I wonder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder...

what all these these rookie running backs think. The ones that aren't slated to be in the first round or second round. I wonder if they all are hoping denver drafts them, I'd bet some of them are and have told their agents that if they had to pick a team to be on, it would be the denver broncos. They know that they would have a good shot at being the featured back, they know that they would enjoy great success behind our O-line, and almost by that extension have the inside track as the Rookie of the Year. That means more money, and they can hold out in two years for a better contract ala the Portis situation? What do you all think? If your a rookie back hoping to be drafted, wouldn't denver be the place you'd want to go?

Bengals

Honestly, I think I'd want to go to the Bengals. They wouldn't have to money to sign me to a big contract for very long. That'd be the perfect place to leave too. They'll always suck...and Ohio is something retarded.
    The best ever!

Comment

But I'm sure that shanny/bowlen learned a little something from this cp thing....."if we sign you and you try pulling that same ****, we'll break both of your legs"......or something like that!
      Maybe they should just sign their rb's to 2yr. contracts....
      or
      If they are looking like they might do 'too' good, just start calling plays that'll get 'em creamed....might shake some sense into their noggin!

...just a couple ideas.....lol
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Put in a loyalty clause you try to re-negotiate you r forfeit your signing bonus and cna be penalized to sit out the remainder of your contract life.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I like that loyalty clause thing. But if I'm an agent I try to include incentives in the deal that would cause it to escalate, such as rushing for so many yds, and getting so many touchdowns, or getting so many touches. An agent is bound to know that a runningback in denver will outperform his rookie contract, therefore he might want to be able to void the remaining years if he reaches certain incentives. I mean denver is going to run the ball, and your guy if he's good in camp and wins the job is going to get 1200+ yds. I'd want to make a deal that would compensate for this.

Comment

Totaly agree

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
            I like that loyalty clause thing. But if I'm an agent I try to include incentives in the deal that would cause it to escalate, such as rushing for so many yds, and getting so many touchdowns, or getting so many touches. An agent is bound to know that a runningback in denver will outperform his rookie contract, therefore he might want to be able to void the remaining years if he reaches certain incentives. I mean denver is going to run the ball, and your guy if he's good in camp and wins the job is going to get 1200+ yds. I'd want to make a deal that would compensate for this.
            Bowlen and Co. mave have opened up a good thing for new NFL running backs. If all the contracts went the direction you suggest then the cap would not be a problem immediately and the guy who performs could get his due. Visa versa on the first round pick...forfiet his gold for bad performance. I like it!!
            This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X