No announcement yet.

Here's A Question About Champ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's A Question About Champ!

Originally posted by rcsodak
    You're always good for a slam....but how about giving all the facts to those that don't know......Washington had **** for a dline....they couldn't put any pressure on the qb...NO cb can cover a wr forever.....
    You and Tahuya man need to get together and have some drinks......you're made for each other.....nothing but pessimism and/or sour grapes.IMO
    Before you jump down the guys throat, I can honestly attest that Champ flat out got burned by Booker on that play. Its not like he broke off his route or something, he just flat out burned him. I was shocked because Booker had made a name for himself for being a 10-11ypc possession guy. I didn't think he would ever get behind Champ like that. Right after the play, he left the game due to "facial lacerations" in other words, he quit.
    Last edited by Paranoid; 03-26-2004, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's A Question About Champ!

Originally posted by TXBRONC
      The Raiders think pass first run second. So having Champ in the long run benefits the team more imho.
      WCO Raiders did. Norv Turner however runs the ball, utilizes PA and pass catching tightends. If they can land Dillon they'll have all the tools in place.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's A Question About Champ!

Originally posted by Paranoid
        Before you jump down the guys throat, I can honestly attest that Champ flat out got burned by Booker on that play. Its not like he broke off his route or something, he just flat out burned him. I was shocked because Booker had made a name for himself for being a 10-11ypc possession guy. I didn't think he would ever get behind Champ like that. Right after the play, he left the game due to "facial lacerations" in other words, he quit.
        Paranoid,
        did you see the play on ESPN where Champ let a runner run right by him into the endzone without even trying to tackle him? I couldn't believe it. I knew right then that Champ did not want to play for the Redskins anymore. He was awful last year. I know he was unhappy or frustrated but he could have at least "tried" to make the tackle. I have to be careful to not sound like a Champ basher because I am not. I just watched this guy play in Washington his whole career and he's way overrated in my opinion. If he made the pro bowl, then the pro bowl selection committee is a joke. What did they base his selection on??? Could not have been his stats--statistically he's not even in the top 20. The Redskins pass defense ranked 20th in the NFL (below average) and Champ was supposed to be their best pass defender (actually, Fred Smoot had a better year). If it was based on game performance, I'd like to know what game in the 2003 season were they watching??? I saw him get embarrassed on several occassions by players you wouldn't expect to beat him. I really hate to sound so negative about Champ but his performance was that bad and as much as I like Portis coming to Washington, I really do believe his career would have been better off had he stayed in Denver. But who knows maybe it will work out for both teams.

Comment

really?

all the tools? Wrs? OL? QB?

Comment

Here's a thought

do you think that the coaching staff watched game tapes of Champ playing before they 'listened' to the hype of him? Do you th ink they made evaluations based on "people in the KNow" rather than some fan sitting at home watching the game on TV? Do you think its possible that the coaches might know a lil more about the position than us sitting at home going "I wish he would have made that tackle?"

I don't think the Denver organization just heard the rumors and overhyped reputation and decided to trade portis away for him. I'll trust their evaluation of his proven abilities over anyone here that says "I have watched him play"..... *shrugs* but thats just me

Comment

Re: Here's a thought

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              do you think that the coaching staff watched game tapes of Champ playing before they 'listened' to the hype of him? Do you th ink they made evaluations based on "people in the KNow" rather than some fan sitting at home watching the game on TV? Do you think its possible that the coaches might know a lil more about the position than us sitting at home going "I wish he would have made that tackle?"

I don't think the Denver organization just heard the rumors and overhyped reputation and decided to trade portis away for him. I'll trust their evaluation of his proven abilities over anyone here that says "I have watched him play"..... *shrugs* but thats just me
              Yes, I see your point. What they saw appealing about Champ is still a mystery to me as well as who selected him to the pro bowl and what criteria was used in making that selection.

Comment

Hmmm

a mystery to you huh? YOu mean, they didn't call you first?? *chuckles*

Comment

Re: Here's a thought

The same organization that decided to bring in Daryl Gardener correct?

All kidding aside, I'm in no way downplaying the ability of the Denver front office, obviously they have access to much more film and information than I do. I'm responding to THIS thread on THIS board about how well Champ has performed against other WR's. Its not hearsay, or an ESPN news clipping, its not just simply "I' have watched him play" I've watched pretty much every Redskins game since I moved to Virginia 3 years ago. and I'm honestly telling you, that the guy is just as vunerable in man 2 man as many of the other corners the Broncos could have scored in free agency, without the expense of CP. Now if me stating the facts somehow rubs you the wrong way, then I apologize, because that was not my intention.

p.s. yes, I'm aware that his ability vs other corners' ability is not a fact, and just my opinion. "Fact" was in reference to the big plays he gave up last year. So theres no need to try and sidestep the points I made to single out that one aspect of my post.
                  Last edited by Paranoid; 03-26-2004, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Re: Hmmm

a mystery to you huh? YOu mean, they didn't call you first?? *chuckles*
                    They should have and if Champ doesn't work out, they will wish they would have! If they still need to know more they can reach me at 1-800-CHAMP-SUCKS.

LOL!!!! Thats funny.

Comment

Re: Re: Here's a thought

The same organization that decided to bring in Daryl Gardener correct?

All kidding aside, I'm in no way downplaying the ability of the Denver front office, obviously they have access to much more film and information than I do. I'm responding to THIS thread on THIS board about how well Champ has performed against other WR's. Its not hearsay, or an ESPN news clipping, its not just simply "I' have watched him play" I've watched pretty much every Redskins game since I moved to Virginia 3 years ago. and I'm honestly telling you, that the guy is just as vunerable in man 2 man as many of the other corners the Broncos could have scored in free agency, without the expense of CP. Now if me stating the facts somehow rubs you the wrong way, then I apologize, because that was not my intention.

p.s. yes, I'm aware that his ability vs other corners' ability is not a fact, and just my opinion. "Fact" was in reference to the big plays he gave up last year. So theres no need to try and sidestep the points I made to single out that one aspect of my post.
                      Hey, we tried to tell them but I guess they will have to see for themselves that Snyder gave them a wooden nickle.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's A Question About Champ!

WCO Raiders did. Norv Turner however runs the ball, utilizes PA and pass catching tightends. If they can land Dillon they'll have all the tools in place.
                        Yep and an aging corp of receivers that are no longer timed with stop watch but with sun dial.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I wouldn't call Jerry Porter old. Once they land Fitzgerald they could have one of the top WR tandems in the league within the next 2 or 3 years

Comment

I wouldn't call Jerry Porter old. Once they land Fitzgerald they could have one of the top WR tandems in the league within the next 2 or 3 years
                            I didn't call Porter old. Their starting wide outs were Brown and Rice, one guy 40 years old and the other on the backside of 30. What made them effective was Porter because he could stretch the defense.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

when you have two old guys starting at WR, they are losing the step, so teams are only gonna have to worry about Porter, simply run a zone, and have some man on Porter. But it might not work cause i am ruling out the Halfback, which is who?

Comment

Originally posted by Physbo
                                when you have two old guys starting at WR, they are losing the step, so teams are only gonna have to worry about Porter, simply run a zone, and have some man on Porter. But it might not work cause i am ruling out the Halfback, which is who?
                                Porter's presence is what helped Rice and Brown be effective two years ago. Porter could stretch the defense with his speed and Rice and Brown were catching all those underneath passes. I think that even if the Raiders draft Fritzgerald our secondary still could match up with them.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X