No announcement yet.

Sportscenter Ultimate Depth Chart Rush Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really annoys me about those rankings is where the "Fans" rank them. The Steelers are #1 in every category. Even Pass defense!

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Yesterday when I was talking about the pass-rush I mentioned we deserved a mid # in comparison to a lot of other teams and that we would be some where between 6-10.

So just wanted to say told you so neee neeer nee neeer (joking)

Comment

Again giving the Chiefs the shaft. First they give our WRs AND TE the 22nd rank even though we had the second most recieving yards in the NFL. Then now they gave just like the 21st ranked rush defense. We were 7th last year, we didnt loose anyone and we got a DE that is better than Hick IMO.

So why would we drop from 7th ro 21st????
        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
          Again giving the Chiefs the shaft. First they give our WRs AND TE the 22nd rank even though we had the second most recieving yards in the NFL. Then now they gave just like the 21st ranked rush defense. We were 7th last year, we didnt loose anyone and we got a DE that is better than Hick IMO.

Duh, because noone likes the Chiefs. Plus obviously now that you have a defensive head coach your defense is going to get that much worse.

Comment

Oh How cute, the media darlings get #3.

Ray Lewis is getting old and his body has been wearing down. It is only obvious how many games has he missed these last 3 years? A lot. I guess they give them that ranking because of Haloti Ngata, a rookie. Plus they have the Browns pass defense (#24) worse than the run defense (#19)? The Browns are in the top half of the league with the pass defense. But rush defense - even I won't go there. I guess Mount Washington and McGinest are the reasons they did that? Ngata is unproven and hasn't done jack with the Ravens yet the Ravens automatically get #3 for sentimental reasons and the Browns get #19 because they (ESPN) forgot about the team and decided it was time to put them up on the board.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
              Duh, because noone likes the Chiefs. Plus obviously now that you have a defensive head coach your defense is going to get that much worse.
              I hope this is sarcasm.

Originally posted by Dawgfan
              Oh How cute, the media darlings get #3.

Ray Lewis is getting old and his body has been wearing down. It is only obvious how many games has he missed these last 3 years? A lot. I guess they give them that ranking because of Haloti Ngata, a rookie. Plus they have the Browns pass defense (#24) worse than the run defense (#19)? The Browns are in the top half of the league with the pass defense. But rush defense - even I won't go there. I guess Mount Washington and McGinest are the reasons they did that? Ngata is unproven and hasn't done jack with the Ravens yet the Ravens automatically get #3 for sentimental reasons and the Browns get #19 because they (ESPN) forgot about the team and decided it was time to put them up on the board.
              OK this is getting really old. The Browns suck, period. Their pass D sucks their Run D sucks. Ray Lewis is still the best LB in the legue, Ngata is unproven? Um DT alot of times are proven going into the NFL. All they have to do is take up space and draw Double teams. Ex. Vince Wilfork great DT even as a rookie.

Browns have bad CBs, bad S's and even worse DL. The Ravens Defense is good and the Browns defense sucks get used to it. Thats how it is.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

OK this is getting really old.
                Then Ignore my posts !

Quite simple really...

Plus it is my OPINION.

You get all bent out of shape when I talk about the Browns.
                Last edited by Dawgfan; 06-30-2006, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                  .......so you want them to say we are better than we are? 19 is right for our Pass D as far as talent goes, RB is good at 13 i think it was

QB is definatly a 10, and our WRs are at the mid of the league......so annoying
                  no what you meant to say was 19 is right for our production...as our dline is one of the most talented..hence why there are 3 1st rounders....its the production that is why they are ranked low....

and our Run d is tops..i mean we were ranked 2 i nthe league and now a sudden drop...but still good ranking

Comment

Age is probably a factor. I mean Trent Green is like 35 and Eddie Kennison is getting up there and Tony G is like 30. Age is a definate factor.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56
                      no what you meant to say was 19 is right for our production...as our dline is one of the most talented..hence why there are 3 1st rounders....its the production that is why they are ranked low....

and our Run d is tops..i mean we were ranked 2 i nthe league and now a sudden drop...but still good ranking
                      The problem is that when you talk about that ranking of second in the league, you are refering to the yards allowed per game ranking which we did rank well on, BUT we faced the fewest rush attempts in the league by a pretty wide margin.

You see, we often got large leads early and teams would be forced to pass to catch up. After they abandoned the run, of course we saw fewer yards against us. Still, on any given play, we gave up about the league average number of yards which is not bad, but is not nearly as few as people credit us for.

It is for this type of dynamic that per game statistics are notoriously unreliable, yet they are the most often cited. And this is a mistake. Per attempt statistics mean so much more and the types of statistics that detail success rates and metrics of different situations give us an even better understanding of how a team has done.

