We need Larry Fitzgerald...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need Larry Fitzgerald...

I'm watching him light up WVU right now. Any ball you throw near the direction of him he comes down with. Granted he still has to play one more year but I would be stoked if we somehow got him. He deserves the Heisman this year but probably won't get it due to his age.
    BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

we need someone else... cause he ain't gonna be around in the draft by the time we get our 1st round selection.

Comment

Fitzgerald said he wants to enter the draft next season and will challenge the NFL rule saying that u have to be so many years removed from high school much like Claurret is doing. When he enters the draft he'll definately be a top 5 pick, so it'll be hard to get him. I have to admit the dude is the ****. He is really a talented player and i would be excited to see him in blue & orange, but it doesn't seem likely.

-WAR Broncos-

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DenverFanInGB
        [B]Fitzgerald said he wants to enter the draft next season and will challenge the NFL rule saying that u have to be so many years removed from high school much like Claurret is doing. When he enters the draft he'll definately be a top 5 pick, so it'll be hard to get him. I have to admit the dude is the ****. He is really a talented player and i would be excited to see him in blue & orange, but it doesn't seem likely.

I was not aware he wanted to challange the rule...where and when did you hear this??

Comment

I heard that on ESPN yesterday. But i just read an article saying that his dad, Larry Sr. who's the sports editor for a Minneanapolis newspaper , said that if Claurett won his case against the NFL it would be something for his son to consider. It seems that Larry Jr. has a good head on his shoulders by saying, "I see the NFL as a huge step up. You got to be mentally and physically prepared to deal with a 16-game season. It's an unbelievable chore to maintain that high level of play every week. I've been around. I've seen guys get burnt out."

So there's a chance he could play in the NFL next year, but i think he might just wait a year. Which would probably be best for him.

Comment

This sucks...this will start a snowball effect on college football with everyone leaving a year early and before you know it, college football will be watered down like college bball. I love college football to

Comment

Working...
            X