Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    I think of it more as an adjustment.

A fluke would be like the NFL accidentally used a material in the footballs that was attracted to a fiber in Champ Bailey's gloves.
    LOL - suddenly having flashbacks of Lester Hayes, Stick-um, and the 70's

Comment

Champ had a great year but he fell One INT short. I am talking about the one that hit him in the hands Against Big Ben in the AFC Championship game that he would have taken to the house in MY opion. But DONT GET ME WRONG I AM NOT BLAMING CHAP FOR THAT LOSS. If he had that pick we would be talking about another back to back Championship run.

Comment

Missing several relevant facts

1. Champ Bailey is not a great Press man CB. Strength has never been his strong point. OTOH his speed, quickness, and acceleration is what seperates him from other CB's.

2. The Defensive scheme had already been altered in Pre-season last year by BOB SLOWIK and COYER. They were already instituting the off man coverage BEFORE Miami. They were experimenting with it before the Injury and kept it in place to guard Champ and the Rookies from getting beat deep. Thank God they all are very good to exceptional tacklers as well.

3. Fluke is definitely not the right term for what happened. Do you think most CB's would have played with what Champ endured last year? Mental toughness and competitive drive are more like it.

Comment

Well you guys are saying fluke like it was luck. Im just saying if he wouldn have got injured he would not have played of so far its that simple!
          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

[QUOTE=Champ>NFL]Don ttake this the wrong way. Im the bigest champ fan ever! I was readingaan article and he said if he had not injured his shoulder, ankle and hammy last season then he would not have played off the WR's so much. He said while playing off them it gave him time to see the routes develop and make big plays.

So basically Champ was a Champ last season thanks to Ronnie Brown.

Thanks Ronnie [/QUOTE sorry but who cares,that game is long gone,we can't live of old stupid losses like that

Comment

Champ is great no way it was a Fluke. I can't wait to see what he will do this year

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                I think he is trying to say he had to alter his normal technique and because of that became more dynamic, learned or at least practiced a different type of poison on the QB's.

Which IMHO will create havoc for those QBs who thought they knew the book on him.
                I think what he is getting at is that because he was injured the QBs threw his way more often. I think it is crap to be honest.
                "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Champ had a great year because of his aggressive attitude... Not because of some injuries... Take the Dallas game. His aggressive play to jump the route led to the Pick 6 early in the game. Unfortunately his aggressive play also got Keyshawn that easy easy double move TD. I know he said he played off, but don't think he did it every play.... Shoulder, Hammy, whatever......... And what I really want to know is who cares about personal stats???? Cuz last time I checked, pick totals don't get you a playoff spot, they help, but they won't get you there.........Later

Comment

Champ had a great year because of his aggressive attitude... Not because of some injuries... Take the Dallas game. His aggressive play to jump the route led to the Pick 6 early in the game. Unfortunately his aggressive play also got Keyshawn that easy easy double move TD. I know he said he played off, but don't think he did it every play.... Shoulder, Hammy, whatever......... And what I really want to know is who cares about personal stats???? Cuz last time I checked, pick totals don't get you a playoff spot, they help, but they won't get you there.........Later

Comment

Originally posted by THEBIG_ZLewis

Yeah you are right they wont get you there but it did get us a Playoff win against the Pat's am i right?

Comment

I would have a tough time viewing anything Champ does as a fluke....

The guy is an unbelievable athlete that is capable of changing the game more so than any corner in the league....

I was soooooo pissed off when the Broncos traded Portis to the Pinkskins - I knew that Champ was the best corner in the league, but I was skeptical that a shut down corner would ever make me forget about C.P.

However - here we are 3 years later and I don't think that I would ever want Portis over Champ now that I have seen what he is capable of doing on any given Sunday....

Like the saying goes - Defense wins championships and Champ is going to be the leader of our defense that leads us to that coveted CHAMPionship!!!!

I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

how can u say strength has never been a strong point mediator? champ is the complete package...he will go up and stop the run witht he best of them and lay punishing hits as well...thats on top of his excellent cover skills and speed

Comment

Working...
                          X