Of traditional run statistics, yards per carry gives the best baseline.
                      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                      . Post Your Artwork .
                      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                        The problem is that when you talk about that ranking of second in the league, you are refering to the yards allowed per game ranking which we did rank well on, BUT we faced the fewest rush attempts in the league by a pretty wide margin.

You see, we often got large leads early and teams would be forced to pass to catch up. After they abandoned the run, of course we saw fewer yards against us. Still, on any given play, we gave up about the league average number of yards which is not bad, but is not nearly as few as people credit us for.

It is for this type of dynamic that per game statistics are notoriously unreliable, yet they are the most often cited. And this is a mistake. Per attempt statistics mean so much more and the types of statistics that detail success rates and metrics of different situations give us an even better understanding of how a team has done.

Of traditional run statistics, yards per carry gives the best baseline.
                        On the not running after we got a lead.

Seems to me that many folks got big yards the few times they tired it . Also seem to think that LJ had his way with us in KC, was pretty much untouchable/stoppable.

If those was the case some of our other numbers should have even been better.

Just a thought Not an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          On the not running after we got a lead.

Seems to me that many folks got big yards the few times they tired it . Also seem to think that LJ had his way with us in KC, was pretty much untouchable/stoppable.

If those was the case some of our other numbers should have even been better.

Just a thought Not an argument.
                          I completely agree with that.

We definitely gave up some big yardage on draw plays against our nickle defense. And when such draw plays make up a good number of the runs you face, it can skew your run defense to a degree.

Still, we weren't an elite unit. I'd say a slightly above average unit (Like when we averaged 3.8 yards per carry last year.) We weren't fantastic, but we were around a 10-15 unit. DVOA had us ranked 14th.
                          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                            Age is probably a factor. I mean Trent Green is like 35 and Eddie Kennison is getting up there and Tony G is like 30. Age is a definate factor.
                            Yeah Trent Green has only been the second best QB for the last 3 years, TG has only been the best TE since Green got here, and Eddie has completely sucked with Trent Green too

Age is a factor, yes thats a good point, but you used bad examples. But anyway the Ravens D might be aging they arent too old to still be the best defense in the league.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Age is a factor, yes thats a good point, but you used bad examples. But anyway the Ravens D might be aging they arent too old to still be the best defense in the league.
                              I highly disagree. For one:

Ray Lewis in the last 64 games (4 seasons) has started a whopping 42 games. How many games does that mean he's missed? That is 22 games! He has missed 22 games in the last four seasons. Is that reliable? I would say no. When is the last time Ray Lewis had more than a single interception? 2003! When is the last time Ray Lewis had more than 1.5 sacks? 2001! When is the last time Ray Lewis had 100+ Tackles? 2004. Edgerton Hartwell came to save the day a few years ago when Lewis was hurt. Where is he now? Atlanta!! Who will save the day if Lewis gets hurt again? Bart Scott. Bart Who? Remember how amazing Samari Rolle is? How many interceptions did he have last year? 1! Just a single interception in 16 games! How many interceptions did that amazing defense have last year? 12 total! Their leading rusher had how many touchdowns? 3! That is only one more than Reuben Droughns and remember how much you say he sucks because he had only 2 touchdowns. What about Lewis? Why don't you complain about him sucking?

What do all those numbers mean? The team is in Decline! They are going South for the Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                                I highly disagree. For one:

Ray Lewis in the last 64 games (4 seasons) has started a whopping 42 games. How many games does that mean he's missed? That is 22 games! He has missed 22 games in the last four seasons. Is that reliable? I would say no. When is the last time Ray Lewis had more than a single interception? 2003! When is the last time Ray Lewis had more than 1.5 sacks? 2001! When is the last time Ray Lewis had 100+ Tackles? 2004. Edgerton Hartwell came to save the day a few years ago when Lewis was hurt. Where is he now? Atlanta!! Who will save the day if Lewis gets hurt again? Bart Scott. Bart Who? Remember how amazing Samari Rolle is? How many interceptions did he have last year? 1! Just a single interception in 16 games! How many interceptions did that amazing defense have last year? 12 total! Their leading rusher had how many touchdowns? 3! That is only one more than Reuben Droughns and remember how much you say he sucks because he had only 2 touchdowns. What about Lewis? Why don't you complain about him sucking?

What do all those numbers mean? The team is in Decline! They are going South for the Winter.
                                Those number prove that they lost an important part of the thier D. AKA Saragusa(i know the spelling is way off) Now that they have another big body in middle, we will see what happens. But Im telling you the Ravens willbe a top 5 D and have a great chance to be #1.

Um i actually like Rueben and didnt dawg on him. But i think Jamal has a problem that happens to guys in jail related to a shower.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X