No announcement yet.

Noone's talking about the backup QB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Jake7...I think Kordell can still be a good QB, and if he come for 1mil or less, it'd be a steal. Or we could trade a runningback for a good back-up QB.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
    Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
    Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
    Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
      I think we should look at another vet...maybe Shane Matthews-Cincy or Doug Pederson-GB. then take a third stringer late in the draft. And let Jackson and Kanell go.
      Too pockety for my liking. Although I wouldn't mind Gus back, as long as Minnefloater and the Bungles haven't shaken him up too much.
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Kordell is our best bet for the backup job, with the talent out there. What coach Mike did for Jake in our system turned his career around. I think he can do the same for Kordell. Both guys have simular tools to work with. Let's get rid of Steve,Jarious and Danny. Give Nick and Mike a chance to fight, for the third spot.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: backup qb

Originally posted by jake7
          I agree, a mobile QB works better in our offense. Kordell will be an upgrade from what we have now.
          Just because he's mobile doesn't make him an upgrade. Jarious Jackson is very mobile but can't hit the broadside of a barn. Kordell is also inconsistant.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

plummer
            kanell
            quinn
            Rod Smith's response to Clinton Portis about being traded to Washington...

"Why the %^&! did we do that?"

Comment

but at least Kordell HAS had some success in the NFL.... Jackson hasn't at all.

Comment

Must I bring it up again?

sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Kordell COULD have been good, but he had 50 too many offensive coordinators. The guy had no stability as a player in Pittsburgh because of the offensive coordinator carousel they had going. Kordell is better than any back up we have now, so I say go for it.

Comment

it looks like this.........

Plummer is the starter, then the rest is a gagle.....we have DK, SB now we have Mike Quin and This Troy Woodbury kid, we need Kordell but he wants too much money. My thought is he will see the caliber of trash he might get to play for and come to denver in a backup role and have a great chance to get his SB ring

Comment

Beurlein is gone, and Mike Quinn is no Bubby Brister. We NEED someone who can come in and win games for us if Jake gets banged up. I don't see Quinn or Kanell doing that for us. Especially Kanell. PEEEEEEE-UUUUUUUUUUU!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                        Kordell COULD have been good, but he had 50 too many offensive coordinators. The guy had no stability as a player in Pittsburgh because of the offensive coordinator carousel they had going. Kordell is better than any back up we have now, so I say go for it.
                        I'd like to know what games you were watching? I saw pretty much every steeler game he played in because of where i live & i keep telling you people over & over kordell is "NO DAM QB" PERIOD! He cannot throw the ball, he cannot make good decisions, all he was ever good at was scrambling around which don't get me wrong plummer does well but he can still "THROW" the ball well in or out of the pocket.

So if your interested in having the same or worse result at backup as last season then yes go ahead & get kordell, knock yourself out!
                        sigpic

Comment

I say we make Kanell the starter

Comment

Originally posted by takmart
                            plummer
                            kanell
                            quinn
                            This makes sense.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16