Brandon Marshal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshal

When do you guys think he'll start palying? If he ever does.

Hes going to get some snaps this year i would think, if Lelie doesnt play

Comment

He should play in pre-season...

I think if Lelie does not come back for another year he will receive some snaps during regular season but depends how well he does in camp and pre-season. I want to say he will end up being 4th WR if Lelie does not come back.

In addition with him being #4 I think he will fall between terrel and Watts some where.

Comment

If he has a good preseason and camp I would think he will get some play time. Even if Lelie returns, he will most likely be a situational guy that comes in to run routes over the middle and in the red zone due to his size. This will be especially true if he can catch the ball like he did in college by pretty much using his size to block defenders off from the path of the ball. It would be nice to see him turn into the next T.O. though since he catches the ball the same way and has the same size and speed. They were even drafted around the same spot so it will be interesting to see what he can do. I would love to see us have Walker and Baby T.O. as our 1 and 2 when Rod leaves since we all know we wont have Lelie for sure after this season if he doesn't leave before it.

Comment

Basketball style

Originally posted by jhns
          If he has a good preseason and camp I would think he will get some play time. Even if Lelie returns, he will most likely be a situational guy that comes in to run routes over the middle and in the red zone due to his size. This will be especially true if he can catch the ball like he did in college by pretty much using his size to block defenders off from the path of the ball. It would be nice to see him turn into the next T.O. though since he catches the ball the same way and has the same size and speed. They were even drafted around the same spot so it will be interesting to see what he can do. I would love to see us have Walker and Baby T.O. as our 1 and 2 when Rod leaves since we all know we wont have Lelie for sure after this season if he doesn't leave before it.
          Great post! I'm hoping for the same thing!

The guy runs receiver like a post-up basketball player. If he can create a little space between himself and corners and continue to use his height and size to his advantage, he could turn out to be a great WR.

Here's hoping he adopts the Smith work ethic and the T.O. toolset.

Comment

I think Marshall shall be a key component in our Red Zone offense and will see time at the 4th WR spot and possibly even the 3rd WR spot depending on how that war goes in TC and the preseason. Hopefully Watts wins out the #3 spot he has the most experience in our system and knows how to get open. The only thing holding him back are his hands, but Shanahan said he was looking good in the camps. So hopefully that transitions over to TC & Preseason.
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by dare2bme
              Great post! I'm hoping for the same thing!

The guy runs receiver like a post-up basketball player. If he can create a little space between himself and corners and continue to use his height and size to his advantage, he could turn out to be a great WR.

Here's hoping he adopts the Smith work ethic and the T.O. toolset.

I agree with both of you. He will replace the Wesley Duke type plays near the goal line and in the red zone. Kudos to you.

I would give a CP but (you have used too much contributor status in the last 24 hrs try again later. )
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

IMHO, Watts will lock down the #3 spot, with or without Lelie.

Then depending on what happens with Lelie, I think it will be a battle between Terrell and Marshall, with Terrell probably having an adge because he's more experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                  IMHO, Watts will lock down the #3 spot, with or without Lelie.

Then depending on what happens with Lelie, I think it will be a battle between Terrell and Marshall, with Terrell probably having an adge because he's more experienced.
                  You really think he will get the #3 w/Lelie on the field?

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris

Lelie wont be the number 3 guy. He is in Shanny's dog house. He will be lucky if he gets to play at all. But I do think he will play as a number 4 or 5.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                      Lelie wont be the number 3 guy. He is in Shanny's dog house. He will be lucky if he gets to play at all. But I do think he will play as a number 4 or 5.
                      I will tell you now that there is no way he sits a better player for any reason. You think T.O. was on the good side of any of his coaches for the last 8 years. Coaches don't sit players for trying to hold out before the season. Lelie will be #3 if he returns to the team. If you want an example of this look at all the receivers to ever hold out and come back, not one sat because of it....

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                        I will tell you now that there is no way he sits a better player for any reason. You think T.O. was on the good side of any of his coaches for the last 8 years. Coaches don't sit players for trying to hold out before the season. Lelie will be #3 if he returns to the team. If you want an example of this look at all the receivers to ever hold out and come back, not one sat because of it....
                        You don't want to be in Mikey's doghouse no matter who you are.

After all that has happened so far, I doubt one that he will be back, If he is he will be deactivated for most of the year.

there are lessons to be taught here.

BTW 40 some odd catches and 1 TD are not all that hard to replace. Not with teh potential talent that is gonna be in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          You don't want to be in Mikey's doghouse no matter who you are.

After all that has happened so far, I doubt one that he will be back, If he is he will be deactivated for most of the year.

there are lessons to be taught here.

BTW 40 some odd catches and 1 TD are not all that hard to replace. Not with teh potential talent that is gonna be in camp.
                          He is still the better player and no matter what happens that is all that matters. I also doubt that he will be back, but if he does return he will be given the #3 spot and it will be his to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris

I think it;s a possibility that Watts/Terrel/Marshall(one of them) could see the field with Lelie there.

Lelie will play, but IMHO, Shanahan will not spend alot of time on someone who doesn't want to be here/won't be here next year, when there are 3 very proimising young players that could show alot of development throughout the year.

Lelie should embrace any moment he see's on the field, and continue to work his azz off in practice. Everything else he has going against him at the moment, as far as his place with Denver, and how other team's are seeing him/will see him for next year.

Comment

What about Javon and Rod as 1 and 2 recievers and giving marshall time at te? You guys have even said it he plays like a basketball player and uses his body well.

Comment

Working...
                              X