No announcement yet.

jake plummer is not the answer neither is cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I skimmed thru casue I assumed this thread would be crap and noticed a section that had Marcus Vick listed under Best Rookie Qb's. My assumption was then confirmed. :wave:
    sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Astrass
      I skimmed thru casue I assumed this thread would be crap and noticed a section that had Marcus Vick listed under Best Rookie Qb's. My assumption was then confirmed. :wave:
      Read some more it is pretty funny.

Comment

• umm

Legend, do you even follow college football?

Vanderbilt and Bowling Green might be similar teams... but BG played against 0 ranked teams all season. Vanderbilt was a terrible team playing in arguably the toughest conference in college football. Cutler had no team around him and had to go every week getting pounded on by SEC teams. Ben Roth played at Miami of Ohio in the same conference as Bowling Green. Sure, they had some success... but if you stick that same team in the SEC where Cutler had to play they would have gotten destroyed. Ben Roth would have been looked at as a 1 man team like Cutler was but if the Steelers still drafted him would that have changed his performance in the NFL? No. Vanderbilt would win more games with an easier schedule. You can't say Cutler can't run an offense when he has had no offense to run. I think when he starts for the Broncos in some years you will be surprised. And imagine what Vanderbilt would have done without Cutler.

And for the record, Bowling Green is still better than Vanderbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by legend111
          Oh my god who dose'nt know that vandy is a perdominatly academic school
          and yea vandy did'nt have the best all around team but come on now that is no excuse for such a poor record. Great players make the team around them good

Example look at Omar jacobs horrible team but he still lead them to victories and If I was Jay culter or anybody on that team I would take them comment you made about him bringing out the best of a team as an insult nobody would have ever thaught Vandy could win 11 games in four years GET REAL

AND YOU say VANDY had no defence what happen to his offence the year before last when they only put up 3 points in a 33-3 blowout againts georgia 6-31 againts the gamecocks he could'nt even beat KENTUCKY 13- 14

Your probaly a huge David Carr fan with his 16 -43 record and you probaly still have faith in Joey Harringhton and Tim couch along with Kyle boiler.
          Sorry, I know the difference between a good QB and a bad one. I also know the difference between one who looks only at statistics but is unable to use cognitive thinking. I also am a pretty good speller. You'll be eating your words and buying the #6 jersey in a couple of years.

How many Vandy games have you watched and exactly what do you know about them except their record? I've been playing, coaching, and watching football before you came out with the placenta. Did they get it all off of you, or did some dry up?
          As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
            One or One hundred experts can be wrong. Just like many experts said the world was flat and to the best of their knowledge it was true. I don't like opinions. I like the data they have collected so I may draw my own end.

Anyrate It was more along the lines of how you said it.
            Actually the "experts" never thought the earth was flat. That's a myth.

Since the time of Pythagoras educated people have known the earth was round. And Erathosthenes measured its circumference in 240 B.C.!

(How's that for a HIJACK!)

It's a long off-season people and arguing about whether Plummer is any good just isn't going to carry us all the way to the start of the pre-season!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by vandyman53
              Sorry, I know the difference between a good QB and a bad one. I also know the difference between one who looks only at statistics but is unable to use cognitive thinking. I also am a pretty good speller. You'll be eating your words and buying the #6 jersey in a couple of years.

How many Vandy games have you watched and exactly what do you know about them except their record? I've been playing, coaching, and watching football before you came out with the placenta. Did they get it all off of you, or did some dry up?

Just out of curiousity I'm wandering what qb's on the Nfl do you think are great and horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Combo1985
                Legend, do you even follow college football?

Vanderbilt and Bowling Green might be similar teams... but BG played against 0 ranked teams all season. Vanderbilt was a terrible team playing in arguably the toughest conference in college football. Cutler had no team around him and had to go every week getting pounded on by SEC teams. Ben Roth played at Miami of Ohio in the same conference as Bowling Green. Sure, they had some success... but if you stick that same team in the SEC where Cutler had to play they would have gotten destroyed. Ben Roth would have been looked at as a 1 man team like Cutler was but if the Steelers still drafted him would that have changed his performance in the NFL? No. Vanderbilt would win more games with an easier schedule. You can't say Cutler can't run an offense when he has had no offense to run. I think when he starts for the Broncos in some years you will be surprised. And imagine what Vanderbilt would have done without Cutler.

And for the record, Bowling Green is still better than Vanderbilt.

who other then jacobs was drafted from bowling green.

Comment

Just out of curiousity I'm wandering what qb's on the Nfl do you think are great and horrible.
                  Man, did you even read my first post??

There are more than two types of quarterbacks. It isn't the case that a QB is either great or is horrible. That's not the case. There are a couple of arguably great QBs. Then there are several pretty good QBs then there are several mediocre QBs then there are a few bad QBs.

So, why do you try to keep breaking them up into the categories of great or horrible. There's clearly a middle ground that you're trying to ignore so that you can call Plummer horrible just because he's not great.

Oh, and you keep up bringing up Cutler's decision making, but I already, in my very first post, pointed out that his 21 tds to 9 picks wasn't a bad average. Especially for an offense with no real weapons and for a team that plays in the SEC.

This is why people are saying that you are disregarding their posts. It's because you seem to only respond to whichever parts of a post suit you and ignore other parts without addressing them.

