Don Banks: Broncos "gained a bunch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Banks: Broncos "gained a bunch"

I'm a little bored with the discussions here this morning - although I'm not sure this will help, but here it goes anyway....

In his article Don Banks breaks down the offseason movement so far including a blurb whether each team gained or lost ground. While there are several teams that gained ground according to him, the Broncos "gained a bunch" - the only team with that specific praise.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...akers/?cnn=yes

Personally, I have to agree.
    Winter is Coming!

MNG,

I liked the article. Thanks for pointing to it for us. I too feel that we gained a bunch in this FA period. I would have liked to see Gold re-signed, but I think his greed is going to get the better of him. Other than that, we did very well imho ( even in losing CP ).

I'm glad we picked up some vet leadership to help the rotation out on the D-Line, but I am a bit concerned that we will yet again have a crappy pass rush this year. Fortunately, our re-vamped secondary should be able to pick up the slack and help with regards to this.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
      I'm glad we picked up some vet leadership to help the rotation out on the D-Line, but I am a bit concerned that we will yet again have a crappy pass rush this year. Fortunately, our re-vamped secondary should be able to pick up the slack and help with regards to this.
      NOLA, I share your pessimism about our pass rush but there's always a chance we could picked a good pass rusher in the draft. Jevon Kearse was picked #16 in '99 and had 14.5 sacks his rookie season. #16 isn't too far from from the Broncos picking range.

(I know that kind of luck is rare but it could happen.)
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Yeah, any decent QB will find an open guy if you give him the time, and even studs like Champ can't cover a receiver forever. The key to that is getting pressure on the QB and it would be nice if we could do that consistently without having to blitz all the time.

There were several times last year that we were milliseconds away from getting a sack and I'm hoping that our improved secondary will give our D-line that extra moment or two to bring the guy down (i.e. more coverage sacks). Picking up an awesome pass-rusher in the draft or having one of our young D-linemen step up and become dominant would be a very good thing.

I'm excited the way it is, but if we had an awesome pass rush then we would be in for something really special.
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

Not to mention that the Broncos are very high on Randy Starks of Maryland which they may trade up for, or if they feel confident he will be available at #24 they will pick him. He should provide an instant spark as he is pretty good.

If they don't get him I am also concerned, even if they get him actually, but with Eason and Mitchell doing so well in NFL Europe and the signing of the vets I think we will be as good as last year.
          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I think dever is going to be putting a lot of hope in the Luther Ellis signing and that he may be the biggest gain this offseason outside of Bailey. If healthy, he can be a beast as a DT. Now you look at his stats and say that he doesn't get a lot of sacks, however that isn't what DT does. He gets good pressure up the middle and forces the QB out of the pocket. If healthy, he'll be the biggest upgrade at the Dline we could have. I like the Randy Starks thought and I could see us going with it. We'll see.

Comment

Re: Don Banks: Broncos "gained a bunch"

[i] While there are several teams that gained ground according to him, the Broncos "gained a bunch" - the only team with that specific praise. [/B]

Only the Cowboys did better according to him...Said they had "significant gain".

Comment

Re: Re: Don Banks: Broncos "gained a bunch"

Originally posted by 16-JakE-16
                Only the Cowboys did better according to him...Said they had "significant gain".
                Hmmm... 'Significant Gain' vs. 'Gained a bunch'

"I guess it depends on what your definition of is is."

jk

Winter is Coming!

Comment

also interesting

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk
                  liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Re: also interesting

Originally posted by mattos
                    http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings
                    That was dated but still an interesting read. I wonder how the Broncos recent moves would affect Prisco's rankings. I figure most analysts will consider the Broncos' offseason moves to be a wash...improving the defense while diminishing the offense.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: Don Banks: Broncos "gained a bunch"

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                      I'm a little bored with the discussions here this morning - although I'm not sure this will help, but here it goes anyway....

In his article Don Banks breaks down the offseason movement so far including a blurb whether each team gained or lost ground. While there are several teams that gained ground according to him, the Broncos "gained a bunch" - the only team with that specific praise.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...akers/?cnn=yes

Personally, I have to agree.
                      He is a bandwagon columnist. He says good things about the team he likes and negative things about the teams he does not. But you know what, he is entitled to an opinion and we read it!

Comment

Re: Re: Don Banks: Broncos "gained a bunch"

Originally posted by 16-JakE-16

I would say "gained a bunch" is better than "significant".

Comment

wonder where he would put us if it were updated

Comment

Working...
                          X