jake plummer is not the answer neither is cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NBudris
    I have been having the hardest time reading some peoples opinions on her that havnt seen this guy (Jay "next favre" Cutler). I watch a lot of college football as well as NFL football.

Leinart - I watched this guy play about 4 times going down south seeing my sister in Long Beach (live in san fran.). The system he played in was very similar to what you see in NFL (LA's Pro Team).

The downside on Leinart not just because he had multi surgeries on shoulder BUT just does not have great arm stregth or very good mobility (thats why shanny was targeting Cutler secretly from day one). He seems to get tracked down if he does leave the pocket as if he is running in the mud.

He does not look good when pressured (see notre Dame game). He has to reset his feet before he throws everytime.

He played under the arguably the best offensive line in college football.

Had big, sure-handed receivers and maybe the best backfield in all of football.

I AM NOT SAYING LEINART IS NOT GOOD, just saying if you have the best talent around you it can make a GOOD QB look GREAT.

Young - not going to get into anything with Young.

Now with Cutler.

He does not have much of a downside except YES, he had somthing like a 11-34 mark as a starter. THAT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!! we are talking about Vanderbilt here. Maybe the worst teams in SEC. He might of had the absolute worst talent around him. He had and Avg. at best OL and got pounded every thow.

Seriously I have seen him play on TV couple times he got pounded (I would be getting up looking like this ). He is one very tough dude that got right up every time looking like Dwayne Wade in that Basketball commercial.

I know a lot of you guys don't like him for what ever reason.

He reminds me of Favre w/a stronger arm. Yes, he has a stronger arm then Favre.

He can bench twice his weight, throw off balance (does not have to have feet set), very athletic, competed CLOSELY W/ a tough SEC competition.

Since he went to Vanderbilt he missed one game. Only one game. Do I remind you that he got pounded big time but nevery getting injured.

He also showed great poise against Tenn. in that two minute drill to win the game last season. I think they were favored by maybe 30-40 LOL.

YOU GUYS THINK WHAT YOU WANT. CUTLER JUST NEEDS TO CONTROL HIS OWN ARM STREGTH AND THATS IT.

I am going to get a Cutler Jersey, He is going to be very Dangerous having a line and weapons

Thanks

Nick
    About Cutler in a previous post I did a long long time ago.. in a galaxy far far away

Comment

Originally posted by legend111
      Yea everybody knows reporters don't like the Broncos but come on you have to have your own opinion and feelings about your team's decision it's called being your self. And what all players am I bashing on the Broncos when I ONLY METIONED THREE POEPLE PLUMMER, CUTLER AND CHAMP

WOULDNT NO WOULD'NT why don't you check your own punctuation before you spell check somebody's post.
      It was the spelling and grammar that where making your posts hard to read. Maybe it has something to do with the caps lock also? But seriously, who knows these things?

Also, I was saying everyone needs their own opinion but you seem to be comming off of Kipers opinion. I meant more that you where dogging on the coaching and their decisions. Pretty much I took it as you where saying they are all dumb because they don't take people that go way ahead of our pick. The biggest thing is you saying this about players that are undrafted. Vick probably wont even be a QB because he isn't NFL material. He is to short and does not have a good release for the NFL. Now he might get good by being taught this stuff but he is nowhere near as ready as Cutler.

McNabb also is a great pressure QB? Yeah, he has proven to do way better in the playoffs than anyone I can think of. I mean, how many superbowls is it now?

Vince Young seemed to do good in the playoffs also. I wonder how he didn't reach the superbowl last season. He was so close.....

You also seem to hype other teams and players a LOT more than you do the Bronco's. So as I said before, there are other parts of the forums to talk trash on the Broncos.
      Last edited by jhns; 05-25-2006, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Also a huge thing to look at is...

Texas has 6 people drafted

USC 11 people drafted 2 others brought on as UDFA

V-Tech 9 people drafted 1 brought on a UDFA compaired to Miami

Vandy - 1 person drafted 0 UDFA

Comment

If you look excellent.. with great tallent around him and well Leinart looked unbellievable.. well when not being pressured wit the best overall offensive team in NCAA (Texas close 2nd) and Cutler looked great with a awfull team and the worst offense over all in the SEC.

I would say in my opinion Cutler stock rises youn and Leinart drop..

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
            Jacobs is an adequate athlete who lacks the foot quickness and playing speed to make big plays with his feet. He has bad footwork and throwing technique really hinder his ability to consistently throw accurately. He stands very upright in the pocket and usually does not stride into his throws -- even when he does, he strides with a stiff front leg and snaps over it. Because he does not stride into or follow through on passes, his passes do not consistently have zip and they tend to dip in front of the receiver on medium/deep routes. He has a sidearm throwing motion, which leads to him getting passes tipped at the line of scrimmage, and he's a little bit deliberate, which allows defenders to read the pass quickly and break and close fast to make plays on the ball.

