Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
    ANd yet he shouldnt be in the Pro-Bowl.
    You're absolutely right. Who cares about winning and losing when you put up mad numbers!

Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Im telling you all, because you all think Lynch is the best thing since sliced bread, that Lynch is not a Pro-Bowl saftey any more.
    Someone asks for stats to prove a point then someone else says stats dont mean anything. How can that be
    possible?

How can stats prove a point but also not mean anything?[/QUOTE]

1)I didn't say anything about John Lynch. You did. I see you're assumng again.

2)sliced bread isn't that great. Whoever compares sliced bread to their team's favorite S is an absolute moron.

3)Lynch is hardly a pro bowl safety. He's a mere shell of himself physically when he was in Tampa, yet he is playing probably the best football of his career right now, and he doesn't need to put up mad stats to be an effective leader, or football player.

Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Someone asks for stats to prove a point then someone else says stats dont mean anything. How can that be
    possible?

How can stats prove a point but also not mean anything?

You probably should have posted that in the first place when I questioned your basis of best safeties in the league, instead of assuming I was defending John Lynch.

Comment

• What's most important is to know which stats are the most important and to read what stats really mean and to put them into context.

Roethlisberger didn't have bad stats. In fact, some of his stats support exactly how good he is.

I mean, he DID have the third highest QB rating in the league.

He DID lead the league in yards per pass attempt.

He DID only throw 9 interceptions (Though his attempts were down as well, so that makes a difference).

Statistics DID paint him as a damn good QB.

The only statistics that didn't do him any favors was the yards per game statistic. That statistic didn't do him justice because they didn't throw the ball very often last year. But, the stats showed that when he did throw the ball, he had as much success as anybody.

Sure, they protected him a bit, but you don't put up the stats as well as he did unless you are an elite QB which he is.

Earlier, I wasn't trying to make an argument about John Lynch being a top five safety. I think the point can be made, but I don't think he is THAT good anymore. All that I wanted to point out was that tackles are a horrible stat to measure the play of a safety. There are just too many factors that can skew the stats. I merely pointed out those factors.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• My picks

1)Redskins
        2)Seahawks
        2)Panthers
        4)Steelers
        4)Patriots
        6)Broncos
        7)Colts
        7)Bengals
        7)Ravens
        10)Cowboys

My top ten do to overall team platers and depth (if same number - means tie or so close don't want to bother breaking down to deep in 2nd-3rd players)

Comment

• Originally posted by NBudris
          1)Redskins
          2)Seahawks
          2)Panthers
          4)Steelers
          4)Patriots
          6)Broncos
          7)Colts
          7)Bengals
          7)Ravens
          10)Cowboys

My top ten do to overall team platers and depth (if same number - means tie or so close don't want to bother breaking down to deep in 2nd-3rd players)
          Well i guess i can do mine

1- Panthers
          2- Steelers
          3- Colts
          4- Bengals
          5- Skins
          6- Broncos
          7- Chiefs (call it homerism if you want, but they are this good of a team)
          8-Seahawks
          9- Falcons
          10- Ravens
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by NBudris
            1)Redskins
            2)Seahawks
            2)Panthers
            4)Steelers
            4)Patriots
            6)Broncos
            7)Colts
            7)Bengals
            7)Ravens
            10)Cowboys

I am curious why you have the Redskins number one? I can sort of see the others (although the Cowboys might be a stretch), but I fail to see the Redskins as number one.

One reason is that I think Brunell played over his head last year. Basically, they played max protection and Brunell through it to Moss. I am not sure they can pull that off again, and with Randall El, they have another receiver, but the question is this. If they open up the offense the way Portis says they are going to, and are not running the max protect all day long, is Brunell as effective?

Who knows, he might be, but to put them as the best in the NFL, that is just hard for me to see.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X