Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPORTSCENTER Ultimate Pass Defense Depth Chart Horrible Ranking!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPORTSCENTER Ultimate Pass Defense Depth Chart Horrible Ranking!!

How in the world do those three stooges rank our pass defense at #19. First of all we finished last year ranked inside the top 10 with an injured Champ Bailey all season, two rookie corners who sometimes started together, and a new Browns frontline. It is total team pass defense from the front 7 to the secondary and there going to say #19. We have the best corner in the NFL, two more experienced 2nd and 3rd string corners, John Lynch, a nasty linebacking core of Al Wilson, Ian Gold, and DJ Williams, and a D-line with more experience in the system who may not gets sakcs, but rush the qb. And with their formula for the rankings using last year top 10 rankings, we should at least be around there.

yea I was very disturbed by our ranking when I saw it this morning
    I will be a Denver Bronco for life. Nothing else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBash24
      How in the world do those three stooges rank our pass defense at #19. First of all we finished last year ranked inside the top 10 with an injured Champ Bailey all season, two rookie corners who sometimes started together, and a new Browns frontline. It is total team pass defense from the front 7 to the secondary and there going to say #19. We have the best corner in the NFL, two more experienced 2nd and 3rd string corners, John Lynch, a nasty linebacking core of Al Wilson, Ian Gold, and DJ Williams, and a D-line with more experience in the system who may not gets sakcs, but rush the qb. And with their formula for the rankings using last year top 10 rankings, we should at least be around there.
      uhhhh

no

our Defensive line, as they said it themselves is the reason we are down at 19 we lost Pryce, although he didnt do much last season, hes been a contributor for years for us, they said that they dont want us to rely on rushing the QB with our secondary, and linebackers. they also said that we have the best trio of linebackers in the league and an up and coming secondary with D-Will and Foxworth

This ranking, along with all the others we have been given...i agree with

Comment

however we will be much better than they project, they just have doubts about our line........as do I

Comment

Our pass rush is pathetic. I would have ranked us much lower based on that alone...say in the 20's. Where did we finish ranked against the pass last year? I think we finished 29th in pass defense.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
            Our pass rush is pathetic. I would have ranked us much lower based on that alone...say in the 20's. Where did we finish ranked against the pass last year? I think we finished 29th in pass defense.
            exactly....people are looking too much at our secondary based on our rankings "WHAT!?!?!?!we have Champ! we have D-Will, We have Lynch!"

yes......we have them, but we have one of the worst D-lines in the league, and thats where pass defense starts

Comment

One more interesting thing to point out, our AFC West rivals, all were in the 24-32 range

Oakland was 32
              the Cheifs were 24 if i remember correctly
              and the Chargers were at the bottom along with the Raiders

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                exactly....people are looking too much at our secondary based on our rankings "WHAT!?!?!?!we have Champ! we have D-Will, We have Lynch!"

yes......we have them, but we have one of the worst D-lines in the league, and thats where pass defense starts
                We don't have one of the worst d-lines. We just used the d-line to stop the run rather than rush the passer. They always had to play run first(except maybe obvious pass downs) and Shanny has said that many times. Now they are switching to just letting them rush the passer all out this year so we will see how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                  We don't have one of the worst d-lines. We just used the d-line to stop the run rather than rush the passer. They always had to play run first(except maybe obvious pass downs) and Shanny has said that many times. Now they are switching to just letting them rush the passer all out this year so we will see how it works out.
                  i believe we do, none of them are that experienced, or even that good stats-wise

if you look at each of the top teams ranked, they all have a good pass rush

Carolina was number 1, and their D-line, (as the sportscenter anchors said) is a huge part of it

so obviously, im not ranking this, im just going by their ranking scale, starting with the D-line

Comment

Our D-line has to prov its self first to have us go up in the rankings.
                    Jorden

Comment

I bet it was brought down by Nick Ferguson.(the ball went right through his hands in the ENDZONE)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                        One more interesting thing to point out, our AFC West rivals, all were in the 24-32 range

Oakland was 32
                        the Cheifs were 24 if i remember correctly
                        and the Chargers were at the bottom along with the Raiders
                        I could have swore that oakland finished 18th last year in pass defense......
                        "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

worthless rankings

we lost nothing- statistically speaking- from the d-line and we add experience and

a healthy number one c.b. to a top ten defense from last year. I think they need

to loosen up those neck ties.....i mean c'mon- arizona and minnesota ranked

ahead of us? Do Salisbury and Golic share one brain?

Breathe in Sean breathe out Mike

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
                            I could have swore that oakland finished 18th last year in pass defense......
                            yes, you could

but i could have sworn that you lost Charles Woodson, which is the biggest reason why they were down so low

Comment

Originally posted by jhns

That means our pass rush from the DL SUCKS has for almost a decade, and because they have really not addressed the DL like the other teams early on the draft it will continue to SUCK.

If you buy into that company line crap of "switching to just letting them rush the passer all out this year" , I have some ocean front beach property in El Paso for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X