The huge reason why he fell all the way to RD 5. and to the Steelers.. they like those slash type players.

Also with Alex smith.. he came from a shotgun type offense (like V. young) which is difficult for people to adjust to the difference in the NFL. Alex Smith in this past draft if he stayed in school would of fell past Clemmons and Croyle and would of been debatable still who to get between rogers smith or whitehurst in my opinion.

also to make a brief summary (not by me) of Omar "no more" Jacobs

Jacobs was one of the most disappointing quarterbacks graded because when he declared early for the 2006 NFL Draft, all the media was talking about him being a top 10 pick and challenging Matt Leinart and Vince Young for the top quarterback spot. However, after watching film, it was quickly apparent that Jacobs most likely was not going to be chosen on the first day of the draft. He has the mental intangibles and physical tools to play quarterback in the NFL, but in order for him to become the player he is capable of, he is going to have to greatly improve his throwing technique. He has played almost exclusively in the shotgun formation and will need to adjust to lining up under center in a more traditional NFL offense. He needs to become much more consistent striding into throws while keeping his front leg bent and following through on passes in order to become a consistent-enough passer to be productive in the NFL. He's poised and relaxed in the pocket when the pressure is all around him and if he can improve his mechanics to become an accurate passer, he is already polished in terms of staying in the pocket and making late throws under heavy pressure. While he has a good-enough arm to make all the throws, he does not have a top-level arm so, unless his technique becomes very good and he always strides into throws, he will never be able to make the deep throw with consistent accuracy and zip. He has a tendency to try and put zip on passes down the field, which lets defensive backs cut in front of the receiver and make plays on the ball consistently. Overall, Jacobs is going to be a mid-round pick because he has the physical tools to start in the NFL. However, most quarterbacks who come into the NFL with major technique problems are not able to improve their technique enough to become the player they are physically capable of.

Oh my god you must think I'M a complete IDIOT, EVERY THING YOU SAID came straight out of mike mayocks mouth a so called draft expert who hyped up Jay cutler you have had to copy an article on jacobs word for word
            .-
            It's very obvious you have never seen Jacobs play. You probaly never seen Cutler play either and you metioned Jacobs as possibly being a slash guy after throwing 71 tds and 11 pics in his career and he's not blazing fast.

Think about smart guy maybee it's because Tommy maddox could'nt win them a game as a backup he played horrible when he started did you see the game that he lost in jacksonvile by himself in ot probaly not.

YOU said he had a strange throwing motion like Vince Young, and Philip Rivers ( who basicaly went number 1 to the chargers last year). You also said he dose'nt have good foot workl or great mobilty and stands upright in the pocket, do you even know who thats sounds like Tom BRADY GENIUS, a player who jacobs Admires and tries to imatate.

Please do not post treads that contain old articles in which I have already read a long time ago I MIGHT AS WELL BE ARGUGING with the draft experts themselevs

And read your treads before you post him you say Jacobs has bad footwork and poor mobilty but then turn around and say he could be a possible slash guy in PITT. OK
            Last edited by legend111; 05-25-2006, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Oh my god you must think I'M a complete IDIOT, EVERY THING YOU SAID came straight out of mike mayocks mouth a so called draft expert who hyped up Jay cutler you have had to copy an article on jacobs word for word
              .-
              It's very obvious you have never seen Jacobs play. You probaly never seen Cutler play either and you metioned Jacobs as possibly being a slash guy after throwing 71 tds and 11 pics in his career and he's not blazing fast.

Think about smart guy maybee it's because Tommy maddox could'nt win them a game as a backup he played horrible when he started did you see the game that he lost in jacksonvile by himself in ot probaly not.

YOU said he had a strange throwing motion like Vince Young, and Philip Rivers ( who basicaly went number 1 to the chargers last year). You also said he dose'nt have good foot workl or great mobilty and stands upright in the pocket, do you even know who thats sounds like Tom BRADY GENIUS, a player who jacobs Admires and tries to imatate.

Please do not post treads that contain old articles in which I have already read a long time ago I MIGHTESE WELL BE ARGUGING with the draft experts themselevs

And read your treads before you post him you say Jacobs has bad footwork and poor mobilty but then turn around and say he could be a possible slash guy in PITT. OK
              Again in that previous thing by me I had in (not by me).

Comment on my first coment to you... all of it..

Comment

after you comment.. why you think Omar droped to rd5 and the steeler wanted him

Comment

Tom Brady has some of the best footwork in the NFL while in the pocket....

