A RB in Day1,Day2 or not at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A RB in Day1,Day2 or not at all

for any crack heads who think for one second that Denver would trade for either Jackson or Jones is smoking crack. If one did fall to us, we'd trade down for more picks. That said we'll most likely draft an insurance policy in either day 1, or day 2. Which day do you see us getting one, and supply a name if you want.
    Day 1
    35.71%
    Day 2
    21.43%
    Lets see what we got before we sweat too much
    35.71%
    I'm smoking sooo much crack that I'll ignore what we've done in the last decade and draft Jackson or Jones if they fall to us, even though we have other damn needs!!!
    7.14%

I don't think we should take one in the first round, especially if Ben Troupe is still available at 24, but if Jackson or Jones falls that far I say take them. The second round will still have some depth at positions we need, and we have two picks in that round. Of course Jackson and Jones won't be available so I say take Troupe in the first and go from there. Definitely take a WR or a DT in the second.

Comment

I don't think it matters...reading what bowlen had to say on nfl network, they've got their eyes on some rb's that they think will fit into the scheme of things......probably meaning round 4>.....
      First/foremost,we need help w/ol(2), wr(2),maybe lb & maybe te....IMO
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

MAYBE TE? That is an area that is gonna be in turmoil if Sharpe retires. Plummer needs a good TE, and Troupe is the MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
          Troupe is the MAN.
          No, Watson is the man

Comment

Why because he benches 535 pounds and is a bit faster than Troupe? No. Watson drops alot of balls, and isn't as big as Troupe is. Troupe is T.O.(minus the attitude) in a TE's body.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
              Why because he benches 535 pounds and is a bit faster than Troupe? No. Watson drops alot of balls, and isn't as big as Troupe is. Troupe is T.O.(minus the attitude) in a TE's body.
              I personally think that Watson is about the same as troupe if not better. Plus we can get Watson in the second round

Comment

I wouldn't sign or draft any at this point in time. We already have runningbacks...
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                  I wouldn't sign or draft any at this point in time. We already have runningbacks...
                  but not any GOOD runningbacks . . .

Comment

agree with rc

I completely agree with your assessment rc. I would be very surprised if they took ANY defensive players on day 1, and maybe few on day 2. It'll be a very offensive oriented draft year for the Broncos.

My best guess is that they will do just what O&B said if they see the opportunity at their pick to trade down for additionals if they feel they can get who they were thinking of a little bit later- they surely will.

Without some surprise of the draft falling into their lap on their turn- which has happened before- I am thinking though that they will go

1. WR
                    2a. TE
                    2b. WR
                    3. OL

Comment

did u consider terrell davis, olandis gary, mike anderson good before they were drafted and played a game with the broncs? No of course not, i doubt many even knew of these players, thats why they lasted till day 2 of the draft...our system will make a star out of galloway, sapp, or griffin and if we think we need to draft another 2nd day RB, then be my guest...we even have anderson...sheesh, lets not panick about RB and hope PLummer has a good year and that Lelie becomes the best WR in the league...

Comment

Originally posted by duaneok66
                        but not any GOOD runningbacks . . .

Um...where are you looking?

Their names are Quentin Griffin, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, Cecil Sapp, and potentially Ahmaad Galloway.

Do you not remember Anderson's breakout season? Sapp and Droughns filled in just fine last year, and Griffin obviously filled Portis' shoes greatly.

As I recall, our last four starting runningbacks have had record-breaking opening seasons. So why don't you just wait and see how Griffin does as a starter?
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                          Um...where are you looking?

I'm looking at your backfield . . . Shanahan is looking too and knows he needs a playmaker, which he currently doesn't have . . . translation: a RB will be picked by Denver in the first three rounds . . .

Comment

thats stupid

Comment

Working...
                            X