jake plummer is not the answer neither is cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NBudris
    Legend can you pretty please respond to my post so I can respond back :shake:

I thaught I DID COMMENT OFf YOUR ORIGINAL POST BUT I have to leave know and I will be back in two hours to read and responed to your original post
    Last edited by legend111; 05-25-2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by legend111
      Oh my god who dose'nt know that vandy is a perdominatly academic school
      and yea vandy did'nt have the best all around team but come on now that is no excuse for such a poor record. Great players make the team around them good

Example look at Omar jacobs horrible team but he still lead them to victories and If I was Jay culter or anybody on that team I would take them comment you made about him bringing out the best of a team as an insult nobody would have ever thaught Vandy could win 11 games in four years GET REAL

AND YOU say VANDY had no defence what happen to his offence the year before last when they only put up 3 points in a 33-3 blowout againts georgia 6-31 againts the gamecocks he could'nt even beat KENTUCKY 13- 14
      Hmmm... I'll take this one. As for 2004:

South Carolina (L 6-31) - First game of the season. They ran over the Vandy defenSe from the beginning. The team never got on track.

Ole Miss (L 23-26 OT) - DefenSe loses 10 pt 4th quarter lead.

Rutgers (L 34-37) - Vandy up 27 - 3 in 3rd qtr. DefenSe give up lead again.

UGA (L 3-33) - #7 Georgia shuts down the offenSe. What can we say?

Kentucky (L 13-14) - Vandy up 13-0 in 4th qtr.

Tennessee (L 33-38) - Vandy gives #15 Tennessee all it can handle. Cutler throws an interception on last possession with a minute and change trying to make something happen.

Spin away...
      Last edited by theWinners; 05-25-2006, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns
        Tom Brady has some of the best footwork in the NFL while in the pocket....

And so does Jacobs explain 71 td and 11itns in a two year preiod with no offensive line.

Comment

I thaught I DID COMMENT OFOF OF YOUR ORIGINAL POST BUT I have to leave know and I will be back in two hours to read and responed to your original post
          Sure :wave: I'll see it when I see it when you responded you didn't actually say anything I mentioned

Comment

And so does Jacobs explain 71 td and 11itns in a two year preiod with no offensive line.
            What are you talking about? I never have made a comment on Jacobs....
            I was commenting on this. "You also said he dose'nt have good foot workl or great mobilty and stands upright in the pocket, do you even know who thats sounds like Tom BRADY GENIUS" that you said.

I just said Brady has some of the best footwork in the NFL. I didn't get where that statement came from.

Why do you keep going back to these guys that I haven't even talked about. It isn't even relevant to anything I have said.

Comment

Sure :wave: I'll see it when I see it when you responded you didn't actually say anything I mentioned
              you know your not going to get an answer right? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by theWinners

South Carolina (L 6-31) - First game of the season. They ran over the Vandy defense from the beginning. The team never got on track.

Ole Miss (L 23-26 OT) - DefenSe loses 10 pt 4th quarter lead.

Rutgers (L 34-37) - Vandy up 27 - 3 in 3rd qtr. DefenSe give up lead again.

Tennessee (L 33-38) - Vandy gives #15 Tennessee all it can handle. Cutler throws an interception on last possession with a minute and change trying to make something happen.

Spin away...
                Another thing, I don't think he or any other critics of Cutlers' college stats realize is that in order to have a good offense you cant just have a good QB. You have to have someone that can catch the ball, someone to run it, and a line to protect the QB or running back. The record of the team and scores of the games have little to do with how good a single player on that team is.

Comment

• Originally posted by theWinners

South Carolina (L 6-31) - First game of the season. They ran over the Vandy defense from the beginning. The team never got on track.

Ole Miss (L 26-29 OT) - Defense loses 10 pt 4th quarter lead.

Rutgers (L 34-37 OT) - Vandy up 27 - 3 in 3rd qtr.