This gets irritating because we end up having to repeat ourselves. Overall, I've enjoyed our debate, but I'd enjoy it a lot more if I felt you were really reading my posts and considering my opinion. Instead, you are super-defensive and aren't really objectively debating.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

It is so easy to see that the Qb in the broncos offence is just another person in the system. Anytime you have one of the top run games in the league it almost certantly makes the qb job easier

Hello people out of 32 teams in the nfl the broncos ended up with the number 2 run offence. ( great job handing the ball off plummer) how do you think plummer would have did had the broncos running back suffered injury's like Tom Bradys running backs? The answer is terrible it would have forced the broncos to throw more like Brady had to, which would have eventually led to more turnovers like the AFC CHAMPION SHIP GAME

You see what seperates great QB's from bad ones is how well they can perform in a game when the pressure is on. Its 4th and 8, 2min left and your down by four, that is pressure. lets face it people, once playoff time hits the most posied QB'S who never get rattled usually perfrom the best example(Tom BRADY, VINCE YOUNG, MCNAAB, ELWAY, AND BIG BEN) and usually in the playoffs your facing the bets Defences who can shut down the run GAME EXAMPLE, 2006 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

ALL in all the reason for the Broncos succes this year was due to a oustanding run game and a much better defence. ladys and gents Champ bailey by himself had more interceptions then some entire organizations which came at crucial points in several GAMES. The only reason the Broncos beat the patriots was because of champ and a pass interference call which gave the broncos the ball on the 1 yard line.

I know I have not mentiond Cutler that much but come on 11-43 pretty much speaks for itself and they say that's pretty good considering the talent around and his offensive line. I don't no about you guys but almost every highlight I 've seen of Cutler he had time and space. I also had the chance to wacth Culter at the Combine and the senior bowl along with every other prospect. I will say this about Cutler he threw the ball harder at the combine then anybody there and he had the most veloctiy on all his passes, every ball he throws is pretty, but he has the tendancy to through those pretty balls right into the defenders hands, just as he did at the senior bowl, even at the combine he threw some off target passes that they don' talk about how he over throuh Jason AVANT on a simple post route.

Keep in mind people the drills they do at the combine have been the same for many years and since then the game has evolved. I'm extremly dissapointed they don't have a drill that rates the qb under pressure and you wonder why the 2005 number 1 draft pick had 1 td and eleven ints.

TO sum it up the only difference between Jay cutler AND JAKE PLUMMER is that Cutler is bigger and stronger but they are alike in many different ways interception prone and unproven in Big games, but it dose'nt matter the Broncos have won games with Gus furraut and Danny kaneil and yes I know I probally misspelled thier names. the point is the Broncos could make alot of sorry qb's look good because they will always have a good run game and a defence that is to be respected, besides the Broncos are winners loosing seasons are unexceptable.

BEST ROOKIE QBS
                    Omar jacobs, VINCE YOUNG, MARCUS VICK (Did you know Vick played up againts more top defensive prospects then any rookie qb, tripple the amount lineheart did and including number 1 draft pick who he beat.)

RB'S
                    Reggie BUSH, Brian callhoun

wideouts
                    sinorce moss, Ben obamanu, CHAS JACKSON, JASON AVANT,SANTONIO HOLMES MAURICE STOVALL

Tight ends
                    VERNON DAVIS, LEONARD POPE MERCEDS LEWIS.

MORE POSITIONS AND PROSPECTS NEXT POAST.
                    Vince Young hasn't even played a single down yet and you mention him in the same sentence as Brady and Roth!? That right there proves what I think of this thread. Pathetic. I don't even need to comment on the other stuff!

I also had trouble reading this, when are we gonna learn some proper grammer and spelling?

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I am a pat's fan and upset
                      Hey Legend What exactly are you getting at?? Your not responding to anyones coments on this thread that you have started. People have clearly comented on what you have said.. but you are unable to coment back?

I am sure every one else understands your are not a Bronco fan. Also how much you like some players.. the Pat's, and Bowling green.

Everything you have said is very uncredible, every one disagrees, and very far fetch.

Man... I have been waiting a day for you to respond off just my first response back to you.. I know you have been tring to make sure it's perfect but.. anyways

What is your point again this has been all over the place..

Comment

• Originally posted by NBudris
                        Read some more it is pretty funny.

You talk bad about Vick but on your post on pg 7 you metioned Whithurst as a possible pick for the Broncos, a guy who's Td -int ratio was 49-46 the only reason he got drafted was because his Daddy played for the packers Clemons is cool but come on now.

Comment

• Originally posted by NBudris
                          Hey Legend What exactly are you getting at?? Your not responding to anyones coments on this thread that you have started. People have clearly comented on what you have said.. but you are unable to coment back?

I am sure every one else understands your are not a Bronco fan. Also how much you like some players.. the Pat's, and Bowling green.

Everything you have said is very uncredible, every one disagrees, and very far fetch.

Man... I have been waiting a day for you to respond off just my first response back to you.. I know you have been tring to make sure it's perfect but.. anyways

What is your point again this has been all over the place..
                          It's cause he's getting owned left and right, that's why...

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

You talk bad about Vick but on your post on pg 7 you metioned Whithurst as a possible pick for the Broncos, a guy who's Td -int ratio was 49-46 the only reason he got drafted was because his Daddy played for the packers Clemons is cool but come on now.
                            Never mentioned him playing for the Broncos.. think I was saying they were better then Omar or somthing.. again your all of the place son

Comment

who other then jacobs was drafted from bowling green.
                              I think what is more relevant to the issue is who played the tougher schedule. According to this site,

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/sos/index.htm

Vanderbilt played the 4th toughest schedule in NCAA Div 1-AA last year.

Bowling Green played the 89th toughest schedule.

I'm not sure whether that ranking held up through the season, but on the face of it it appears to have been plenty challenging for Vanderbilt.

Comment

• One poster did say that Vandy did at least face some ranked teams where as Bowling Green didn't.
                                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X