Draft stance after Lynch & Bailey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft stance after Lynch & Bailey

Well, after we've picked up what seems to be a dozen defensive free agents since the offseason began (I'm not complaining, just stating the facts), I have to believe that Shanny will go heavy on offense with our first 3 draft selections, one 1st rounder, and two 2nd rounders.

Only debate left between us loyal fans seems to be... Q is the man, so go heavy on WR's with those picks, or Q is not the man so go RB with the first pick, which spawns a last debate as to which RB to select?

My take -

Q is not the man (just a gut feeling, nothing personal with the guy), so, if you think you can get Julius Jones or Tatum Bell with that early 2nd round pick, then grab a WR in round one (Lee Evans), and then gobble up your RB with the early round two spot.

How do you guys feel?

I love Lee Evans. However, we're gonna need a LB with the loss of Gold. If we could pick like this:

1. Lee Evans
    2a. Boulware
    2b. Running Back or O-lineman
    3. Running Back or O-lineman

I'd be a happy man. Lee Evans could challenge Lelie and Boulware could fill Gold's role. I don't think we should worry TOO much about RB (don't use one of first two picks). Mike Anderson, Ruben Droughns, Q, and Galloway ought to be able to find 1,500 yards, collectively.

Comment

I'll keep saying this till I'm blue in the face, but I still think our weakest area is DL. No offense to the vets we just picked up, but the entire rotation is getting long in the tooth. We need quality depth now imho.

I also think we need to look at WR and the O Line.

Nuff said....

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
      ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
        I'll keep saying this till I'm blue in the face, but I still think our weakest area is DL. No offense to the vets we just picked up, but the entire rotation is getting long in the tooth. We need quality depth now imho.

I also think we need to look at WR and the O Line.

Nuff said....
        I agree that the defensive line could use some more help.

I think that the Broncos should take a running back, wide receiver or defensive line with their first few picks. And do it by simply picking whoever is the best player available out of those three positions from whoever is left when they pick.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I can see the point about the DL. I think we corner the market on 34yr. old DL men, but just by sheer volume, I see Shanny going WR or RB or TE (if Sharpe retires) with the first 3 draft picks.

DL may still be a BIG need, but just the fact that Shanny signed so many tells me that he 'fixed' this problem via FA's. If his plan was to draft heavy on DL in the draft, then why sign so many vets? I'm not saying all of these FA vets solved our DL issues, but I think Shanny is saying it did, without saying it.

I think Denver would be foolish not to go heavy on WR/RB/OL in this draft. There are more top skill players available this year than defensive standouts, imo.

Comment

the only two backs with first round grade are Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson. The rest of them all fall in the later 2nd round and beyond. The #41 pick is too high on a RB. We have bigger needs at

OLB
            WR
            TE
            DT
            OG

then

RB
            QB -- backup style

Comment

what????

How do you propose we get Sean Taylor? we'd have to give an arm and a leg to move up that far. Plus Vilma won't be around for our 2a pick and watson won't be around for our 2b pick. Tatum Bell can't block worth **** and would be useless at pass protection. just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
                im sorry but with lee evans injury and his risky ness to do it again he will be a 4th rounder no 1st sorry....
                heres mine....
                1.sean taylor we are still weak on the other half as far as cover skills go
                2.john vilma...replace gold
                2ndb.ben watson to help replace sharpe
                3.tatum bell if we dont pick up a back
                Sorry dude but O&B is right. Taylor is an easy top 10 pick, and Vilma MIGHT be gone for our first round pick let alone our 2nd. I would love to get watson but it would be a risk to not take him with 2a and try to pick him up at 2b. Tatum would be a sweet pick-up but we have more needs ahead of him.

Comment

Firstly, did ya'll forget about the 3 DL drafted last year? Eason had 2 sacks in his 1st ever game situation.....could be a force at DT. Mitchell was hurt last year and is yet to be seen at DE, but is supposedly a good player.
                  We need help on the O side - FIRST! Oline, WR, TE, backup qb(maybe), plus you KNOW shanny will draft another rb(a given).
                  Then, they can look at the D side....LB, DE, etc....
                  Plus, come June, there'll be some cap cuts so don't forget about that.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

After snagging alot of defense in the FA and gold still out in limbo I think we should still draft heavy on offense this year just for the simple fact that our team is ran by an offensive mastermind. Shanahan is known for his offensive ability and his defensive abilities just aren't as good, we need a TE,WR and an O-Line with our 1st 3 picks. Preferably in that order, though Shanahan might go and get a LB with our late 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder if Gold doesn't wake up and smell the coffee and come win some rings with us.
                    sigpic
                    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Re: Draft stance after Lynch & Bailey

Originally posted by bry422
                      Well, after we've picked up what seems to be a dozen defensive free agents since the offseason began (I'm not complaining, just stating the facts), I have to believe that Shanny will go heavy on offense with our first 3 draft selections, one 1st rounder, and two 2nd rounders.

Only debate left between us loyal fans seems to be... Q is the man, so go heavy on WR's with those picks, or Q is not the man so go RB with the first pick, which spawns a last debate as to which RB to select?

My take -

Q is not the man (just a gut feeling, nothing personal with the guy), so, if you think you can get Julius Jones or Tatum Bell with that early 2nd round pick, then grab a WR in round one (Lee Evans), and then gobble up your RB with the early round two spot.

How do you guys feel?
                      If Jones or Bell aren't available...I say go with Chris Perry.
                      The best ever!

Comment

WE NEED a RB. Maybe Q is the good which someone I am doubting he is gonna live up to a Denver RB reputation especially after his injury last year. Andersen needs to stay at FB.
                        Go runningback 1st round and take a WR or TE high in the second round. I would go with a TE, WR, or OL 2b and a LB 3rd round if they would like.

Comment

Re: Re: Draft stance after Lynch & Bailey

Originally posted by LynchRules
                          If Jones or Bell aren't available...I say go with Chris Perry.
                          More than likely Perry will be selected before Jones or Bell. But I think Perry is overrated anyway.

As I have stated several times this is what I think will happen.

According to sources inside the Broncos organization they are very high Randy Starks (DT from Maryland). From initial projections he is listed as going in the late teens. If the Broncos think a trade is possible to move up and get him they will. If not they will probably get a WR (Woods), then in the second get troupe or watson and an OLB (DJ Williams, etc), then in the third they could probably get Jones or Bell (RB). Then rest of the draft address areas of depth or best available.
                          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by bronocoman5
                            WE NEED a RB. Maybe Q is the good which someone I am doubting he is gonna live up to a Denver RB reputation especially after his injury last year. Andersen needs to stay at FB.
                            Go runningback 1st round and take a WR or TE high in the second round. I would go with a TE, WR, or OL 2b and a LB 3rd round if they would like.
                            Shanny will never take a RB in the first round, not when he is able to get late round picks that produce.
                            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Draft stance after Lynch & Bailey

Originally posted by rascal
                              More than likely Perry will be selected before Jones or Bell. But I think Perry is overrated anyway.

As I have stated several times this is what I think will happen.

According to sources inside the Broncos organization they are very high Randy Starks (DT from Maryland). From initial projections he is listed as going in the late teens. If the Broncos think a trade is possible to move up and get him they will. If not they will probably get a WR (Woods), then in the second get troupe or watson and an OLB (DJ Williams, etc), then in the third they could probably get Jones or Bell (RB). Then rest of the draft address areas of depth or best available.
                              Good point. I'm huge on Chris Perry man. He's gonna mature into an amazing RB. Way better than most who have come out of Michigan the past few years.
                              The best ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X