Spin away...
                  1 ok the south carolina game you only spoke out the gamecocks running over the vandy's deffence you never gave an excuse to the poor production of Vandy's offence = poor rebutle

2 ole miss: eplain what happen to offence in fourth qt

3 RUTGERS: when you say they lost a 27 -3 lead game you not only make the\
                  deffence look bad but the offence as well. what happen to the offence did they not get the ball back after Rutgers score or did they cough the ballup.

4 THE KENTUCKY GAME you do not make a good argument for the offence because the deffence held them scorless three qtrs why did the offence shut down.

5 The Tennessee game sounds like he has some plummer tendancy's. ( forcing something that is not ther.

you made a very poor argument trying to support Cutler but you actually made him look bad

Comment

T

"HOW TALL IS DOUG FLUTIE AND SENECA WALLACE(.) AS A matter (of) fact how tall is MICHAEL Vick. "

Flutie was the starting QB in 3-4 of his seasons in the NFL. Wallace is a backup. These are not particularly compelling points of comparison. Vick has won 20 games the past 2 seasons in Atlanta (I skipped '03 because he was out most of the year). Are you comparing Jacobs to Vick?? I don't believe he has anywhere near Vick's time in the 40 in order to make things happen with his feet.

"And as far as my comments sounding very simalr to mel kippers comments, its just very obvious kipper made a good evaultion of Cutler. The one thing that stood out about Cutler is his poor decision making."

Probably the most important thing about Cutler's "poor decision making" is the fact that he played on a weak team in a strong conference. You assert that he should've somehow raised his team up on his shoulders and made them successful in spite of that. If you'll examine John Elway's record at Stanford (another academically oriented school) you'll see that it was similar to Cutler's record (as I recall he had zero winning seasons there).

"Sure he can make all the throws, so can Kyle Bolier, who is also strong and has a big arm, and now the Ravens are talking about issuing him a personal metor just to help him make good decision."

I can only guess that you mean the Ravens plan to have a "mentor" for Boller. I think what Boller, and most other "unsuccessful" high drafted QBs need most is to be surrounded by a good team. I believe that the greatest indicator of success for NFL QBs is to go to a good team. That is why so many high drafted QBs do poorly and why some later drafted QBs do well--they go to a good team. I believe that V.Young and Leinart will have a greater challenge in achieving success than Cutler for this reason. Cutler doesn't HAVE to be the savior--he has the opportunity to learn from Shanahan and learn to play within the system. If Plummer had the opportunity to come straight into the NFL with Shanahan, he would've been SO much better off right now.

And come on know it dose'nt look good when you HAVE a decision making problem coming from a perdominatly academic school(.)we already got a guy like that IN JAKE PLUMMER.
                    Jake Plummer's "poor decision-making" skills have still allowed him to have 32 wins over the past three years (which doesn't include him missing 4 games). I can argue that is because he's surrounded by an excellent system and a good array of role players and a couple stars. However, if Jake gets zero credit for having a good record with a good team, why would you get down on Cutler for having a bad record with a bad team (or Harrington, or Carr, or other QBs who went to bad systems or teams)???

It appears to be more a matter of who you like and who you don't like rather than any rational examination of facts. You don't like Jake, because you don't like Jake, regardless of him having a good record with a good team. You don't like Cutler, because you don't like Cutler, and you say it's because he had a bad record with a bad team.
                    Last edited by WildHorse; 05-25-2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8jacket
                      you know your not going to get an answer right? lol
                      Yeah i figure that.. tried everything. Everytime I type somthing if he does respond he goes on about somthing else.

Hey what did you eat for dinner tonight?

he responds you know the sky is red and how else would a boat go with out a paddle???

Comment

Yeah i figure that.. tried everything. Everytime I type somthing if he does respond he goes on about somthing else.

