Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N E 1 remember the last team to win back2back SB's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm out Blue, g'night
    Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

I am glad I logged on, today.
      Originally posted by boltzpride619
      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

So, if this "defense wins championships" crap doesn't pan out this year, we should scrap it and go with what we kknow....OFFENSE, BABY!!
        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

I'm inclined to go scrap offense and defense and go SPECIAL TEAMS all the way baby. Think about it, they score we run one back. They score we run one back. eventually if they score again, they have to kick off, and we run one back. yeah...wheres a Gordon when you need one.

Comment

Originally posted by griffinistheman
            I miss the days when offensive powerhouses ran the table....Denver...San Fran...you know...back in the day...

The New Englands and Baltimores and Tampa Bays of the world are so unattractive to watch play football.

Give me John Elway...give me Joe Montana....give me OFFENSE!!!
            The rise of the defensive juggernauts (i.e. NE, Balt, TB) was a direct result of the offensive powerhouses of Denver, SF, Dallas, etc. The "counter", if you will. The teams with great offenses were kicking so much butt that teams had to develop good defenses to compete. Afterall, if you have a D that can hold a 'good' offense to 10-13 points then an 'average' O can get you enough points to win. It'll probably swing back the other way soon, and I hope so. The games are much more exciting that way.
            Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
              The rise of the defensive juggernauts (i.e. NE, Balt, TB) was a direct result of the offensive powerhouses of Denver, SF, Dallas, etc. The "counter", if you will. The teams with great offenses were kicking so much butt that teams had to develop good defenses to compete. Afterall, if you have a D that can hold a 'good' offense to 10-13 points then an 'average' O can get you enough points to win. It'll probably swing back the other way soon, and I hope so. The games are much more exciting that way.

couldnt of said it better myself, that was years ago. Plus our Defense kicked ass back when we won back to backs also my friend.

Comment

need both

Our offense and defense was tight then. We we tried (those many times and years ago) when Elway was young and with a thin offense (lack of running game) but had a great defense and we'd get our arses kicked. Probably why we're beefing up RB position - to avoid the history repeat.
                If I'm wrong, then I'll pay for it
                If I'm right, yea, you're gonna hear about it

Comment

Re: N E 1 remember the last team to win back2back SB's?

Originally posted by griffinistheman
                  Defense NEVER won us a G damn SB.....

Yes, but the lack there of sure COST you 3....(see three butt whippings vs. Giants, Redskins, and 49ers

Comment

Re: Re: N E 1 remember the last team to win back2back SB's?

Originally posted by BRONCOBASHER
                    Yes, but the lack there of sure COST you 3....(see three butt whippings vs. Giants, Redskins, and 49ers
                    and the last time the chefs whipped up a SB ? HMMM. Thought last year was your year or could it be you were OVERRATED.
                    If I'm wrong, then I'll pay for it
                    If I'm right, yea, you're gonna hear about it

Comment

good point

I don't like broncobasher.. but he is right

DEFENSE never won ANYTHING???? you are crazy..right?? seriously...

How about the Giants? Their defense WON superbowls... How about the Chicago Bears.. their dominating Defense ALONE won the Super Bowl.. what about the Baltimore Ravens? How about the NE DEFENSE that beat the "best show on turf" ... the RAMS offense was one of the best to ever be on the field (having TWO NFL MVP's on the team), but DEFENSE won the Super Bowl... what about the TB Bucs?? You saying that the #1 Defense didn't DESTROY the #1 offense that year??? You feel that NE's dominating running game won the Championship last year??

The Buffalo Bills had one of the GREATEST offensive teams in NFL History, and went to FOUR straight Super Bowls ( something that will probably NEVER happen again), yet with that GREAT offense they still couldn't win the Super Bowl? Why?

The Chiefs last year scored TONS of points... but no defense... In 1999, the year Denver won its second Super Bowl, the Vikings set NFL records for points scored in a single season, but NO Super Bowl.

DEFENSE WINS SUPER BOWLS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: good point

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

How about the Giants? Their defense WON superbowls... How about the Chicago Bears.. their dominating Defense ALONE won the Super Bowl.. what about the Baltimore Ravens? How about the NE DEFENSE that beat the "best show on turf" ... the RAMS offense was one of the best to ever be on the field (having TWO NFL MVP's on the team), but DEFENSE won the Super Bowl... what about the TB Bucs?? You saying that the #1 Defense didn't DESTROY the #1 offense that year??? You feel that NE's dominating running game won the Championship last year??

The Buffalo Bills had one of the GREATEST offensive teams in NFL History, and went to FOUR straight Super Bowls ( something that will probably NEVER happen again), yet with that GREAT offense they still couldn't win the Super Bowl? Why?

The Chiefs last year scored TONS of points... but no defense... In 1999, the year Denver won its second Super Bowl, the Vikings set NFL records for points scored in a single season, but NO Super Bowl.

DEFENSE WINS SUPER BOWLS!!!!!!!!
                        Exactly right. It doesn't matter what sport (basketball, football, hockey, baseball) if you can't defend you will not win...plain and simple.
                        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: good point

SERIOUSLY!!! That's not what I...er...he said!!!

"Defense NEVER won US...US (get it, us?)...a G damn SB!!"

Think before you type.

Your intellect is at stake.

Point is...I don't care WHAT defense has done for any other team...WHAT has it done for us?

Comment

Guys i know we didnt win the sb's with Defence. But We cant win it the way we did without elway or davis. I think being a defence of team is great. We'll still have the same offence anyway.

Comment

*laughs*

Oohhh... so you are saying that since WE haven't WON a Super Bowl with defense, then we should abandon the idea??? THis, and you are saying MY intellect is at stake?

We aren't the same TEAM as we were in 97-98... we don't have a Hall of Fame quarterback under the center and a 2000yrd, NFL MVP running back tailing behind him.

Broncobasher did make a good point. Defense didn't win us Super Bowls, but it sure did LOSE us three! Do I think we have a Super Bowl team THIS year? Mmmm... no. But I DO know that our team has IMPROVED... considering the NFL now days, thats a BIG step towards the Big Dance!

Comment

Re: *laughs*

Oohhh... so you are saying that since WE haven't WON a Super Bowl with defense, then we should abandon the idea??? THis, and you are saying MY intellect is at stake?

We aren't the same TEAM as we were in 97-98... we don't have a Hall of Fame quarterback under the center and a 2000yrd, NFL MVP running back tailing behind him.

Broncobasher did make a good point. Defense didn't win us Super Bowls, but it sure did LOSE us three! Do I think we have a Super Bowl team THIS year? Mmmm... no. But I DO know that our team has IMPROVED... considering the NFL now days, thats a BIG step towards the Big Dance!
                                Hey Retard!!!

You obviously do not have the powers of reading comprehension.

I SAID, if it doesn't WORK WITH THIS DEFENSE, we should abandon it.

Have we played the season yet, Retard!!!?

No.

If we do not win the SB with this "Unstopable, stellar" defense, this year or in the VERY near future, THEN we should scrap this F ing idea.

Shanahan is no defensive genius. Never has been. His MO is offense.

And yes, it is clear your intellect is being called into question.

Read what has been written.

Understand it.

Then, formulate an opinion.

At least it would be a bit more of a challenge, for me, to rip you apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X