why are the brncs 5-4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are the brncs 5-4?

why do you think the broncos are 5 and 4? they were doing so good before...
    jake plummer went down
    66.13%
    mike shanahan has a rat face
    8.06%
    the bad call in the pats game
    4.84%
    all of the above
    12.90%
    none of the above
    6.45%
    do you really give a damn anyway?
    1.61%
    In Seal Beach, takedown wins it and take out is king.

When we had Jake we were 4 - 1. Since we lost Jake we have lost 4 games and won one. Seems pretty elementary to me.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

i don't know why exactly, but i got a real kick out of the "because shanny has a rat face" option. maybe b/c it makes absolutely no sense in the context of the poll. anyway it made me laugh.
      sigpic
      go broncos
      share the sidewalk
      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
        i don't know why exactly, but i got a real kick out of the "because shanny has a rat face" option. maybe b/c it makes absolutely no sense in the context of the poll. anyway it made me laugh.
        some stupid kc fan in the "talking smack" forum was talking about how "you donkey fans and your rat face coach should learn..." blah blah blah.
        In Seal Beach, takedown wins it and take out is king.

Comment

thats ok, KC wont have much to talk about when they lose to the BENGALS.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
            When we had Jake we were 4 - 1. Since we lost Jake we have lost 4 games and won one. Seems pretty elementary to me.
            We actually lost 3 games and won one after jake went down (what you said would put us at 5-5), but I agree with your point.
            Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

Originally posted by elwaymvp
              We actually lost 3 games and won one after jake went down (what you said would put us at 5-5), but I agree with your point.
              You know I looked at that twice or three times when I posted it. Even added it up because it looked wrong. I was not counting the game Jake was in that we lost. My mistake.

Thanks for argreeing with the point, I know that was correct.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I'd go with "none of the above" on this. I do think that key injuries had a lot to do with this, but there's also other factors. We lost games that should have been won ( ie... the KC game as well as the NE game ) due to bad play calling as well as some officiating help.

Every week I see the same thing in the articles. <insert Broncs player interviewed here> " We are better than our record suggests. We're just having a hard time coming together as a team and playing to our potential "

Normally I wouldn't be so negative, but I'm getting tired of hearing this. One: Get over it... it's your job to play to your potential; you get paid very well to do so. Two: You have numerous mini camps and training camp to "come together as a team", so stop yacking and get out there and play ball. Three: Here's a concept... play to have fun instead of stressing the W/L record. I truly think that teams who have "fun" play better than those worried about every game. Our two SB teams can attribute to this.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                  I'd go with "none of the above" on this. I do think that key injuries had a lot to do with this, but there's also other factors. We lost games that should have been won ( ie... the KC game as well as the NE game ) due to bad play calling as well as some officiating help.

Every week I see the same thing in the articles. <insert Broncs player interviewed here> " We are better than our record suggests. We're just having a hard time coming together as a team and playing to our potential "

Normally I wouldn't be so negative, but I'm getting tired of hearing this. One: Get over it... it's your job to play to your potential; you get paid very well to do so. Two: You have numerous mini camps and training camp to "come together as a team", so stop yacking and get out there and play ball. Three: Here's a concept... play to have fun instead of stressing the W/L record. I truly think that teams who have "fun" play better than those worried about every game. Our two SB teams can attribute to this.

Nuff said...
                  You took the words right out of my mouth and said it better than I could, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
                    I'll bet we'll come up with something to say after we beat them though.
                    Win or lose i know you'll always have something to say.
                    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Chiefs fans may believe that Mike has a rat face; I wonder what Vermeil's face looks like. I can't see through the constant flow of his tears to get a good enough look.

I have been reading on the board from the KC fans about how injuries are no excuse... yada yada yada. I wonder what ol' Vermeil's reaction would have been had they had the same amount of injuries the Broncos have had. Remember when he lost Green in St. Louis? With our injuries you would have to hospitalize the guy!
                      Last edited by spikerman; 11-14-2003, 02:56 PM.
                      "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

last I checked...when he lost Green in St. Louis...he rolled up his sleeves...threw in his backup QB and won the Super Bowl. So I'd say Vermeil would tell you that injuries are mose definitely "an excuse"...but Vermeil doesn't use excuses...he plays the hand he's dealt.

True, however, I think almost any coach with that kind of talent can stand to lose one or two players and still be ok. Could Vermeil have stood to lose 7? Look, my point is not to make excuses, but a light hearted attempt to laugh at Vermeil's annoying habit of crying. Obviously the attempt failed and I apologize. You have to admit though, it gets old watching him mount his players on the sideline after a good play.
                        "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
                          True, however, I think almost any coach with that kind of talent can stand to lose one or two players and still be ok. Could Vermeil have stood to lose 7? Look, my point is not to make excuses, but a light hearted attempt to laugh at Vermeil's annoying habit of crying. Obviously the attempt failed and I apologize. You have to admit though, it gets old watching him mount his players on the sideline after a good play.
                          I know what you mean about the crying, etc. It was a lame act when he was doing it with St. Louis, but of course now it is endearing since it's my team.

Not to compare them personally, but it's kind of like the Romanowski thing: You love hiim if he's on your team, hate him if he's the opponent.

Personally, I kind of miss Romanowski playing. It was always fun to see a helmet come flying in late (usually not too late) on the pile.
                          Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
                            I know what you mean about the crying, etc. It was a lame act when he was doing it with St. Louis, but of course now it is endearing since it's my team.

Not to compare them personally, but it's kind of like the Romanowski thing: You love hiim if he's on your team, hate him if he's the opponent.

Personally, I kind of miss Romanowski playing. It was always fun to see a helmet come flying in late (usually not too late) on the pile.

hahahahaha.. I know what you mean. I can no longer stand to wear my Romanowski jersey. My wife never liked him. She always considered him a "bully". lol

Comment

last I checked...when he lost Green in St. Louis...he rolled up his sleeves...threw in his backup QB and won the Super Bowl. So I'd say Vermeil would tell you that injuries are mose definitely "an excuse"...but Vermeil doesn't use excuses...he plays the hand he's dealt.
                              I don't remember Shanny using injuries as an excuse. When asked he says the standard stuff that most coaches say like "This is the NFL. Injuries happen. You just have to deal with it."

But whether the coaches or players admit it, injuries will take a toll. Especially if you have little or no depth at QB.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X