Hey what did you eat for dinner tonight?

he responds you know the sky is red and how else would a boat go with out a paddle???

ahhhhh he just knows you got him, so hes going to change it as much as he can

Comment

JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE'NT NOTICE THE BRONCOS HAVE A VERY COMPLEX BLOCKING SCHEME AND THE DO A GREAT JOB OF CUTBLOCKING SO WHOEVER THE RUNNING BACK IS THEY HAVE A TWO LANE OPTION WHICH MOST OF THE TIMES YOU COULD DRIVE A BUS THROUGH UNTOUCH, WHY DO YOU THINK THEY GIVE UP 1000 YARD RUSHERS EVERY YEAR INCLUDING THIS ONE IF THEY WERE SO GREAT

SCHEME NOT THE RUNNING BACK DUH

AND NO CUTLER WON'T ADAPTER TO THE NFL BETTER HEN YOUNG HE WILL MAKE BAD DECISIONS AND BE OUT OF DENVER WITHIN 3 YEARS AND HE COULD NEVER AMOUNT UP TO VINCE YOUNG. OH WOW A MEANINGLESS TENNESSEE GAME DID YOU SEE WHEN HE PUT UP ONLY THREE POINTS AGAINTS GEORGIA THE YEAR BEFORE LAST IN A 33-3 BLOWOUT ON BUT NO ITS NOT HIM ITS EVERY BODY ELSE.
                          I graduabuated from skool with thrid grad speling skiils

Caps lock is pretty annoying to read there bro

And by the way - the Broncos are going to help transform Cutler into a pro-bowl caliber QB and Jake is going to lead the Broncos to a 2007 S.B. victory
                          I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

1 ok the south carolina game you only spoke out the gamecocks running over the vandy's deffence you never gave an excuse to the poor production of Vandy's offence = poor rebutle

deffence look bad but the offence as well. what happen to the offence did they not get the ball back after Rutgers score or did they cough the ballup.

4 THE KENTUCKY GAME you do not make a good argument for the offence because the deffence held them scorless three qtrs why did the offence shut down.

5 The Tennessee game sounds like he has some plummer tendancy's. ( forcing something that is not ther.

you made a very poor argument trying to support Cutler but you actually made him look bad

because you just showed that you have never seen Cutler play or what he has done. also his ability.

Check out some videos

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/teams/jps

(deleted line- unapropriate)

Comment

lol... I don't have the energy for you... "explain why the offenSe didn't score 50 instead of 34" You could take lemonade and make lemons. There weren't excessive turnovers. The defenSe just couldn't come up with stops when we needed them. 4th downs in both the Ole Miss and Rutgers games converted. Plus, stuff like this happens. In 2005, the offenSe was great, but the defenSe was bad. In 2004, the offenSe was mediocre (but improved from 2003), but the defenSe was still bad.

The biggest thing that I would point out for any rational people trying to take something from this discussion is that: for a player at Vandy there is a different pressure of not choking at the end of games. It's like it's the Vandy trademark. It's happened for 15 years of me being a fan. It didn't happen in 2005 and most Vandy fans are hoping that Cutler's resilience and (gasp) winning attitude rubbed off on the rest of the team.

I guess I made him look bad because... Vandy was leading to start with?

Since this isn't a Vandy board, I'll give it a rest. Especially since my spidey senses tell me your not a Bronco fan anyway.
                              Last edited by theWinners; 05-25-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildHorse
                                Jake Plummer's "poor decision-making" skills have still allowed him to have 32 wins over the past three years (which doesn't include him missing 4 games). I can argue that is because he's surrounded by an excellent system and a good array of role players and a couple stars. However, if Jake gets zero credit for having a good record with a good team, why would you get down on Cutler for having a bad record with a bad team (or Harrington, or Carr, or other QBs who went to bad systems or teams)???

It appears to be more a matter of who you like and who you don't like rather than any rational examination of facts. You don't like Jake, because you don't like Jake, regardless of him having a good record with a good team. You don't like Cutler, because you don't like Cutler, and you say it's because he had a bad record with a bad team.

In thinking about this a little more, one could infer that the only QBs you think are any good are those folks you like for some reason (whatever it may be), or those QBs who go to a bad team and somehow have a good season right away. Seems like a pretty limited list and the first bunch is kinda hard to quantify!!

Comment

Working...
                                X