Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Hall of Famers on the roster....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Hall of Famers on the roster....

Who do you feel is currently on the Broncos roster that will eventually be in the H.O.F.???

It is amazing to me that the Broncos have been to six Super Bowls, yet have only John Elway in the H.O.F. as our lone representative....

However - that is going to change very soon, what with the additions of Shannon Sharpe and Steve Atwater along with Gary Zimmerman (although I think of him as a Redskin more than a Bronco)....

With that being said - I feel that we currently have a handful of players that will join John in the H.O.F. sooner or later....

Like:

Rod Smith
    Tom Nalen
    Jason Elam
    John Lynch (as a Buc)
    Al Wilson
    Champ Bailey

Do ya'll feel that I am off based here, or, agree that these guys have put up H.O.F. #'s/careers???
    I owe CP's to: no one

There was a thread like this recently....

But the only players on the CURRENT roster that truly stand a chance of making the HoF would be Rod Smith, and Jason Elam (but I think his chances have dwindled due to the great kicking of some other players in the NFL). Lynch has been to a TON of pro-bowls, and has a Super Bowl ring...so his name may be mentioned on the ballot as well. But its really tough to make it as a defensive back.

Obviously Shannon Sharpe would most probably be the next Bronco into the HoF.

Comment

Rod Smith- Yes. If only for his performance as an undrafted FA. Best -ever- in so many catagories using that filter.

Tom Nalen- No clue. Deserves it, but a relatively "low profile" position he plays.

Jason Elam- Yes. Sharing the record long FG of all-time might even earn him a 1st ballot (altho I doubt it. Everyone but mothers, Jesus and other kickers hate kickers)

John Lynch- Maybe. I'd put money on; not 1st ballot.

Al Wilson- Another maybe. SOoooooo many outstanding linebackers that play in bigger markets will make Al's induction more difficult.

Champ Bailey- Not without several more years of high performance.

T777
      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by TR3Y
        Who do you feel is currently on the Broncos roster that will eventually be in the H.O.F.???

It is amazing to me that the Broncos have been to six Super Bowls, yet have only John Elway in the H.O.F. as our lone representative....

However - that is going to change very soon, what with the additions of Shannon Sharpe and Steve Atwater along with Gary Zimmerman (although I think of him as a Redskin more than a Bronco)....

With that being said - I feel that we currently have a handful of players that will join John in the H.O.F. sooner or later....

Like:

Rod Smith
        Tom Nalen
        Jason Elam
        John Lynch (as a Buc)
        Al Wilson
        Champ Bailey

Do ya'll feel that I am off based here, or, agree that these guys have put up H.O.F. #'s/careers???
        al good player not a hll of famer. nalen to low profile. lynch will get in hell he goes to problowls when he doesn't deserve to he has great name recognition thats half the battle. elam toss up kickers have hard time getting in
        PROUD BREEDER OF 3 BRONCO FANS AND STILL PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Please, don't forget the greats from the past...Floyd Little, Randy Gradishar, Tom Jackson, & Rich Jackson.
          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Like:

Rod Smith
            Tom Nalen
            Jason Elam
            John Lynch (as a Buc)
            Al Wilson
            Champ Bailey

I don't no about their chances right now.....But if any of these players played for the Cowboys, they'd be first ballot HOFers. Kickers have a hard time getting in, don't they? There's just not enough hype surrounding Wilson. Like the Urlacher hype.

Comment

Jay Cutler
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YOUNGERJKSPEE
                Please, don't forget the greats from the past...Floyd Little, Randy Gradishar, Tom Jackson, & Rich Jackson.
                tom jackson...that guy is about the smartest guy in the whole espn channel..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                  tom jackson...that guy is about the smartest guy in the whole espn channel..
                  Thank you. If you've ever seen him play, you would agree that he is HOF material. The Broncos have been overlooked so much in this area. If they ever figure it out, it will take years and several trips to Canton for me to catch up! BTW...I am a true football fan. My love is just for the Broncs but I do have a lot of respect towards many, many Browns players over the years.
                  Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                    There was a thread like this recently....

But the only players on the CURRENT roster that truly stand a chance of making the HoF would be Rod Smith, and Jason Elam (but I think his chances have dwindled due to the great kicking of some other players in the NFL). Lynch has been to a TON of pro-bowls, and has a Super Bowl ring...so his name may be mentioned on the ballot as well. But its really tough to make it as a defensive back.

Obviously Shannon Sharpe would most probably be the next Bronco into the HoF.
                    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...highlight=elam
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Rod Smith and Jason Elam are the only possibles on that list. Champ is great but it's premature to say he's a hall of famer. He has all the talent in the world and could some day build a hof legacy type career, but it's much to early. I think the next 3 years of his career will determine if he is worthy. I hope to see the greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
                        Rod Smith and Jason Elam are the only possibles on that list. Champ is great but it's premature to say he's a hall of famer. He has all the talent in the world and could some day build a hof legacy type career, but it's much to early. I think the next 3 years of his career will determine if he is worthy. I hope to see the greatness.
                        I agree. I believe Rod and Elam were the two that I listed in the last thread on this topic.
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

rod, champ, jason, cutler.

THIS ONE'S.......FOR JOHN!

Comment

definitely Rod and Jason, especially if they play like 5 more years like they say. Nalen, who knows. I guess he deserves it, but its tough for O linemen. Wilson...maybe, but he would need to play this well for a lot longer. Lynch (but as a Buc sadly) and Bailey should if they keep up their play, and Bailey is only 27.

Shannon Sharpe will no doubt make it 1st ballot, which is in 2 years I think, Atwater will, and Zimmerman should
                            I adopted Matt Lepsis!

Comment

Like:

Rod Smith
                              Tom Nalen
                              Jason Elam
                              John Lynch (as a Buc)
                              Al Wilson
                              Champ Bailey

MAybe Elam.

Smith is on the bubble right now. We'll see where he ends up.

Lynch probably.

Zimmerman played for the Vikings, not the Redskins.

That's about it beyond Sharpe, who should be a lock. n It's way too early to tell for Bailey, Wilson, and anyone else.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X