Sportscenter Ultimate Depth Chart Rush Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportscenter Ultimate Depth Chart Rush Defense

Finally we are getting some respect. Salisbury and the crew ranked the Broncos in at #6. #1 Chargers, #2 Panthers, #3 Ravens, #4 Bears, #5 Steelers, #7 Pats, #8 Seahawks. Also an added note was the Salisbury said that he would never want to face the Broncos Linebacking core, he said "Show me a better linebacking crew than those guys, I wouldn't mess with them."

Originally posted by BroncoBash24
    Finally we are getting some respect. Salisbury and the crew ranked the Broncos in at #6. #1 Chargers, #2 Panthers, #3 Ravens, #4 Bears, #5 Steelers, #7 Pats, #8 Seahawks. Also an added note was the Salisbury said that he would never want to face the Broncos Linebacking core, he said "Show me a better linebacking crew than those guys, I wouldn't mess with them."
    I think they still gave us respect where it is due. We have a great run D, arguably the best LB core, yet our pass rush nearly negates our good secondary.

And now the Pats can say they get some respect too at the #7 spot!

Comment

.......so you want them to say we are better than we are? 19 is right for our Pass D as far as talent goes, RB is good at 13 i think it was

QB is definatly a 10, and our WRs are at the mid of the league......so annoying

Comment

Well, I would have ranked the Pats run D much better. When they were fully healthy in their last six games, they allowed only 3.2 yards per carry.

And while we do have a badass linebacking corps, we still allowed 4.0 yards per carry.

Now, the high yards per carry can be explained by the fact that we allowed some long draw plays on our nickle defense late in games which we had the lead, but still, our average was just that. It was average.

Our DVOA ranking was 14th which is in the average range. Last year our 3.8 yards per carry was better, but we belong in the teens more thant he top ten in run defense.

Even that better performance last year wouldn't have had us in the top ten.

Our pass defense was significantly superior to our run defense. Our run defense was ranked too high and our pass defense too low.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Now were talking...it looks like someone is finally WATCHING THE MIDDLE....

Comment

Wow, that's surprising

I half expected these windbags to slam us down to 32 because we axed Trevor Pryce.

Comment

I think they have been doing a pretty good job ranking. And didn't they say that getting T.Pryce bumped Baltimore up?
              ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_girl47
                I think they have been doing a pretty good job ranking. And didn't they say that getting T.Pryce bumped Baltimore up?
                Wouldn't surprise me either. Trevor was ranked as the 31st worst run defending end by DVOA (Football Outsiders).

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                  Well, I would have ranked the Pats run D much better. When they were fully healthy in their last six games, they allowed only 3.2 yards per carry.

And while we do have a badass linebacking corps, we still allowed 4.0 yards per carry.

Now, the high yards per carry can be explained by the fact that we allowed some long draw plays on our nickle defense late in games which we had the lead, but still, our average was just that. It was average.

Our DVOA ranking was 14th which is in the average range. Last year our 3.8 yards per carry was better, but we belong in the teens more thant he top ten in run defense.

Even that better performance last year wouldn't have had us in the top ten.

Our pass defense was significantly superior to our run defense. Our run defense was ranked too high and our pass defense too low.
                  I agree that our run defense was misleading. They, I assume, looked only at total yards. Since the Broncos jumped out to leads, our opponents were forced to abandone the run. This Made our rushing defense per game look better and our pass defense per game look weaker.

Comment

Yea I saw that! Yea what can we say? our LB's are great! and the poor raiders at no. 32!!! lmao
                    Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

Yeah, we own
                      sigpic

Comment

I dont get how the Chargers are number 1.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                          The Chargers are #1 b/c their Run D is Amazing. Fortunately for us, they dont have any corners so their pass D sucks.

As for us, I think our run D is top 10. we have the best (maybe seymor is better) DE in the league against the run in Brown. Warren commands a double team and myers is solid. plus we have the best LBs in the league.

I dissagree on where they put our pass D. yes we didnt get sacks, but we got a ton of QB pressures which led to turnovers. We have 2 good corners and one amazing corner. our safeties are underrated in pass coverage and our LBs cover a ton of space. we should've been in the top 8

Comment

I like #6, but I thought we would be a little higher...like top 3 or 4

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                              Well, overall, San Diego was number one in yards per game against the run and I'll bet that's why they gave them the ranking.

They were second in the league in yards allowed per attempt.

Really, that's not bad. In fact, it's pretty good. Especially when you consider that they faced us and KC twice just in our division. That makes it hard on a run defense.
                              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                              . Post Your Artwork .
                              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X