"The Trade of the Century"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Trade of the Century"

You do realize that Champ is not only getting more money than what CP is gettin from Washington, but he's more than likely gettin more than what he would have accepted from Denver had they chose to rework his deal. Long story short, Champ Bailey is costing the Denver Broncos more than what Clinton Portis would have.

wishful thinkin though, keep it up.

Originally posted by Paranoid
    You do realize that Champ is not only getting more money than what CP is gettin from Washington, but he's more than likely gettin more than what he would have accepted from Denver had they chose to rework his deal. Long story short, Champ Bailey is costing the Denver Broncos more than what Clinton Portis would have.

wishful thinkin though, keep it up.
    You are living up to your name, aren't you......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

You are living up to your name, aren't you......
      Well said rcsodak. The problem with your post Paranoid is that, we offered CP a nice contract but he turned it down, because "it wouldn't make him the highest paid running back."
      sigpic

Comment

and another thing Portis is great, but also its the broncos system. Portis might look better then every one else cause of the system in denver. And denver has had so much luck with the Running backs over the years. But denver has not had any real luck with Corner backs. So Champ may get more money cause of the way he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26
          we offered CP a nice contract but he turned it down, because "it wouldn't make him the highest paid running back."
          Are you sure about this? The only thing I heard is the Broncos offer was a big insurance policy covering injury.
          Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats
            Are you sure about this? The only thing I heard is the Broncos offer was a big insurance policy covering injury.
            That was offered to him to cover him until they could rework his contract. Guess we'll see this coming season if he's 'all that'!?
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              That was offered to him to cover him until they could rework his contract. Guess we'll see this coming season if he's 'all that'!?
              I say its the system that creates the running backs. Look at Gary, he didnt do that well in Detriot.

Comment

Originally posted by Physbo
                I say its the system that creates the running backs. Look at Gary, he didnt do that well in Detriot.
                That isn't always true. Take your example of detroit for instance, and factor in Sanders.
                Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Detriot and Denver run a different system. And Steve didnt coach Sanders. So sanders was in a different system too.

Comment

the point being...

that considering that our system has produced a 1300yrd rusher in Gary.. and a 1500yrd rusher in MIKE ANDERSON (the same numbers as Portis) their rooky years, why would we ASSUME that Portis DIDN'T gain from the same system? We know he's good, and we know he's young, but can you honestly say that you don't think Portis BENIFITTED by the same system that EVERY OTHER runnng back that has started for us benifitted from?? He could do well in Washington, gibbs is a great coach. But he was only a top 5-6 running back in the NFL, and wasn't worth being paid as TOP like he said he wanted to be paid. Not to mention the fact that he said he would hold out. Not to mention he had two years left on his contract. If we get just 1300yrds from our rusher, how is 200yrds in a 16 game season worth 50 million??

I bet the Chargers want to KILL washington for raising the bar with Portis' contract!! you KNOW LT is going to want MORE since he IS the best runner in the NFL!!
                    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 03-25-2004, 11:34 PM.

Comment

LT deserves it... Portis aint the best, and shouldn't be paid accorinding to his terms.
                      Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

Re: the point being...

Originally posted by Ravage!!! I bet the Chargers want to KILL washington for raising the bar with Portis' contract!! you KNOW LT is going to want MORE since he IS the best runner in the NFL!! [/B]
                        Who knows? LT may be more of a stand up guy than that. Of course, with the awful personnel decisions by the Chargers in recent years, I wouldn't be surprised if LT tries it and San Diego bends over...
                        Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by tahuya man
                          Portis was making less than 400k a season. There's no way that you can trade his salary for Champ Bailey's and claim that Denver came away better financially.

The Broncos did not offer Portis a "nice contract" which he "turned down".

The other signings by Denver weren't because of Champ Bailey. They signed with Denver because nobody else offered them the deal they were looking for.

Hearst and Lynch are on their last legs and won't produce much at all. They'll be released by the Broncos at the end of next season. Hearst maybe even sooner.
                          Are you on crack yes they are on there last leg but I bet you they have at least one more solid season in them they want a Superbowl and I think the feeling around Denver and its players is that this year is it with all the quality veterans we have signed and the youth we also have it is looking fairly well for us I really think Hearst will impress and be more productive than you think
                          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by tahuya man
                            Hearst has nothing left. He won't make any impact at all with the Broncos. He probably won't even be on the depth chart at the start of the season. Lynch on the other hand will play, but he's not going to be an upgrade over Kennedy or Ferguson.

These two signings aren't going to do much of anything other than take up salary which could have been put to better use.
                            Whatever dude wait and see
                            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by Physbo
                              How many times do I have to tell you newbies.

Gary wrecked his knee. Your argument holds no weight.
                              Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
                              X