynch and Bailey and Rod Smith

great thread
              great group of old players... I tend to forget about Howard Griffith, great player.

Comment

There are so many- Gradashar, Elway, Sharpe, Rich Jackson, Little, Dennis Smith, Atwater, TD and on and on.

Comment

Too of my favorites have always been Karl Mecklenberg and Tyrone Braxton.

They were drafted so late, that they wouldn't have even made it in today's draft. I've always been a fan of the "underdog."

Their success is so cool, because they weren't expected to be good enough.
                  sigpic

Comment

Tom Jackson
                    Tomstone
                    Little
                    Moses
                    Elway
                    Sharpe
                    Eddie Mac
                    Dennis Smith
                    Meck
                    Atwater
                    Braxton
                    far too many to list
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

I am suprised that not a single person mentioned the player who is the reason
                      Denver is even on the football map Floyd Little .

edit:Except Dean&southstander 1st one
                      Last edited by bronco bible; 05-24-2006, 11:45 AM.

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
                      R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

past

My favorite past players:

John Elway
                        Terrel Davis
                        Ed Mcaphrey
                        Steve Atwater
                        Shannon Sharpe
                        Karl Mecklenberg
                        Gary Zimmerman
                        Howard Grifftih

Comment

T.D. for obvious reasons ....

Atwater - the only man to ever knock Christian O'Koye backwards ....

John Mobley - very hard worker and knocked down Favre's pass on 4th down in the '98 S.B.
                          I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Steve Sewell is one of my favorite all time Broncos. He was one of those guys who went out there and did whatever was asked of him. He by no means was a spectacular player, but he was a good guy who worked hard on every play. When I went to Canton for John's induction I got to meet him, and got an autograph and a picture of him. I was unbelieveably thrilled to meet him.

Then of course there's John, Meck, Mobley, Atwater, Dennis Smith, Eddie Mac and the incomparable TD.

Memories.......................................... ............

Of course, in a few years Rod Smith will retire and vault right to the top of my list.
                            Proud Bronco fan since 1975. I just wish every football player out there today was more like my man Rod Smith. Knowing we will never see him on the field again is very hard. He gave everything he had and left his guts on the field. I will miss him.

Comment

Working...
                            X