No announcement yet.

Noone's talking about the backup QB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noone's talking about the backup QB...

Who is it going to be? Mike Mcmahon or is he too expensive?

What if Plummer goes down again? He's not a big guy so he's vulnerable. That could nullify all our off-season efforts. Our WRs need to be clicking more than they were last year (I hope lelie gains size) in order for our RBs to be effective.

Who could we get as backup QB? Jarious had his chance.

Did we sign Billy Voleck?

If we did, our depth chart is currently:

1-Plummer
    2-Kanell
    3-Voleck or (god forbid) Beurlien.
    Mighty Mouse

Comment

Nope GITM, he re-signed.

Stevie B won't be returning.

We'll bring someone in...I still like Rolovich (coming up on his 3rd year out of Hawaii...Y'all are all waiting for Lelie to have his "breakout year?" Get Rolo back & he will do amazingly!)

Comment

(sidenote: if nobody's talking about who will be backing up Plummer, then why do I see two threads about it at the same time?...Okay I'll stop being a brat now)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
          (sidenote: if nobody's talking about who will be backing up Plummer, then why do I see two threads about it at the same time?...Okay I'll stop being a brat now)
          Its okay.

Comment

You're right Chris, I think our biggest problem is getting a veteran qb that can actually WIN games for us. Lets face it, the last couple of years, including the years when Griese was around, we have needed a backup qb to step up and win a couple of games for us. It hasn't happened. Our seasons have gone down the tubes because it. The backup qb situation is the weakest link of this team bar none.

Comment

Gus Ferrotte was a good back-up, that won some games for us, UNTIL the playoffs rolled around...
              Mighty Mouse

Comment

Stevie B also saved our butts once or twice 2 seasons ago, as well as once last year vs. the Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
                  Stevie B also saved our butts once or twice 2 seasons ago, as well as once last year vs. the Steelers.
                  No, that was Rod Smith that saved us against the Steelers.

But yeah, Stevie B was throwing him the ball.

Benny

Comment

Stevie B has saved our butts???? What games are you watching? He was awful against Pittsburgh and Minnesota. The only reason we beat Pittsburgh was because of our defense and the fact the Pitt secondary couldn't hold on to any easy pick at the end of the game. That win was lucky.

Comment

jeff gorge should be our backup, he the best, my brother says he the best too. i was a redskin and falcen fan becuse of him.

Comment

I don't think Steve B is quality enough to back us up...I've been gone for several day's...what ever happened to the Kordell situation? I think he'd be a quality back, he could even line up in the slot position from time to time. UB

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                        Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                        Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                        Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

backup qb

i say if warner is released by the rams we should get him. that would rock!
                          By His Strypes we are healed!

Comment

Re: backup qb

Originally posted by stryped87
                            i say if warner is released by the rams we should get him. that would rock!
                            Warner has some serious baggage, not the least of which is his wife, but that aside, does anyone think he would accept a vet minimum salary, because that's about all the Broncos could offer at this stage

As much as I have to cough a little saying it; Kordell may be our best option, if he comes cheap

Comment

If Warner is released by the Rams, I doubt he'd wanna come here to be a back-up...I think he'd go soemwhere where he'd be a guaranteed starter.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                              Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                              Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                              Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X