X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's so many, here's my top 3 though:
    1 - Superbowl 32
    2 - Superbowl 33
    3 - December 7th 2003... Portis' 5 touchdowns on the Kansas City Chiefs in Denver
    sigpic

Comment

My personal favorite besides the obvious 2 superbowls is the game in 2001 against the Packers in Mile High where the broncos beat the packers to 3 first downs.
      It had that play where greise threw the ball to ed mcaffrey and his stiff-armed the packer defensive back for the last 10 yards to the endzone.
      Living among packer fans that one was really nice to see.

Comment

Last year's Philidelphia game. It was my very first live bronco game. Nothing significant about the actual game, just that we scored a LOT, we won bigtime, and i got to see my broncos whoop up on another team!

Comment

Well, I have a couple.

1.) The Jacksonville loss. Yeah, I know, what? How can I dig on a loss? Blasphemy. But, the reason is: This is the game that I really became a Broncos fan. My family are Bronco's fans, and I'd watched games and said my favorite team was the Broncos, but until I watched this game and felt the pain of that loss, I hadn't really been a fan, just a young kid wanting to be like his daddy and brother.

2.) Last years Philly game.

3.) The divisional playoff game vs. the Pats last year

4.) Regular season vs. the Pats last year

Comment

Originally posted by Nas
            Our revenge game against the Jags.

It was stop one on the Denver Broncos revenge tour, and if you remember the loss from the year before, it made it that much better.
            I'm going to have to agree with this one. The year we lost to them, I was so confident we were going to beat them beforehand, then we lost, and I was so disappointed. But the feeling that I got after we got our revenge against them was amazing, and of course, the rest is history.

Originally posted by Pandapeep
            1.) The Jacksonville loss. Yeah, I know, what? How can I dig on a loss? Blasphemy. But, the reason is: This is the game that I really became a Broncos fan. My family are Bronco's fans, and I'd watched games and said my favorite team was the Broncos, but until I watched this game and felt the pain of that loss, I hadn't really been a fan, just a young kid wanting to be like his daddy and brother.
            Same thing with me...I really became a Broncos fan after that game. Although my family aren't Broncos fans
            Last edited by Broncs453; 07-30-2006, 10:22 AM.
            :orton:

Comment

AWESOME THREAD!

Besides the two SB's here is my top 3

1. The final MNF game in the old Mile High when Elam hit the game winning FG as time expired against the Raiders.

2. The Jacksonville revenge game. Felt sooo good to beat em the next year in the playoffs!

3. Divisional Playoff at KC in 97. Need I say more??

I've really enjoyed this thread so far...keep it going guys
              Last edited by Hef; 07-30-2006, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer
                I know everyone will probably say the first Super Bowl or the Drive but what about the other games, can you think of any others that stand out besides the 2 Superbowls or the Drive?

The only other one I can think of is the Houston game. Houston was up 21-6 or 21-3 something like that, I was about 13 years old and upset and my dad just kept telling me don't worry John will pull another one out of his a**. I should have listen to him because by the end of the game Denver had won 26-24 and all my dad could say was told you so, from that day on I never doubted Elway again. I think that was the moment I truely became a fan of Elway and a Bronco's fan, I mean from the time I was born my family watched the Broncos but at that moment in time I feel in Love with them. Almost makes me cry now thinking about it.
                A couple that stand out are:

The game against Washington where we were down and on the 40 yard line or so, running out of time, and Elway throws a Bullett just short of the endzone, Rod catches it and falls backwards into the endzone. It was definately his first TD (Rod's) and might have been his first catch.

Sometime in the Early to mid '90s I took a golf trip with some friends to a resort not too far from Nashville. It was labor day weekend and the Broncos and Raiders were playing. The Broncos were down by something like 13 points with less than two minutes to go, and they came back and won. That was one of the better comebacks I had seen Elway make.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Every playoff game in 1997 (JAX,KC,PIT, & SB32 GB)

Comment

Old school answer

How about the 1978 AFC Championship game when we beat the Raiders (who were the defending Super Bowl champs) to go to our first Super Bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                      The Raider game in 76, when we intercepted Stabler 7 times.

It was the game Tom Jackson said to John Madden, "It's all over Fatman!". PK Jim Turner even scored a TD on a pass from Norris Weese on a fake field goal right before half.

To me, this was the turning point in Bronco history, from perenial doormat to being a contended year in and year out for the next 30 years. This was the game when we all finally knew the Broncos were for real, and we haven't looked back since.
                      Originally posted by East Coast Fan
                      How about the 1978 AFC Championship game when we beat the Raiders (who were the defending Super Bowl champs) to go to our first Super Bowl?
                      I thought Jackson said that in the '77 Championship Game. The Raiders only lost to the Pats in '76 and in '78 it was the Steelers and the Oilers.

As for me, my favorite Raider game was the 1980 Superbowl. That's my favorite game because it was the first year I watch football religiously. But it's not the best game I ever saw.

The second best game I ever saw was The Drive game between the Cowboys & 49ers.

The best game I ever saw hands down was the 1981 playoff game in the Orange Bowl between the Chargers and the Dolphins, ironically the week before The Drive game. I rooted for the Dolphins during this game but when the Chargers won, I clapped my hands because both teams "put on a show".

Comment

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past...

...oh wait.

Comment

broncos chiefs game jan 1998

One favorite game of mine is the game on the revenge tour 1997 broncos at chiefs playoff game at arrowhead.I live here in kansas city and just happen to win sweet tickets to that game the night before.That game was tight but the end was great!We were all smiles on the way out of the stadium and WOW! you could hear a pin drop while walking out of the stadium those trash talking chefs fans were stunned!!

Comment

Sadly, I am only 13 years old and I barley got to watch John and TD...I was only 6 when we won our second Superbowl but trust me...I remember our Superbowl wins. it was because of those that I fell in love with the Broncos

this game was nothing special but it was to me...December 12,2004

Miami @ Denver

reasons why this was special to me...

1) It was my first (and still my only) Bronco game I have ever been to

2) I was a Tatum supporter the minute we drafted him and to see one of his best games was really cool...he was a rookie and it was his first big-game...and now that I think about it...I think it was also the game when Reuban went over 1,000 yards for the season...that was cool too

3) Up until I was 5, the Dolphins were my favorite team (until I saw how cool and awsome the Broncos were when they won their first superbowl) and for my first game to see the Broncos play them meant more to me than I ever thought it would...I went to that game with my grandpa (his favorite team is the Dolphins). I admitt...I still have a soft-spot for the Dolphins because they were the reason I got really into football. I always root for them...unless they are playing the Broncos of course

it was a pretty close game...we won 20-17....and for my first ever game to see the Broncos win was awsome

its not my favorite game ever...but its still pretty important to me

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                            3 - December 7th 2003... Portis' 5 touchdowns on the Kansas City Chiefs in Denver :rockon
                            I remember that game...CP was the man
                            Last edited by TDforTatum26; 07-31-2006, 12:36 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow

Thanks guys brings back some memories.
                              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Your favorite game of all time

Fav. game was the Charger/Miami game(Playoff game..WOW!!!)
                                another good one was the Houston/Buffalo game(just watched this on TV the other day, when Buffalo was down what 27-3?? & came back & won in OT!!)

But one of my fav Bronco games was a group of years ago MNF Denver/Oakland when Denver won 27-7!!!What really made it sweet was the ex-brother-in-law is a Raiders fan!!!! Whoopie!!!

But the Denver/Packer game was one of the sweetest!!!!

Let's hope this is our year!! Go Denver!!!
                                Gosh I miss Ed Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X