Bronco Superbowl this year or next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Superbowl this year or next?

I don't know what to say. I am simply at a loss on my Chiefs this off season. The Broncos, to me, are having one of the best off-season pre-draft FA pick up years EVER!!

I am sick that the Chiefs haven't the slightest clue to pull their heads out of the AZZ's long enough to see what the rest of the AFC West is doing. You had an awesome defense last season and a powerful offense, which both in my mind have only grown in strength. What have the Chiefs done? Oh well, we decided to re-sign our bottom dwelling defense and only added help by the aqusition of a new DC, which actually WAS needed.

All I can say is congrats!

I had to come here and post this, because it seems many on the Chiefs board are in a dillusional state believeing that we may actually be able to compete. I hope they are right, but shelter many doubts.

Good luck next season. I hope when we meet that it is a good game, free of game turning penalties! (ha ha ha) Seriously, there is nothing I would enjoy more than a good game between the two teams.

Now back to the short of my post.....This year or next?

CF1973

Re: Bronco Superbowl this year or next?

Originally posted by Chiefsfan1973
    This year or next?
    Both

LOL

Comment

OK Chiefs(cough,cough,cough,cough) I mean Bronco fan....I'll answer your question.
      When will the Broncos win the SB this or next year?

Try when Elway comes out retirement....which simply means NEVER....because that isn't going to happen

Comment

Thanx for all the compliments lol, we are doing great this offseason, I wonder where all the money came from lol. But anyway I think the broncos will have a killer season and at least make a playoff appearence this year, I can't garentee a superbowl yet, but we have a really good chance.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOBASHER
          OK Chiefs(cough,cough,cough,cough) I mean Bronco fan....I'll answer your question.

Try when Elway comes out retirement....which simply means NEVER....because that isn't going to happen
          I wouldn't be talking mr.when is the last time my chiefs won the superbowl I think it was superbowl 8?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOBASHER

Actually I am a Chiefs fan and have been for years. I have held season tickets now for 10 yars, but can you seriously say that the Chiefs have helped themselves in the off season so far? I go to the Chiefs board and see the people saying this that and the other about how we can be fine with Gunther. Do you really believe that? Gunther is good and a great addition, but look what the Broncos have done! (With the exception of Portis, which can go either way) They helped out in the secondary with Bailey and Lynch, which very well could make their secondary the best in the AFC, if not league. They have now added Hurst to fill in in Griffin can't rise up, and they have signed all most all of their key players from last season. The Chiefs have done nothing! I am just frustrated!!

Comment

Re: Bronco Superbowl this year or next?

Originally posted by Chiefsfan1973
              I don't know what to say. I am simply at a loss on my Chiefs this off season. The Broncos, to me, are having one of the best off-season pre-draft FA pick up years EVER!!

I am sick that the Chiefs haven't the slightest clue to pull their heads out of the AZZ's long enough to see what the rest of the AFC West is doing. You had an awesome defense last season and a powerful offense, which both in my mind have only grown in strength.
              Far be it from me to disagree with a Chiefs fan but I think the Broncos offense might have taken a step backward. McCaffrey retired, Portis traded, Sharpe might retire, our O-line will have a first-time starter at right tackle and Alex Gibbs is now coaching the Falcons' O-line.

I do agree that the Chiefs lack of free agent activity is a bit confusing. I don't think any team should sit on their laurels and not try to upgrade. Then again, I don't know the Chiefs' salary cap situation, either.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I think the Broncos will win it all this year and probably against the Panthers(whom will wind up being like the Bills of 90s).

Comment

This year or next? Are you kidding me? You people are delusional if you actually believe we have a Super Bowl contender in Denver. We've assembled a team of ancient fossils who can't play anymore. Hearst, Lynch, Ellis, and Johnson are WAAAAAAY past their prime.

Comment

Many members of the 97-98 teams were old free agent pickups. If you mix veterans with a lot of experience and talented youth, you will have a super bowl contender.
                    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                      Many members of the 97-98 teams were old free agent pickups. If you mix veterans with a lot of experience and talented youth, you will have a super bowl contender.
                      superbowl contender, more like a superbowl champ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
                        This year or next? Are you kidding me? You people are delusional if you actually believe we have a Super Bowl contender in Denver. We've assembled a team of ancient fossils who can't play anymore. Hearst, Lynch, Ellis, and Johnson are WAAAAAAY past their prime.
                        Yeah but they still kick-ass.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mmm..

McCaffrey wasn't a benefit at all last year. His absence won't affect us this season. I know that you feel the departure of Portis was a step backwards...but I don't think it was as big a step as you think. 1500 yrds isn't THAT great... Mike Anderson did it his rookie year, with Griese at the Helm.

If we gain 1300-1400 yrds and only 10 TDs with our Starting RB, is that 200 yrds, and 3 TDs worth paying a top 5/6 RB the most money for the postion in the NFL? Is it WORTH 50 million? No. I think teams like the Bucs and the Raider and the Patriots have shown again and again that a top running back isn't needed. Just a GOOD running game is needed.

My entire FAMILY is Chiefs fans ( I know I know, I feel sorry for them too).... and they HONESTLY believe that they just need to improve their defense by just FIVE spots, and that will be good enough to let their OFFENSE win games for them. They are not seeing all the luck they had last year and think their offense will just pick up where it left off. I don't see it that way. No way the 'magic' will strike twice for them.

But... there is STILL the June pick ups. Last year the Chiefs were hoping for Hugh Douglas in FA... and the fans jumped all over the coaching staff about not getting him. What did he do last year? 2 sacks?? Instead you got Holliday (who started off hot, but ended up pretty average) in June. He did BETTER than the top FA of Hugh Douglas. There is still a LOT of offseason left

Comment

Raiders

WENT to the Super Bowl with a LOT of veterans. THe first step is GETTING there. Adding GOOD Depth with Veterans isn't a bad move. We did it before when winning the SB. Our defense then was filled in with lots of Veterans. We still have a LOT of youth. Those guys that we have signed may be at the end of their career, but they still have a LOT to give and to teach. I'm excited about Lynch and Ellis and Johnson ( and so so on Hearst).... ALL good SOLID moves...

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
                              I think it is pretty interesting that these well respected veterans are choosing Denver & less money over other (bottomfeeders) teams for more money. Do you think they know something you do not?

Comment

Working...
                              X