Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else wanna see the BRONCOS run more two TE formations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else wanna see the BRONCOS run more two TE formations?

This is what KC does, and to great success. Holmes runs wild in this formation, and that sets up the playaction pass. I don't know how good of a blocker Weaver is, but I know he's a better receiver than House is and he would be great in a double formation set. And since we are gonna be shuffling the line a bit(Lepsis to the left, and Foster at right T), we may need a little more help blocking at the line. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I mean think about it: If Sharpe stays and we can get either Watson or Troupe, we'll be very dangerous in that formation even if our running back situation isn't that great. Factor that in with Jake's ability to run and we'd put up some huge numbers offensively. Just a thought.
    Last edited by PLUMMERFAN16; 03-24-2004, 09:52 PM.

We might have no choice but to use 2-tight end formations if Lelie doesn't blossom this year and if we don't get a viable third receiver to compliment him and Rod.

If we do, we'd better really hope Shannon doesn't retire.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I think you will see more 3 receiver sets rather then 2 tight ends....too much need to throw it this year.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I think once sharpe see's how likely this team is to be a superbowl prospect, he'll go another year.
        Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

That would be bad ass if we had Troupe and Shannon but it seems very unlikely.

Benny

Comment

We ran too may 3 receiver sets last year and it was no good. Hell, those 5-wide sets were no good either.

I hope we atleast have Sharpe or Troupe or Watson. We need a good TE and there should be the best 3 available when we pick. Troupe, Watson, and Utecht.

Comment

I don't want to speculate on any draft potentials until after the draft...everything else is wishful thinking.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I think the 2 TE sets is a very good idea plummerfan, since LT may be a bit weaker now that salaam has left.

weaver is a good blocker and receiver i hear, carswell is also a great blocker, and if we need putzier, he is a major speed threat down the middle you know, he has deceiving speed.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Anyone else wanna see the BRONCOS run more two TE formations?

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                  This is what KC does, and to great success. Holmes runs wild in this formation, and that sets up the playaction pass. I don't know how good of a blocker Weaver is, but I know he's a better receiver than House is and he would be great in a double formation set. And since we are gonna be shuffling the line a bit(Lepsis to the left, and Foster at right T), we may need a little more help blocking at the line. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I mean think about it: If Sharpe stays and we can get either Watson or Troupe, we'll be very dangerous in that formation even if our running back situation isn't that great. Factor that in with Jake's ability to run and we'd put up some huge numbers offensively. Just a thought.
                  I have been wondering this for the past few years also wondered why we got rid of Desmond Clark with him and Sharpe this would have worked very well, I like it expecially if we draft Watson he has the character and ability Shanahan loves
                  sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Nah! We need 5WR sets. Especially in the redzone.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                    X