No announcement yet.

Brandon Browner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe Browner has a prayer as a corner. At least on paper, he has the tools to be a safety. And from having seen him play, I would say he could provide a lot of competition to the safeties we have on hand.

We'll see.

-----

Comment

Yea, i'd like to see him or Curome Cox show they can take the job once Fergy and Lynch hang it up.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Browner from the get-go was not brought in here to play cornerback, his measurables and playing style convert better towards safety than cornerback. It's a damn shame he was injured last year, it would have been nice to have a safety on the field with some actual ball recognition and coverage skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
          Browner from the get-go was not brought in here to play cornerback, his measurables and playing style convert better towards safety than cornerback. It's a damn shame he was injured last year, it would have been nice to have a safety on the field with some actual ball recognition and coverage skills.
          I wonder if he was even injured...or just stowed away on the IR.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            I wonder if he was even injured...or just stowed away on the IR.
            That....

would be........

......dishonest........
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Here is the news on Brandon last year...

DENVER -- Denver Broncos rookie safety Brandon Browner impressed coaches with several interceptions and aggressive play in training camp and was a strong defender in goal line and Red Zone drills.

But the promising undrafted rookie from Oregon State suffered a fracture in his left forearm Saturday against San Francisco and went on injured reserve Wednesday, the second safety to be lost before the season starts.

Safety Chris Young went on injured reserve with a knee injury last week.

"Any time you lose a guy and two guys in the same position there is an impact," Denver coach Mike Shanahan said. "You are depleted in depth at that position, two guys that we felt that could help us are Browner and Chris Young."

Defensive coordinator Larry Coyer said Browner reacted to plays like veterans.

"I liked the way he reacted to reads and how quickly he came up to make plays," Coyer said.

"Fracture in the left forearm" does not sound like anyone was faking an injury.

Besides Coyer and Shanahan said he thought Browner could help them.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever

DENVER -- Denver Broncos rookie safety Brandon Browner impressed coaches with several interceptions and aggressive play in training camp and was a strong defender in goal line and Red Zone drills.

But the promising undrafted rookie from Oregon State suffered a fracture in his left forearm Saturday against San Francisco and went on injured reserve Wednesday, the second safety to be lost before the season starts.

"Any time you lose a guy and two guys in the same position there is an impact," Denver coach Mike Shanahan said. "You are depleted in depth at that position, two guys that we felt that could help us are Browner and Chris Young."

"I liked the way he reacted to reads and how quickly he came up to make plays," Coyer said.

also note he is referred to as a Safety...not a corner...and didnt he get hurt in the Preseason game where he had 1 int?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever

Thanks for pulling that up. I thought I remembered hearing good things about him last year before the injury but it's nice to see it verified.

"Promising" by no means guarantees a roster spot but it does leave room for hope. And my hope is that he could eventually be good enough to take over for Lynch. I really like Lynch but I do wonder how much longer he'll be playing. He'll be 35 early in this his 14th season. The Broncos just might keep an extra safety prospect around for Lynch's imminent retirement. (Man, it will suck to lose his leadership and intensity on the field. )
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

He is one guy that can shut down a great TE, he is as physical as they come.

Comment

the good thing about it it was a fracture of the arm and not a knee injury so thats good ./.. hes got good numbers and can play zone .. i dont think hell make it this year .. its gonna be tough for the guys we want that are young to keep around due to lack of roster spots
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X