Comment

T
                    Originally posted by jhns
                    It was the spelling and grammar that where making your posts hard to read. Maybe it has something to do with the caps lock also? But seriously, who knows these things?

Also, I was saying everyone needs their own opinion but you seem to be comming off of Kipers opinion. I meant more that you where dogging on the coaching and their decisions. Pretty much I took it as you where saying they are all dumb because they don't take people that go way ahead of our pick. The biggest thing is you saying this about players that are undrafted. Vick probably wont even be a QB because he isn't NFL material. He is to short and does not have a good release for the NFL. Now he might get good by being taught this stuff but he is nowhere near as ready as Cutler.

McNabb also is a great pressure QB? Yeah, he has proven to do way better in the playoffs than anyone I can think of. I mean, how many superbowls is it now?

Vince Young seemed to do good in the playoffs also. I wonder how he didn't reach the superbowl last season. He was so close.....

You also seem to hype other teams and players a LOT more than you do the Bronco's. So as I said before, there are other parts of the forums to talk trash on the Broncos.
                    HOW TALL IS DOUG FLUTIE AND SENECA WALLACE AS A matter fact how tall is MICHAEL Vick.

And as far as my comments sounding very simalr to mel kippers comments, its just very obvious kipper made a good evaultion of Cutler. The one thing that stood out about Cutler is his poor decision making. Sure he can make all the throws, so can Kyle Bolier, who is also strong and has a big arm, and now the Ravens are talking about issuing him a personal metor just to help him make good decision

And come on know it dose'nt look good when you HAVE a decision making problem coming from a perdominatly academic school we already got a guy like that IN JAKE PLUMMER.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns
                      Tom Brady has some of the best footwork in the NFL while in the pocket....

Could you name any other player on Jacobs team with out going to a website
                      Do you think the numbers JACOBS put up were alittle high for somebody with bad footwork ?

how many games did backup qb Tommy Maddox win last year?

And I notice you did'nt comment on you slash remark's you must have thaught you was talking to an idiot because I'M NEW to the BOARDS HUH?

Comment

• Legend can you pretty please respond to my post so I can respond back :shake:

Comment

• Originally posted by legend111
                          T

HOW TALL IS DOUG FLUTIE AND SENECA WALLACE AS A matter fact how tall is MICHAEL Vick.

And as far as my comments sounding very simalr to mel kippers comments, its just very obvious kipper made a good evaultion of Cutler. The one thing that stood out about Cutler is his poor decision making. Sure he can make all the throws, so can Kyle Bolier, who is also strong and has a big arm, and now the Ravens are talking about issuing him a personal metor just to help him make good decision

And come on know it dose'nt look good when you HAVE a decision making problem coming from a perdominatly academic school we already got a guy like that IN JAKE PLUMMER.
                          you are reading to much much. Decision making? he went against for tough sec. He had to force every throw split defenders.. best way to put it the DB's were better then his WR's.

I know I know they should of got Omar at 11th overall pick.

sorry he is better QB then Omar

Could you comment on first response

Comment

Do you think the numbers JACOBS put up were alittle high for somebody with bad footwork ?

And I notice you did'nt comment on you slash remark's you must have thaught you was talking to an idiot because I'M NEW to the BOARDS HUH?
                            Umm you better go back and read who said what. The only thing I said about that was that Brady has some of the best footwork in the NFL. I never made a comment on Maddox, Jacobs or any kind of slash. So yes I must think I'm talking to someone that new to the boards 'HUH?'.

Comment

First of all I made the slash remarks and you were comenting on JHNS. I would love to coment on every thing.. but this should really be in other teams about now.

All you talk about is Omar and Pat's. We all understand you like Bowling green and Pats.. and your holding a little grudge about us beating pats so much.

Tommy Maddox? an idiot? well...

respond off my origional post

Comment

T

Way to name Flutie and Wallace as an argument for good short QB's. They also play those guys at QB. Marcus is probably not going to play at QB. This would mean he obviously was nowhere near being a top QB in the draft. This also would mean that he isnt even a good QB period for the NFL. Kipper is also an idiot and has some of the worst reasoning in the world for his statements. You should really watch some Cutler games. He had the choice to hold the ball and go down on a sack or try throwing it up almost every play. Now you can call it bad decision making to throw it in that situation, but if that is almost every play and you just take the sacks you know how much worse it would be for the team? Also, Jake has obivously gotten better in his decision making since comming to the Bronco's and haveing a good coach to teach him. Guess what, Cutler is starting here and will be coached right from the beginning the way Shanny wants him to be. Jake and Jay are completely different people and not even worth starting to compare the two considering the incredibly different situations they came from.

Comment

Working...
                                X