Deltha O'Neal at WR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deltha O'Neal at WR?

He does have some hands on him, and with the lack of depth at WR he just might work... he just needs to block and catch not cover any one...he has been sitting in on the WR mettings this week, maybe that is why Mike closed practice?
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Re: Deltha O'Neal at WR?

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
    He does have some hands on him, and with the lack of depth at WR he just might work... he just needs to block and catch not cover any one...he has been sitting in on the WR mettings this week, maybe that is why Mike closed practice?
    Hey Oz I made an earlier case for Deltha at WR and Lelie at CB. We've all seen ashley knock down some very important passes.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Deltha O'Neal at WR?

Originally posted by pikman
      Hey Oz I made an earlier case for Deltha at WR and Lelie at CB. We've all seen ashley knock down some very important passes.
      well according to Rod Smith they just might be switching him over to the offense as he was former #1 draft pick...
      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Deltha O'Neal at WR?

well according to Rod Smith they just might be switching him over to the offense as he was former #1 draft pick...
        No offense meant, but how can he switch mid season and hope to pick up the complex Bronco offense ( and no, I don't need to hear any bs from the Chief fans about the complexity of our offensive game plan )?

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
        ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Never thought about that...he used to be a RB at Cal wasn't he?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Deltha at WR...

I went to college with that dude and for his first 2 years of college he was a HB, shifted to CB his junior year... He does have good hands... hell, as a Senior, he led our team in points--and he played DB. I'm all for doing whatever it takes to get this guy in a place where he can contribute, cause he sure is an amazing athelete. Maybe he could live up to his potential as an undersized wideout. Hate to see such amazing talent wasted.

Comment

Re: Deltha at WR...

Originally posted by SD-BlueCheese
              I went to college with that dude and for his first 2 years of college he was a HB, shifted to CB his junior year... He does have good hands... hell, as a Senior, he led our team in points--and he played DB. I'm all for doing whatever it takes to get this guy in a place where he can contribute, cause he sure is an amazing athelete. Maybe he could live up to his potential as an undersized wideout. Hate to see such amazing talent wasted.
              Mike Shanahan always said Deltha had the best hands on the team. What's interesting is Mike was asked how long Deltha had to learn the postion, and Mike said 4 days. Are we going to see Deltha in the wide receiver position against San Diego. This will be definitely interesting.

Maybe this is where he will shine...
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Re: Deltha at WR...

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                Mike Shanahan always said Deltha had the best hands on the team. What's interesting is Mike was asked how long Deltha had to learn the postion, and Mike said 4 days. Are we going to see Deltha in the wide receiver position against San Diego. This will be definitely interesting.

Maybe this is where he will shine...
                hopefully he will shine or he will be just another first round bust ( Middlebrooks, Ted Gregory...)
                Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Sometime the best defense is a good offense. (at least fro Deltha)

He can't get burned for TDs if he is on offense, and if it gives us another weapon, more power.

Deltha might have just made his greatest contribution to the defense.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Deltha at WR...

hopefully he will shine or he will be just another first round bust ( Middlebrooks, Ted Gregory...)
                    You know, every team has first round busts. That's why I think the Broncos should trade down in the draft EVERY season and get more picks for less money.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

We found TD in the sixth round, pot head (MA) in the sixth, OG in the fourth, CP in the second... looks like we have more luck in later rounds...
                      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

You forgot SS who was a 7th round if I remember correctly.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Hopefully it will be a smooth tranistion for Deltha going to WR. I'm not sure how many passes will be thrown his way or the impact he may have, but if he is able to contribute then I'm all for it. He has good open field moves as he has shown on punt returns and this may give him an opportunity to showcase an unexplored talent aspect. At any rate I wish him luck and I think it's nice to see a coach not give up on a guy especially after signing his likely replacement (Ryan McNeil). Go Broncos!!

Comment

This just maybe another way to start fazing Eddie Mac out?
                            Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

This just maybe another way to start fazing Eddie Mac out?
                              As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right ozzy. Eddie Mac has been one of my favorites on the team for years, but I'm afraid he might be past his prime.

But on the other hand, Deltha has the potential to be the true deep threat that we have been lacking for years and years. Also, Shannahan must have a lot of faith in him to switch him over in the middle of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X