No announcement yet.

"D"s beefed up, what about the "O" now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "D"s beefed up, what about the "O" now?

Past few weeks weve done a great job of trying to beef up the "D" We brought in some good players and should improve over lasts years "D" which wasn't too bad. So the question I am wondering is what are we going to do to beef up the "O" or is Mike going to try to make us a 1 dimensional team?
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Re: "D"s beefed up, what about the "O" now?

Originally posted by Elway
    Past few weeks weve done a great job of trying to beef up the "D" We brought in some good players and should improve over lasts years "D" which wasn't too bad. So the question I am wondering is what are we going to do to beef up the "O" or is Mike going to try to make us a 1 dimensional team?

We have been consistently good with our offense. I really don't see that changing much for this year.

Comment

I just made a comment about that in another thread. We need a TE since Sharpe won't play in 2005 if he plays this year. Plummer needs someone that can bail him out and the TE position was vital in doing that last year. Ben Troupe, even though he doesn't run a 4.49 like Ben Watson does, is a better prospect and we'd be better if we picked him up.

I'd like to see us get another running back as well, especially since we have altered our O-line a bit. Q is little and may not be able to carry the load, Galloway is coming off a major knee injury, Anderson is getting old.....hell he was a 27 year old rookie in 2000. I think depth is a concern at that position, and this year's draft is pretty deep talent wise at the RB position.

Comment

Troupe or Watson it doesn't matter one of them better be in Orange and blue by the end of this damn draft. As for running back Kevin Jones probably willn't fall to us but if he does I'd gladly take him into the fold, we still do have Droughns as well he'll probably be like mike taking carries as RB and playing FB. We also need to address the offensive line we're getting shabby there.
        sigpic
        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

I'm thinking about when teams face us, who are they going to be threatened by... Smith is getting up there in age, Lelei didn't exactly put fear into CB's covering him, Portis is Gone, Sharpe undecided... Jake right now is our biggest weapon, but he is going to need more than Droughns to pack a punch and put some points on the board. I don't see us having an "IT" guy right now.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Well the WR corps is young outside of Smith nobody on the roster has more the 5 years of experience, Lelie's runner up with 3 not many of them got PT but according to kubiak and the other guys on O they are high on Madise, jackson and adams. WE'll just have to wait and see what happens with these guys I see us drafting a WR in the 1st round or the early 2nd round.
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Even though we got blown out in that Playoff loss the the Colts, Adams looked like he could be a good WR if given the chance. He's faster than Madise as well.

Comment

The "Mastermind of Offense" Mike Shanahan will figure out a way to get points with our boys. Did yall forget about Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie I mean those are 2 premier WR's. Quentin Griffin will handle the running along with Mike Anderson with our awesome O line, the cornerstone of our O, leading the way. Shannon Sharpe mixin it up still. We just need to draft good talent in the draft for the future, maybe we get lucky with an immediate impact player, but I'm predicting Super Bowl already.

Holla if ya hear me
                Die Hard Broncos fan in Texas

Steve is tha man !!! The Lynch mob in effect !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lelie is far from a "premiere receiver". He actually regressed in 2003 and still dropped alot of easy ones, but Smith was inconsistent as well. I think were hurting at WR, and we are gonna really be hurt if Sharpe retires. Thank god for this year's deep draft at WR and THREE sure fire NFL-caliber TEs.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-N-Horns
                    The "Mastermind of Offense" Mike Shanahan will figure out a way to get points with our boys. Did yall forget about Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie I mean those are 2 premier WR's. Quentin Griffin will handle the running along with Mike Anderson with our awesome O line, the cornerstone of our O, leading the way. Shannon Sharpe mixin it up still. We just need to draft good talent in the draft for the future, maybe we get lucky with an immediate impact player, but I'm predicting Super Bowl already.

Holla if ya hear me
                    Lelie needs to do ALOT better than he did last year . . .

Comment

Originally posted by duaneok66
                      Lelie needs to do ALOT better than he did last year . . .
                      He will.

Comment

Lets trade up and take Larry Fitzgeral.

lol we'll give up ian gold shannon sharpe and this years #1
                        Die Hard Broncos fan in Texas

Steve is tha man !!! The Lynch mob in effect !!!!!!!!!

Comment

no

Comment

I'd rather have Michael Williams that Fitzgerald. He's faster, bigger and has better hands. More mature from what the scouts say too.

Comment

it's just that easy . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X