Your favorite game of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite game of all time

I know everyone will probably say the first Super Bowl or the Drive but what about the other games, can you think of any others that stand out besides the 2 Superbowls or the Drive?

The only other one I can think of is the Houston game. Houston was up 21-6 or 21-3 something like that, I was about 13 years old and upset and my dad just kept telling me don't worry John will pull another one out of his a**. I should have listen to him because by the end of the game Denver had won 26-24 and all my dad could say was told you so, from that day on I never doubted Elway again. I think that was the moment I truely became a fan of Elway and a Bronco's fan, I mean from the time I was born my family watched the Broncos but at that moment in time I feel in Love with them. Almost makes me cry now thinking about it.
    sigpic WHEC-724

couldn't agree more!! if there is one game that i would pick, it would be the houston oiler playoff game versus warren moon also. elway at his most clssic! the forth down pass to "the vance" was unforgettable. too bad for moon - great qb just never got his ring in the nfl.

Comment

Originally posted by smilin'assassin
      couldn't agree more!! if there is one game that i would pick, it would be the houston oiler playoff game versus warren moon also. elway at his most clssic! the forth down pass to "the vance" was unforgettable. too bad for moon - great qb just never got his ring in the nfl.
      Yeah Vance was the man back in the day the 3 Amigos rocked wish they would have been around to win the big one with us.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Laugh at me if you will. It was the preseason game last year vs the cards. It was the first time I got to take my wife to a game and I got to see Jerry Rice play his last game. I knew when the game ended we were going to win the super bowl, and damned if we didn't come this close.
        2014 adopt a Bronco #63 Ben Garland

Comment

Our revenge game against the Jags.

It was stop one on the Denver Broncos revenge tour, and if you remember the loss from the year before, it made it that much better.
          You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Nas
            Our revenge game against the Jags.

It was stop one on the Denver Broncos revenge tour, and if you remember the loss from the year before, it made it that much better.
            Yeah that was sweet as well good choice!
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Our home game against KC last year.

It was the first game I'd been able to go to in 10 years and we blew them out of the water. It was a Monday night game and the atmosphere was electric. The smack all the Chiefs fans had been dishing out before the game made it even better.

I didn't want to leave.

We were all walking on air after the game.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon

It was the first game I'd been able to go to in 10 years and we blew them out of the water. It was a Monday night game and the atmosphere was electric. The smack all the Chiefs fans had been dishing out before the game made it even better.

I didn't want to leave.

Yeah that is how I felt last year when I was at the Oakland game in Oakland we kicked their but from start to finish after DW's Int for a TD the stadium began to clear out it was awsome to see all those pitiful Raider fans cry like babies.
                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

1) XXXII

1a) Divisional Playoff versus KC that same year.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

The AFC Champ game when Ernest Byner went into the endzone and coughed it up. We were in the south stands and the way things were going downhill in the second half(after such a great 1st half) it looked like we were going to lose. When I saw Ernest cross the goal line I thought we were done. Then all the sudden, there is just a huge roar! We ran out of the stadium just sreaming and and laughing our asses off. Good times indeed!

Comment

Fav Games

Great thread guys. Here are a few of my favorites over the years besides the SB's...

1-Oiler Playoff game previously mentioned
                      2-KC divisional game previously mentioned
                      3-Both Browns games from the 80s
                      4-Jax revenge game
                      5-Pitt AFC Championship
                      6-Elway/Montana Monday night showdown
                      7-Redskins/Broncos 95 Rod Smith hail mary grab

In no order, but those are some of my favs...Sure there are more...Hopefully I am adding this years SB to this list

Comment

Favorite game

Although the superbowl when Elway ran and got spun is my all time bronco game, I would have to say the Thanksgiving game against Dallas is my second most memorable. Earlier in that day I played football and dislocated my shoulder. I was in a world of pain and when I watched that game all the pain was gone for those three hours. When Champ picked that pass off and took it to the house I was so happy. To top things off, we won the game. Gotta love a Bronco win.
                        QB with Cannon Arm- check
                        RB that runs like a Tank- check
                        Top Flight WR's- check
                        Heat Seeking DL- check
                        Peircing LB Corp- check
                        No fly zone Secondary- check

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon

I didn't want to leave.

ya during that game i was taking an accounting test so i didn't get back till near end of third quarter. i remember that was a really great end of game and i was really regretting that i couldn't see it from the beginning

Comment

US vs USSR

Olympic Hockey.

The most unbelievable upset in the history of sport.

Comment

The Raider game in 76, when we intercepted Stabler 7 times.

It was the game Tom Jackson said to John Madden, "It's all over Fatman!". PK Jim Turner even scored a TD on a pass from Norris Weese on a fake field goal right before half.

To me, this was the turning point in Bronco history, from perenial doormat to being a contended year in and year out for the next 30 years. This was the game when we all finally knew the Broncos were for real, and we haven't looked back since.

Comment

Working...
                              X