No announcement yet.

My modified defensive ranking and rating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you have gone through the work, I was wondering what things would look like if you combined the two stats. This would give equal weight to total D yards given, and yards per play ranking.

Couldn't call it modified then, just hybred. Actually to me it would be more interesting in figuring out what teams moved the most between the stats and why. In the end, what does it mean? I am ?

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus
      Since you have gone through the work, I was wondering what things would look like if you combined the two stats. This would give equal weight to total D yards given, and yards per play ranking.

Couldn't call it modified then, just hybred. Actually to me it would be more interesting in figuring out what teams moved the most between the stats and why. In the end, what does it mean? I am ?
      Combine which stats? I had separate rankings for Rushing, Passing, and Total Defense and I combined both yards per play and points per play.

Do you mean combine total yards allowed and yards allowed per play? If so, that would kind of defeat the purpose behind using the yards per play, to account for how many plays the defense was actually on the field.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
      X